Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

plztoday said:
Hi, StillPatient

I added some details of nitin, Zoujo, williamtt which I had found in the forum.I added a sheet showing their details too.U can verify.and then delete the extra sheet.

just wanted to make this tracker more informative.

Thanks,

Plztoday.

Thanks plztoday,

Got some more data and incorporated yours also.

-StillPatient

Dbins
For us VSC-ers, is the article pertinent to processing for 485s? On first read, I presumed the article addressed H1-B processing backlogs at St. Albans, but on re-reading it, it seemed to imply that the influx of H1-B applications is taking away processing time from immigrant applications, such as our 485s.

On a side note, this may explain why we haven't seen a 485 approval. Like Brittany, our RFE response was sent back just about the same time. October 4th marked two months with no LUDs since August 10th on my wife's case. What's interesting is that the USCIS states that applicants can call CIS and formally request an inquiry into what has happened with the case if adjudication after RFE response is not done within 60 days. I am thinking of trekking a half hour to the Manchester NH USCIS after making an Infopass appointment next week.
Brittany was processed at TSC, so if the article dbins posted has bearing on immigrant visa processing times, then it makes sense now. I'm not sure if I should just wait for a little while longer.

2nd RFE

I just received a 2nd RFE email from NSC on my I-140. This is really frustrating. Is there any way I can get the RFE details over the phone? Can my lawyer or employer call the CIS and inquire ?

pururwa said:
I just received a 2nd RFE email from NSC on my I-140. This is really frustrating. Is there any way I can get the RFE details over the phone? Can my lawyer or employer call the CIS and inquire ?
Pururwa,
Ouch, this sucks. Nope, just like with the first one, there is no possible way to know the contents of the RFE until the letter actually gets to the lawyers. At least thats the case with 485 RFEs, but I don't see how 140 RFEs would be any different. Sorry this has happened. Must be something trivial, look on the bright side...that means someone wants to adjudicate the case but need some materials before they do so. Who knows, perhaps your 485 would immediately follow your 140 approval as has happened with so many folks on these message boards, so hang in there.

purrurwa /KC

I got it from immigration-law.com

KC, did u try to call VSC and find out the status?
when I called a few weeks I was told stuck in background checks?

dbins01 said:

Hi dbins, long time no see!!! Mine is also stuck in the checks as was told.. I think that's bull!! As far as we know, there are 4 of us who filed in Mar.. and none of us have seen the approval yet.. Couldn't possibly be the checks... most likely thrown aside for H1 processing..

Great job StillPatient!!. With the growing no. of CC filers.. it is easier to keep track..

radd said:
Hi dbins, long time no see!!! Mine is also stuck in the checks as was told.. I think that's bull!! As far as we know, there are 4 of us who filed in Mar.. and none of us have seen the approval yet.. Couldn't possibly be the checks... most likely thrown aside for H1 processing..

Great job StillPatient!!. With the growing no. of CC filers.. it is easier to keep track..

Hi Radd,

You are most welcome. Can you please verify your info and give an ok. Also please post your filing and processing center and your finger printing date.
I can update the tracker.

-StillPatient

pururwa said:

Hi pururwa,

Pray it is something very very trivial. Just hang on and everything will be fine.

-StillPatient

dbins01 said:

Hi dbins,
Nope, haven't called them yet, but I plan to soon enough. Perhaps you're right..they're ready to adjudicate my wife's 485 but cannot do so because I might be stuck in the security check black hole.

StillPatient said:
Hi Radd,

You are most welcome. Can you please verify your info and give an ok. Also please post your filing and processing center and your finger printing date.

-StillPatient
StillPatient,

This really does help a lot. Thanks again. Here are my details:

VSC EB-2 Filed using Cross-Chargeability (Japan)
LC PD: October 2005
485 RD: March 27 2006 [Self/Spouse]
485 ND: April 07 2006 [Self/Spouse]
I-140 AD: May 10 2006 [Self/Spouse]
EAD AD: May 18 2006 [Self/Spouse]
AP AD: May 19 2006 [Self/Spouse]

[SPOUSE]
485 RFE Recvd: July 28 2006 (missing untranslated Birth Certificate)
485 RFE Response Sent: July 28 2006
485 RFE Response Recvd: August 4th 2006
LUDs Changed after RFE Response Recvd: Aug 6th, Aug 8th, Aug 10th.

for KS_CC

ks_cc said:
Pururwa,
Ouch, this sucks. Nope, just like with the first one, there is no possible way to know the contents of the RFE until the letter actually gets to the lawyers. At least thats the case with 485 RFEs, but I don't see how 140 RFEs would be any different. Sorry this has happened. Must be something trivial, look on the bright side...that means someone wants to adjudicate the case but need some materials before they do so. Who knows, perhaps your 485 would immediately follow your 140 approval as has happened with so many folks on these message boards, so hang in there.
Hey KS,
did you try to get RFE information over the phone when the RFE was issued on your wife's 485 ? What did the rep tell you? I am trying to figure out if my lawyer/employer can call and get the details. Waiting for this RFE letter for another week is too painfull.
Thanks

pururwa said:
Hey KS,
did you try to get RFE information over the phone when the RFE was issued on your wife's 485 ? What did the rep tell you? I am trying to figure out if my lawyer/employer can call and get the details. Waiting for this RFE letter for another week is too painfull.
Thanks
Hey bud
Yup, tried those avenues. Trust me, I was quite irritated and frantic to get information on what the RFE content matter was and I was told that there is no way the 1800 number reps nor the attorneys would be able to obtain that information until the attorneys actually get the RFE letter in hand. Ironically, in my case, the attorneys did not even bother to inform me, since they had forgetten to attach the untranslated birth cert for my wife, and had it handy enough that they sent it back the very same day and I did not hear what the RFE was for until a few days after I got email from USCIS saying they recvd the RFE response. Sorry, but there is no way to get wind of what its about until you actually get it in hand. I strongly feel that its something trivial and that your adjudication would be right around the corner once the response is sent...they are processing your case..

Thanks KS

ks_cc said:
Hey bud
Yup, tried those avenues. Trust me, I was quite irritated and frantic to get information on what the RFE content matter was and I was told that there is no way the 1800 number reps nor the attorneys would be able to obtain that information until the attorneys actually get the RFE letter in hand. Ironically, in my case, the attorneys did not even bother to inform me, since they had forgetten to attach the untranslated birth cert for my wife, and had it handy enough that they sent it back the very same day and I did not hear what the RFE was for until a few days after I got email from USCIS saying they recvd the RFE response. Sorry, but there is no way to get wind of what its about until you actually get it in hand. I strongly feel that its something trivial and that your adjudication would be right around the corner once the response is sent...they are processing your case..
Thanks for the kind words.....
I am really frustrated with Nebraska, they are really trying to create problems if they don't see any obvious ones. Also, my lawyers are so f***in idiots to mess up a case so clean with the candidate(me) having a masters from the US.

Its all lottery man, if you have a good luck you will win OR else you will loose. I am not sure if I will cherish this GC after 10 years or so, which I am so crazy about now. May be the way this world is changing, US will not be that lucrative to live in that time.

I just got word yesterday that my 2nd 140 (ammendment to my original approved one due to a takeover)is applied in Nebraska Service Center...

So now I have my 140 sitting in Nebraska and the 485 in VSC.. I hope there is a foreign key linking the two files somewhere :confused:

over..

there is something called "interfiling " when you file a second 140 to link it up
with an existing 485,check it out if you have not done so.
I hve heard abt this dont know the finer details yet

Gurus! Q about interfiling.

As most of you know that my I140 is stuck at nebraska. However my wifes I140 has been approved. Now, since 485s were filed with my 140 with me being the primary applicant, is there any way that we can link (interfile ?) those 485s to my wife's 140 with my wife being the primary applicant ?

StillPatient said:
Hi Radd,

-StillPatient

Thanks StillPaitient.. Filed and being processed @VSC..

dbins01 said:
there is something called "interfiling " when you file a second 140 to link it up
with an existing 485,check it out if you have not done so.
I hve heard abt this dont know the finer details yet

Hi dbins01,

Plese post ur FP date so that I can update the tracker.

Thanks.

-StillPatient