Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Now I'm steamed...

Ok...now I'm getting hot under the collar.

I've been traipsing all over the internet looking at 485 Approvals after RFE Responses have been received by the service centers, and the trend I see is that applications at the TSC and NSC and even the CSC in some instances have an approval time of about a month tops after the RFE response is recvd. The VSC has no such track record and the approval times are all over the board, from 3 months to 7 months.

I also came across this gem: http://www.hooyou.com/news/news012706rfe.htm

Today marks the 70th day for us and I'm still holding out hope that we're not an anomaly to the USCIS issued guidelines...but a guideline is just that...a guideline.

Unreal. Calling the VSC tomorrow, but realized that it would have taken me much less time to drive over to St. Albans than the amount of time I spent on hold all week only to give up on the call. I'm sure the good folks at VSC work just as hard if not harder than the other centers, but come on already.

NOOPS said:
Since then there have been no LUD changes. Now that request for CC was sent last week, can I expect to see some LUD changes in mine or my wife's 485?
NOOP$
Yes. I'd expect LUD changes.

RFE columns in tracker

Hi All,

I have added 2 columns to the tracker to show the RFE dates and the days in waiting.

Please update/post ur RFE dates(if applicable).

-StillPatient

My/spouse 485 got tranferred to Nebraska today. Must have something to do with the 140 ammendment I filed in Nebraska.

Well I am hoping this is a positive sign... Have you guys seen any Nebraska approvals lately?

Also guys is this a standard message? It talks abt an interview etc...

"we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

One more question guys :)

Any idea how it works on case transfers.

My 485 was originally in VSC with a march receipt date. Now its in NSC with oct date. Should I use the tracker timings based on the VSC date or the NSC date?

Whats the general user experience :)

overboard said:
Also guys is this a standard message? It talks about an interview etc...

"we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

U r the 4th person who got this mail.

I don't want to disappoint u, but after receiving this mail nothing happened in our case. even no LUD.

Can u say, whether Ur name check has been completed or not?
and also give details abt ur case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Overboard

I have updated the tracker with the change in ur spouse's proc center.
Is ur 485 still in VSC?
Also please post ur priority date and FP date.

-StillPatient

plz..

both me and my wife's 485 was transferred on 10/10/06. No idea if the name check is complete. Do i need to call the service center to find that?

No LUDs since then...

overboard said:
plz..

both me and my wife's 485 was transferred on 10/10/06. No idea if the name check is complete. Do i need to call the service center to find that?

No LUDs since then...

well, i called them a no of times...........but no luck they didnt say any thing......

dbins01 said:
any luck calling VSC last friday?
Hi dbins.
Well, since the RFE was for my wife, I did not want to spend the time being on hold and then be told that she needs to call; and since she doesn't have the time to call either (nor the inclination), I asked my employer to ping the attorneys and have them do a formal status inquiry including stating that the 60 day adjudication guideline has long passed without any updates, and that the visa availability is current. I'll keep everyone posted to what they learn, but the way they work, I don't expect any news for another few days. C'est la vie.
I keep finding cases online who went through TSC and got approved a week after sending their RFE response. Must be nice.

overboard said:
LUD's on both mine and spouse 485 yesterday.

This could be due to the transfer to NSC...
If ur xfer was on 10th then this cannot be for that.
I hope it is the all important one...............keep ur fingers crossed.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator: