Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

CRoss Chargability Question. Help needed very urgent

I applied my Grenn card in Eb2 category,I am going to apply my I485 using Cross Charagbility using my wife's parents who were born in a non retrogressed country,
My mother in law was born in Singapore and he is currently setteld in singapore.
My father in law was born in Burma and moved to india at the age of 5 (mynamar and he is currently in india undergoing his medical treatment).
I Have collected all the documents as such my mother in law Birth certificate and her school
transcripts and she owns a house in singapore and i produced the housing papers and recent
mortgage papers.
Regarding my father in law, I could not able to get the birth certificate and i requested for a non avaibility from Mynamanr ( they sent a non available certifiacate)
what more do i have to provide for cross chargability.

Has any one come accross similar situation. My getting my GC processing from Murthy law firm.

I guess the following link tells us it is possible

http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inserts/slb/slb-1/slb-20/slb-1312?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

Under Section (b) and

(4) an alien born within any foreign state in which neither of his parents was born and in which neither of his parents had a residence at the time of such alien's birth may be charged to the foreign state of either parent.

Last edited by a moderator:
raidohri said:
I applied my Grenn card in Eb2 category,....
Nand Kishore Rai,
Welcome aboard. I think you'd be the first person on this CC thread that is applying for CC through your spouses parents. At the same time, the Murthy firm is very competent and have processed several CC cases as far as I know. I think as far as documentation is concerned, your list is pretty comprehensive and apart from the usual gamut of documents that you need when filing concurrently or filing just the AOS, I don't believe you require anything more. Make sure to include your marriage certificate and all that stuff.

Any hope?

I went over the entire thread and got a decent idea on the CC process in general. Here are the details of my case:

NSC-EB2
RD 08/10/05
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
EAD - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/06
485 - Last LUD - 09/14/06 after responding to RFE

Lawyer sent request to NSC to apply Cross-chargibility Rule based on my wife's country of birth (I'm Indian). I had no clue that this facility was available and the lawyer never bothered to suggest/recommend until I brought it up with him. No LUD yet since the letter was sent late last week.
Looking at my case, could someone comment on where the case might be headed or if there is light at the end of the tunnel, sooner than EB2 India dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOPS said:
I went over the entire thread and got a decent idea on the CC process in general. Here are the details of my case:

NSC-EB2
RD 08/10/05
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
EAD - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/06
485 - Last LUD - 09/14/06 after responding to RFE

Lawyer sent request to NSC to apply Cross-chargibility Rule based on my wife's country of birth (I'm Indian). I had no clue that this facility was available and the lawyer never bothered to suggest/recommend until I brought it up with him. No LUD yet since the letter was sent late last week.
Looking at my case, could someone comment on where the case might be headed or if there is light at the end of the tunnel, sooner than EB2 India dates.
Noops, based on my opinion and mine alone, the fact that you're with a center not the VSC makes me want to say that you're headed for an approval with 3-4 weeks of them saying that they got the response to the RFE. What was the RFE for?
Also note that Section 202 (a)(b) of the INA; the cross-chargeability clause; isn't well publicized, so not many folks know about it. I stumbled upon it after retrogression back in Oct 05 threw me for a loop. After that it was an uphill task presenting my "case" and "evidence" to my own freaking attorneys until they realized that I wasn't pulling this law out of my wazoo.

Lud

OK...Got an LUD Today for my wife's 485@VSC.
Must be for imcomplete medical's I guess,
She had called yesterday using the POJ method to know the status..
Dont know if its a co-incidence...

dbins01 said:
OK...Got an LUD Today for my wife's 485@VSC.
Must be for imcomplete medical's I guess,
She had called yesterday using the POJ method to know the status..
Dont know if its a co-incidence...
Well at least theres some activity. By the way, what does the acronym 'POJ' stand for anyway?

no idea what POJ stand for,probably named after the user who figured out this ..
google for POJ method and u will see hits

ks_cc said:
Hey guys

I was skimming over the tracker to see if I can make any sense of the approval trend. Based on the tracker, out of the four approvals, we know the Labor PDs for nitin_varma and Brittany. Now, Brittany's case was at TSC which is currently processing applications with PDs of March 2006 and her PD was Jan 1 2006...so that makes sense. However, with Nitin's case, his PD was 12/2005 with the VSC and his case was approved. Vermont as of September 19 2006 is processing 485 applications with a priority date of June 21, 2005. I don't get it. Do we have Nitins PD incorrect?

I think u made a mistake USCIS site gives us the recv dates not the PD of the files being processed.

plztoday said:
I think u made a mistake USCIS site gives us the recv dates not the PD of the files being processed.
I see, even if that may be so, it still is an anomaly for nitin's case to be processed as soon as it did, didn't it? Judging by the tracker, his RDND was 01/05/06 but they're currently looking at applications they recd in June 2005?

ks_cc said:
I see, even if that may be so, it still is an anomaly for nitin's case to be processed as soon as it did, didn't it? Judging by the tracker, his RDND was 01/05/06 but they're currently looking at applications they recd in June 2005?

I know I do agree with u.

plztoday said:
I know I do agree with u.

C'mon fellas, you dont really think those dates they publish on the USCIS website about the applications they're currently looking at are accurate in any way. Acc to NSC's dates today, they're looking at 131's and 765's from June and mine had RD's of July and they're all approved.

I have no idea where these people come up with these dates but I dont think they represent the actual situation in any way. My colleage had his 140 approved in a month from NSC when their website said they had a backlog of more than 6. The whole thing is just too fickle.

vik

RFE for Birth Certificate

ks_cc said:
Noops, based on my opinion and mine alone, the fact that you're with a center not the VSC makes me want to say that you're headed for an approval with 3-4 weeks of them saying that they got the response to the RFE. What was the RFE for?
Also note that Section 202 (a)(b) of the INA; the cross-chargeability clause; isn't well publicized, so not many folks know about it. I stumbled upon it after retrogression back in Oct 05 threw me for a loop. After that it was an uphill task presenting my "case" and "evidence" to my own freaking attorneys until they realized that I wasn't pulling this law out of my wazoo.

The RFE was for my wife's birth certificate. It was a birth certificate re-issued in Bahrain (wife's place of birth) 3 years ago and they had the year of birth all mixed up. Luckily, I had a couple of copies issued earlier and the lawyer just submitted those with some additional documents (School/College degree certs). The response to rfe was sent on 09/11 and the LUD changed for the next 4 days and the message changed as follows:
"On September 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."
Since then there have been no LUD changes. Now that request for CC was sent last week, can I expect to see some LUD changes in mine or my wife's 485?
NOOP$

vikram77 said:
C'mon fellas, you dont really think those dates they publish on the USCIS website about the applications they're currently looking at are accurate in any way. Acc to NSC's dates today, they're looking at 131's and 765's from June and mine had RD's of July and they're all approved.

I have no idea where these people come up with these dates but I dont think they represent the actual situation in any way. My colleage had his 140 approved in a month from NSC when their website said they had a backlog of more than 6. The whole thing is just too fickle.

vik

Well, if u add 60 days from the date posted u can come up to the current RD they r actually working on.It is my calculation it can be wrong.

dbins01 said:
Does a LUD always means an RFE?
TIA

No. It means some one has touched Ur file. actually it brings a bit of relieve....but unluckily they didn't touch my file for the last 2 months....so no LUD.... :(

No, not in my experience dbins. I had a bunch of LUDS on my AP's and EAD's but they were approved without RFE's. Also have an LUD on my 485 but no RFE.

vik

dbins01 said:
Does a LUD always means an RFE?
TIA
Not at all. Like other folks said, an LUD on the case is usually indicative of someone touching your file for some sort of processing. Sometimes the cases have LUDs that are triggered by routine batch jobs. I'd consider an LUD a wonderful thing...at least its not stagnating in a box somewhere.