Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi Dedo,

What I meant by saying 2001/2002 guys getting approved is Guys from India(or from retrogressed countries) with LC PD of 2001/2002, i.e. the date on which ur LC got filed.

Ks-cc -> This may be either because of their visa availability restriction or the Name Check backlog(as we had speculated earlier that FBI does the NC according to the country of birth, & since the retrogressed countries have a lot of apps, the que is longer). If the reason is former then I see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel, else I see the light dimming away:(

Dedo I fully understand the pain u went through in ur LC. Hope the above explains what I meant in my previous posting. After all we are all here to shoulder each others' pain. All of us just need to hing in here.

-Still

Still - Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, i am really tired of waiting for every single stage in this never ending process. If what you are saying is true, then someone like me with at early 03 PD may actually see some light at the end of the tunnel

Need suggestions on AC-21

I am fed up with my current job :mad: and seriously thinking about changing jobs after 6 months of I-485.
Do you guys know what it entails to use AC-21 and switch?
Is it a tricky process? Can my old employer (current employer) screw up the whole process?

If you have a link to AC-21 forum handy, please post that too.

Thanks,
Mansarovar

How long did it take to get AP since filing? Which service center did your application go to?
Thanks

It was filed on Jan 4th 2007

However my I 140 has not been approved as yet .. don't know why it's taking this long for it to be approved , it was not Preminum Processing , it was regular

I called the TSC using our good old POJ trick this morning. Still stuck in Security checks. This time I asked them when it was initiated and the lady mentioned July 19, 2006. Wonder how much longer we need to wait. Already time for sending in renewals for our EAD. Would be applying for them shortly.

Processing time at NSC and EAD.. and LUD's

Hi all,
I have my 485 filed on Feb 16th 2007 at NSC. I haven;t received the LUD's on EAD and AP and not seeing any LUD's on EAD and A.P after 2/26. I completed with my F.P on 4/16 and I see a LUD for 485.

Is there this much delay in receiving EAD and AP's? Is this a common tread in NSC for people who have applied around Feb 2007 time frame? Shd I be concerned about?

Thank you in advance.
NDH

I called the TSC using our good old POJ trick this morning. Still stuck in Security checks. This time I asked them when it was initiated and the lady mentioned July 19, 2006. Wonder how much longer we need to wait. Already time for sending in renewals for our EAD. Would be applying for them shortly.

Ditto. Called TSC this AM too. On the plus side the lady was very nice. April 2006 initiated and still pending.

Hi all,
I have my 485 filed on Feb 16th 2007 at NSC. I haven;t received the LUD's on EAD and AP and not seeing any LUD's on EAD and A.P after 2/26. I completed with my F.P on 4/16 and I see a LUD for 485.

Is there this much delay in receiving EAD and AP's? Is this a common tread in NSC for people who have applied around Feb 2007 time frame? Shd I be concerned about?

Thank you in advance.
NDH

Nidhin, don't know much about NSC processing times, but its not unreasonable to expect EAD and AP approval within 60 days. I think they stipulate a 90 day turnaround, but its just amazing how off their published times are. For our first EAD/AP (@ VSC) it took about a month and a half, for the renewals (also VSC) about three weeks. I'd give it another week or so and then prod your attorney to see if they can find out what the hold up is.

Poj

What does POJ stsnd for?

Hey ks,

No FP notice yet. Tried calling the NSC 1-800 number(I don't know if it was POJ or not, just called the NSC number, pressed appropriate ubttons and got through to a rep), but she was friendly but unhelpful. Said they don't have an idea about individual cases, for that I'd have to make an InfoPass appointment. So I have taken an Infopass appointment for Thursday.

Lawyer route is also proving to be unhelpful as the (typically) unfriendly lawyers are saying that me not receiving FP notice yet is well within "normal" processing times so there is nothing to worry about or do yet.

I'll post the InfoPass results on Thursday , hopefully I get some info from them.

Now, what I suggest:
Give it till Monday, April 16th. If you haven't heard until then, you can:
a. Call National Customer Service and report that you've yet to receive a FP notice.
b. Call the Service Center directly using POJ.
c. Have your attorney do some groundwork for you.
Lastly, since the FP is unrelated to and independent of the name check, chances are your name check requests have already gone out to the feds.
Long story short, don't fret. Biometrics is the USCIS requirement and when they want it, they'll ask you for it, but definitely follow up to remind them...

Most important:
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but keep on your lawyer about the biometrics. My attorney's office was the one who recvd the notices and they called me ONE DAY before the actual appt asking me if I had recvd the notice. I had not and they faxed it over to me. Which was scary since I came ssoooooo close to missing the appointment (April 23), and with a wife who was quite pregnant at the time (we had our daughter 2 weeks later...on our 3rd wedding anniversary nonetheless...gosh its almost been a year), I couldnt have afforded to spend time doing the whole reopen-reschedule nonsense.

Hey Navneet, are both you and your wife's namechecks still pending? Just wondering if it really is a trend to clear the derivatives and block the primaries. Besides ks_cc and myself on tihs forum, I know two other couples who are in the same position. Wondering what yours was..?

vik

Hey ks,

No FP notice yet. Tried calling the NSC 1-800 number(I don't know if it was POJ or not, just called the NSC number, pressed appropriate ubttons and got through to a rep), but she was friendly but unhelpful. Said they don't have an idea about individual cases, for that I'd have to make an InfoPass appointment. So I have taken an Infopass appointment for Thursday.

Lawyer route is also proving to be unhelpful as the (typically) unfriendly lawyers are saying that me not receiving FP notice yet is well within "normal" processing times so there is nothing to worry about or do yet.

I'll post the InfoPass results on Thursday , hopefully I get some info from them.

Prez, good call to be proactive rather than just wait. If they've missed sending one, you can rectify this..who knows you may just get FP-ed on Thursday itself! Good luck!

Hey Navneet, are both you and your wife's namechecks still pending? Just wondering if it really is a trend to clear the derivatives and block the primaries. Besides ks_cc and myself on tihs forum, I know two other couples who are in the same position. Wondering what yours was..?

vik
Now wouldn't that make for an interesting pattern....primaries on this thread are, as far as I know, natives of the Indian subcontinent...correct me if I am incorrect.

Now wouldn't that make for an interesting pattern....primaries on this thread are, as far as I know, natives of the Indian subcontinent...correct me if I am incorrect.

I prob forgot to mention this but during my INFOPASS appointment, the lady that I spoke to said something like "I dont know why they dont clear the primary applicants and all the derivatives get cleared very quickly." If USCIS themselves see this trend, its gotta be bigger than we comprehend. Sucks though...

vik

Did you guys see post by TariqK on NSC tracker.

This guy got his GC yesterday, his RD for 485 is Jan 4th, 2007.
And that too with a name like Tariq Khan.
Only difference is that he is not from India but some other country.

I bet there is retrogression in Cross Chargeability too.:mad:

vik

I am not sure on that Vik. I guess will have to take an infopass and find that out. Sure seems an interesting pattern, but I dont know if I am in the same boat. Alternatively, I am thinking of asking my wife to call TSC using the POJ trick. Dont know if that would reveal the mystery, but can certainly try. I will post details if I get any info.

This guy got his GC yesterday, his RD for 485 is Jan 4th, 2007.
And that too with a name like Tariq Khan.
Only difference is that he is not from India but some other country.

I bet there is retrogression in Cross Chargeability too.:mad:

Yes I did see that. I guess this proves that they don't profile us racially or under religious grounds...or perhaps they're trying to prevent themselves from being accused of profiling. This nice gentleman too:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244655
But, I do see your point of view and reasoning about hits occuring on certain names...its inexplicable..
I'm very happy for both of them. I'm sure things are easy for them in our changed world, so hopefully the green card effects a positive difference in their lives...as I'm sure it does in everyones.

Our day shall come.

I prob forgot to mention this but during my INFOPASS appointment, the lady that I spoke to said something like "I dont know why they dont clear the primary applicants and all the derivatives get cleared very quickly." If USCIS themselves see this trend, its gotta be bigger than we comprehend. Sucks though...

vik

Well, if its any consolation...that is, if your wife was stuck in name check and you were cleared, you'd have your card by now and she'd be waiting...
Yeah no...not really any consolation.
I feel your pain man...I did not expect to get stuck in this name check process when I filed back in early 2006. I dont think anyone expects to get stuck...but it does seem like a LOT more folks are stuck in name check than those who aren't....from these boards itself...it seems that a majority of folks with current PDs (us included) are waiting name check...its just befuddling.

Well, if its any consolation...that is, if your wife was stuck in name check and you were cleared, you'd have your card by now and she'd be waiting...
Yeah no...not really any consolation.
I feel your pain man...I did not expect to get stuck in this name check process when I filed back in early 2006. I dont think anyone expects to get stuck...but it does seem like a LOT more folks are stuck in name check than those who aren't....from these boards itself...it seems that a majority of folks with current PDs (us included) are waiting name check...its just befuddling.

Yeah guess you're right - no point really, getting one without the other.