Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

FBI FP Check

I Just saw this in one of the forums and was wondering if anyone had tried to check their FP status using this number.

"Call FBI @ 304 625 2000 , PRESS #3. Tell them you are calling for your FP results for 485. They probably won't give you the results but just the status. You will need your A# and they will verify your name."

I wish there was a similar method to check the NC status :rolleyes:

Well this might explain the 3 luds we see after the FP is done. (FP-Done, FP-sent-to-FBI,FP-received-from-FBI).

FP experience

Overall, the process took 15 minutes.

I had to present my appointment notice, based on which the rep provided me a form to fill - name, DOB, nationality, color of eyes/hair, height in ft/inches, weight in pounds, address, etc.

When I turned in the form, the rep asked for 'Employment card', I told her that I do not have it; I told her that I could show her my visa and H1 approval notice; she said she does not need it and asked me to provide my Driver License.

She called me again after 5 minutes and then took the finger prints in the following order - 4 fingers (minus thumb) of right hand, thumb of right hand, 4 fingers (minus thumb) of left hand, thumb of left hand, each finger/thumb of both hands; then she took my photograph, asked me if I was satisfied with the photograph; I said yes and she stamped my appoitment notice with the confirmation that i was finger-printed by employee code of rep and the date.

Tomorrow is spouse's FP appointment.

I guess, the wait begins now!

Just got the mail stating that my app has been delayed. All petitions/applications received r required to have routine sec checks..........

Dated 19th March 2007, my enquiry initiation date was 2/21/2007.

No LUDs on our 485 after I updated my address on 12th March'07

-Still

ks and others,

I got a RFE on my EAD renewal. I have no idea what it is abt.

I have a valid h1 and abt 40 days left on my current EAD so not sure if this will impact my work status if this doesnt get resolved by the time the first EAD expires.

Any thoughts,ideas?

ks and others,

I got a RFE on my EAD renewal. I have no idea what it is abt.

I have a valid h1 and abt 40 days left on my current EAD so not sure if this will impact my work status if this doesnt get resolved by the time the first EAD expires.

Any thoughts,ideas?

Overboard,

Its always amazed me why folks get an RFE on their renewals when they sailed through the first go around. You did not have any RFEs on the first EAD or AP correct?
Anyway, the RFE could be for anything. Did you apply for your renewals online? If so, it could be for photos or something like that. Regardless, I think 40 days is plenty of buffer time. Say your attorneys get the RFE this week and say things are pretty trivial and you respond within this week, which means the service center would receive it next week or so, and you still have about a month after that for the approval, so I think you are ok.
Are you currently working on the EAD or on your H1? If you're working on your H1, then it really doesn't matter much.
In any case, I'm pretty sure this matter can and would resolve itself well before the 40 days. Keep us posted what the RFE was on when you get it.

Just got the mail stating that my app has been delayed. All petitions/applications received r required to have routine sec checks..........

Dated 19th March 2007, my enquiry initiation date was 2/21/2007.

No LUDs on our 485 after I updated my address on 12th March'07

-Still

Still,
Did you get a confirmation letter about the address change yet? It takes about 3-4 weeks, so expect the letter at that time in the mail....12th was only a couple of weeks ago.
About the routine security check letter..I got the same at the end of January..did yours state call them back in 6 months? I think thats their standard template.

Overboard,

Its always amazed me why folks get an RFE on their renewals when they sailed through the first go around. You did not have any RFEs on the first EAD or AP correct?
Anyway, the RFE could be for anything. Did you apply for your renewals online? If so, it could be for photos or something like that. Regardless, I think 40 days is plenty of buffer time. Say your attorneys get the RFE this week and say things are pretty trivial and you respond within this week, which means the service center would receive it next week or so, and you still have about a month after that for the approval, so I think you are ok.
Are you currently working on the EAD or on your H1? If you're working on your H1, then it really doesn't matter much.
In any case, I'm pretty sure this matter can and would resolve itself well before the 40 days. Keep us posted what the RFE was on when you get it.

Thanks bud..

I am hoping it is something as trivial as photo or missing i94 card. I cannot think of any other reason why I would sail thru the first time and get stuck the second.My AP is approved but the EAD is stuck

According to my lawyer I can continue working on the H if this doesnt resolve itself. I guess the H and the EAD co-exist and I havent really switched jobs.

Anyways will keep y'all posted.

Immediate LUD updates?

My spouse's FP got done today morning. Both our I485 cases show LUD updates of 04/03/2007. I am sure the LUDs reflect the FP updates.

Is the immediate LUD updates on the case normal? Should we expect the approval of our I-485 pretty soon?

Overall, the process took 15 minutes.

I had to present my appointment notice, based on which the rep provided me a form to fill - name, DOB, nationality, color of eyes/hair, height in ft/inches, weight in pounds, address, etc.

When I turned in the form, the rep asked for 'Employment card', I told her that I do not have it; I told her that I could show her my visa and H1 approval notice; she said she does not need it and asked me to provide my Driver License.

She called me again after 5 minutes and then took the finger prints in the following order - 4 fingers (minus thumb) of right hand, thumb of right hand, 4 fingers (minus thumb) of left hand, thumb of left hand, each finger/thumb of both hands; then she took my photograph, asked me if I was satisfied with the photograph; I said yes and she stamped my appoitment notice with the confirmation that i was finger-printed by employee code of rep and the date.

Tomorrow is spouse's FP appointment.

I guess, the wait begins now!

My spouse's FP got done today morning. Both our I485 cases show LUD updates of 04/03/2007. I am sure the LUDs reflect the FP updates.

Is the immediate LUD updates on the case normal? Should we expect the approval of our I-485 pretty soon?

I remember having LUDs right after our FPs were one...4/23/2006. Check when your FBI Name Check was initiated if you can. I don't even think your FP check requests have been sent to the FBI yet, they'll probably be sent this week...this is different from the name check.

How can I check when the FBI name check was initiated? So, If I understand your email correctly, FP process and FBI clearance is independent of the FBI name check clearance. Also, FP clearance by FBI is not a big deal; the real stopper is the name check clearance. Correct?

Thanks in advance!

I remember having LUDs right after our FPs were one...4/23/2006. Check when your FBI Name Check was initiated if you can. I don't even think your FP check requests have been sent to the FBI yet, they'll probably be sent this week...this is different from the name check.

After almost 3 weeks of filing concurrently using CC, we received notice of our biometrics appointment for next week. However, we have not received any case numbers etc. since we filed. Is this normal?

Could it be that the case numbers are on the way? Does the biometrics appointment mean our application has been accepted via CC?

Thanks

After almost 3 weeks of filing concurrently using CC, we received notice of our biometrics appointment for next week. However, we have not received any case numbers etc. since we filed. Is this normal?

Could it be that the case numbers are on the way? Does the biometrics appointment mean our application has been accepted via CC?

Thanks
Congratulations Dedo..the CC has been accepted as evident by the biometrics notice. Your receipt numbers should be enroute.

How can I check when the FBI name check was initiated? So, If I understand your email correctly, FP process and FBI clearance is independent of the FBI name check clearance. Also, FP clearance by FBI is not a big deal; the real stopper is the name check clearance. Correct?

Thanks in advance!
WellWisher,

1. FBI Name Check Initiated Date: You can try and find out by making an Infopass appointment. I'd hold off on this. Since you just finished your biometrics, odds are the name check request has gone out quite recently. Its usually sent to the FBI a few weeks after the 485 is filed.

2. Fingerprints are sent to the FBI by USCIS after your biometrics usually on the same day or the next day. The FBI turnaround time is usually a day or two for fingerprints...yes..extraordinarily fast I think.

3. Name Check aka Security Check and FP are entirely independent entities....the FP is done in the blink of an eye, but the name check can take anywhere from two days to two years, or more.

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

Thanks ks_cc

Congratulations Dedo..the CC has been accepted as evident by the biometrics notice. Your receipt numbers should be enroute.

What is usually the next step after the biometrics? Is this a prerequistite for AP and EAD? Is this is the first step in the background/name check?

Sorry, i have so many questions but its exciting to see something happening after 4 years

What is usually the next step after the biometrics? Is this a prerequistite for AP and EAD? Is this is the first step in the background/name check?

Sorry, i have so many questions but its exciting to see something happening after 4 years
Dedo,
You can never ask enough questions. I can imagine how exciting this must be for you. Look at it this way, the more you know now, then you can turn around and help someone else tomorrow. Questions are free to ask, so ask away!
As far as your question goes, I don't know...
Just kidding. AP and EAD approvals are unrelated to your biometrics. The biometrics (fingerprints) are a prerequisite for adjudication of the AOS applications, the 485s. The next step after biometrics is pretty much just waiting for an approval, for your EAD/AP and the 485s.

1 year since ND...

Hey folks
Just an FYI.
Its one year since my Notice Date today (04/03/2006). My RD passed in March (03/23/2006). Its been a long year, but I've learned a lot. Like many others, I hadn't anticipated getting stuck in name check. Regardless, I'm quite confident that there is light at the end of the tunnel, for all of us.

Dedo,
You can never ask enough questions. I can imagine how exciting this must be for you. Look at it this way, the more you know now, then you can turn around and help someone else tomorrow. Questions are free to ask, so ask away!
As far as your question goes, I don't know...
Just kidding. AP and EAD approvals are unrelated to your biometrics. The biometrics (fingerprints) are a prerequisite for adjudication of the AOS applications, the 485s. The next step after biometrics is pretty much just waiting for an approval, for your EAD/AP and the 485s.

Thanks ks_cc! I just want to get out of this mess. I hope this phase will pass soon and not after 1-2 years. I will keep everyone posted

Hey folks
Just an FYI.
Its one year since my Notice Date today (04/03/2006). My RD passed in March (03/23/2006). Its been a long year, but I've learned a lot. Like many others, I hadn't anticipated getting stuck in name check. Regardless, I'm quite confident that there is light at the end of the tunnel, for all of us.

ks_cc, i am sorry to hear that you are stuck in name check, and I understand from my attorney that this is the one step that can change approval time from 6 months to 2 years. Who is typically getting stuck here? Is there any pattern? Do you know anyone on this board that got through name check quickly?

Well said KS!!!!

Hey folks
Just an FYI.

Well said KS!!! I concur. Took a while for me to get down to brass tacks.
I haven't seen a single LUD on my case after the initial ND of 10/26/06. Not even post my FP in November!!!! I haven't called FBI or TSC yet; but maybe I will initiate contact post 6 months of my 485 ND.

-Zeppelin

ks_cc, i am sorry to hear that you are stuck in name check, and I understand from my attorney that this is the one step that can change approval time from 6 months to 2 years. Who is typically getting stuck here? Is there any pattern? Do you know anyone on this board that got through name check quickly?

Don't know what the pattern is here. We tried speculating a couple of pages ago. There is no apparent reasoning here...my wife and I got submitted the very same day, and her name check came back in just a few weeks...of course her nationality is Japanese, and I'm Indian...so don't really know if thats of consequence.
Username BrittanySpears got approved way back in the summer of 2006, her and her husbands name check came back pretty quick. See the Excel sheet that Still has for others who've been cleared pretty quick. My name's pretty unique even for India, so I don't know what the deal is.