Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hey All, sorry been really busy with my new daughter. USCIS now has the responses to the huge RFE's that it sent us - updating my LUD's.

485's all around, so there !

vik

What does it mean?

My wife and I got LUDs on our 485s after fingerprinting yesterday, and then I see LUDs again for today 4/11

What do you think is happening? Just curious

My wife and I got LUDs on our 485s after fingerprinting yesterday, and then I see LUDs again for today 4/11

What do you think is happening? Just curious

Just normal fingerprint processing. Probably the system being updated with the fingerprinting information, including the FP check request being sent to the FBI and/or returned from them. FP check is super fast as compared to the name check, takes about a couple of days or so.

Ks Cc

Just normal fingerprint processing. Probably the system being updated with the fingerprinting information, including the FP check request being sent to the FBI and/or returned from them. FP check is super fast as compared to the name check, takes about a couple of days or so.

Thank you KS CC for clarifying on FP...I was wondering myself why 2 LUDs after fingerprinting. Makes sense.

Thanks again

Out of the country

So, all my paperwork is filed, and PF is complete.

I plan to be out of the country for 2-3 months on vacation and business this summer. Is there anything that would require me to be in the US? of course i will wait until i get my AP and EAD before i leave, but is there anything that can come up for which i will need to be in the country now?

Thanks

Next POA

Hi Ks_cc,

As you can see on my signature I got an LUD on the 4th, and I received a letter stating that my address has been changed and the letter was dated 3rd.

I had also updated the address on my wife's 485, neither was there any LUD on her 485, nor was there any letter.

Should I call them up and give them the confirmation number from upd the address on my wife's 485?

-Still

Comments!

Hi Ks_cc & others,

I looked at the TSC main threads there seem to be approvals of PD of 2001/2002 only.

If the SC "backlog" is that long then I dont see much hope for us.

What say?

Still

Hi Ks_cc & others,

I looked at the TSC main threads there seem to be approvals of PD of 2001/2002 only.

What say?

Still

What exactly are you referring to? I looked at their site and dont see any 2001's there.

Hi Ks_cc,

As you can see on my signature I got an LUD on the 4th, and I received a letter stating that my address has been changed and the letter was dated 3rd.

I had also updated the address on my wife's 485, neither was there any LUD on her 485, nor was there any letter.

Should I call them up and give them the confirmation number from upd the address on my wife's 485?

-Still

Hi Still,
Thats interesting, since when I did the address change all those moons ago, the confirmation letter that I got was addressed to me only. My wife never received one. I had been wondering about that, but never got around to calling Customer Service. However, when I received letters in January from the VSC informing us that our applications have been delayed due to pending security checks, we both got the letters, so I left it at that, since that verified that they had the right address for my wife on record. Part of me thinks that only the primary receives the address letters, but I cannot be certain. What I'd suggest is that you do call customer service and have them update your wife's address on record as well. They cannot tell you what address they have on file, only send an update request. To avoid duplicate address requests being sent, you can take an Infopass and verify the address on record for your wife, or use the POJ and call the service center directly and ask them to verify the address on record, explaining the cause for your concern.

Hi Ks_cc & others,

What say?

Still

Actually I've seen several folks with later PDs being approved. I read somewhere that the case processing times may have been delayed due to the bi-specialization process, so my best guess is that older PDs got moved from say the VSC to the TSC first, so TSC began adjudicating them first and hence the reason for the trend you noticed.

Actually I've seen several folks with later PDs being approved. I read somewhere that the case processing times may have been delayed due to the bi-specialization process, so my best guess is that older PDs got moved from say the VSC to the TSC first, so TSC began adjudicating them first and hence the reason for the trend you noticed.

again, what are you guys referring to? I hate to hear of those 01 and 02 dates after waiting 4 years for my LC to be approved!!!

again, what are you guys referring to? I hate to hear of those 01 and 02 dates after waiting 4 years for my LC to be approved!!!
I think Still was referring to the LC PDs of the folks that are seeing approvals recently. I'm not 100% certain if thats necessarily a pattern.

I think Still was referring to the LC PDs of the folks that are seeing approvals recently. I'm not 100% certain if thats necessarily a pattern.

Where do you see that? When i go on the tracking page on the USCIS website, most dates are December 2006 for 485 application ADs.

I guess he thinks that there is some sort of order based on LC PDs? I sure hope so because i need to be out of this mess soon

ks_cc

Hi ks_cc. I posted this above but no response, so maybe you can help....

I plan to be out of the country for 2-3 months on vacation and business this summer. Is there anything that would require me to be in the US? of course i will wait until i get my AP and EAD before i leave, but is there anything that can come up for which i will need to be in the country now?

Thanks

Where do you see that? When i go on the tracking page on the USCIS website, most dates are December 2006 for 485 application ADs.

I guess he thinks that there is some sort of order based on LC PDs? I sure hope so because i need to be out of this mess soon

Yes, I think Still's basing his opinion on the recent approval patterns he has seen.
Out of this mess soon - don't we all :)

Hi ks_cc. I posted this above but no response, so maybe you can help....

Thanks

Not particularly. If you've already had your biometrics done, you should be ok. Of course the caveat is that if you get an RFE and need to respond to it...but I don't think you need to be physically here, as long as you have access to what the RFE asks for and you or your lawyer can respond rapidly. Moreover, I'm sure you'd sign up for email updates on case processing and can remotely check your case status online. I'd suggest doing that on a regular basis and ensure that if you've signed up for email updates, that you have access to your email. Lastly, I am not sure what transpires if your 485 gets approved while you are outside the country on AP. I'd suggest reading up on that as well. I don't think its a big deal, but just be certain.

Not particularly. If you've already had your biometrics done, you should be ok. Of course the caveat is that if you get an RFE and need to respond to it...but I don't think you need to be physically here, as long as you have access to what the RFE asks for and you or your lawyer can respond rapidly. Moreover, I'm sure you'd sign up for email updates on case processing and can remotely check your case status online. I'd suggest doing that on a regular basis and ensure that if you've signed up for email updates, that you have access to your email. Lastly, I am not sure what transpires if your 485 gets approved while you are outside the country on AP. I'd suggest reading up on that as well. I don't think its a big deal, but just be certain.

Thanks ks_cc. Good point about what will happen if 485 gets approved while I am gone. Will need to ask the attorney
Thanks

One clarification

Hi Dedo,

What I meant by saying 2001/2002 guys getting approved is Guys from India(or from retrogressed countries) with LC PD of 2001/2002, i.e. the date on which ur LC got filed.

Ks-cc -> This may be either because of their visa availability restriction or the Name Check backlog(as we had speculated earlier that FBI does the NC according to the country of birth, & since the retrogressed countries have a lot of apps, the que is longer). If the reason is former then I see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel, else I see the light dimming away:(

Dedo I fully understand the pain u went through in ur LC. Hope the above explains what I meant in my previous posting. After all we are all here to shoulder each others' pain. All of us just need to hing in here.

-Still