Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

thats ok

vikram77 said:
Hey All

Got our fingerprinting notices yesterday but there were a couple of things that seemed to be off the norm as I understood. First, the notices were sent to us and not to the attorney and second, there was no LUD on the case. The last and only LUD was on 8/31. Anyway, point is, nothing seems to have a pattern at all.
we also received the notices and not the lawyers.
And, LUD changes after you are done with your appointments and not when the notices were issued.

Nothing yet. Got a letter from VSC for both me and spouse cases in the mail that they have transferred to NSC..

"After prelim processing is complete.. we transferred to NSC for interview etc .blah blah"

plztoday said:
Any news Overboard, any more LUDs?or did the online mgs change to ....(the magic words)?

pururwa said:
we also received the notices and not the lawyers.
And, LUD changes after you are done with your appointments and not when the notices were issued.

Same here.
I also got ours at home.

-Still

One more LUD today on 485's...10/21

No LUD on the 140 ammendment... A colleague of mine who had to do a 140 ammendment got his approval in one week (he applied a week before me). Mine is already 3 wks... Making me a bit nervous... Could be the fact that they started premium processing on the 140 EB2 and mine went in a day before it became effective...

Wonder when the ocean would calm down for us to sail smoothly...

One more LUD today 10/24 and a set of emails announcing that they got the cases in NSC.

My theory - all these LUDs were part of the transfer process. Now the wait begins..

The Proc. date of EB-based I-485 at TSC is stuck on 04/11/2006, my ND is 07/18/2006 but on 10/29/2006 it will be 91 days since TSC received my RFE resp.

Iam planning to call the 1800# on 30th, what response should I expect?
A recorded message? or a real officer giving me some good info.

Gurus please advise/comment.

-Still

StillPatient said:
The Proc. date of EB-based I-485 at TSC is stuck on 04/11/2006, my ND is 07/18/2006 but on 10/29/2006 it will be 91 days since TSC received my RFE resp.

Iam planning to call the 1800# on 30th, what response should I expect?
A recorded message? or a real officer giving me some good info.

Gurus please advise/comment.

-Still
Hi StillPatient,
I think I can address this a little bit. I've been stuck in the very same boat that you are in. It's about 84 days and change for me since the VSC received the RFE Response for my wife's 485, and I've been peturbed that we haven't seen anything move on that front since August 10th (the date of the last LUD). They did get the response on August 4th and the LUDs changed three times afterwards and stopped on August 10th.

I did research and it seems that the USCIS issued guideline is 60 days for a case to be adjudicated after an RFE response is received. I thought that the other service centers were more proactive in meeting this guideline, as evident by several approvals that I've seen, some from the TSC. Take Brittany for instance (I think she was CSC but not sure).
Also read this link:
http://www.hooyou.com/news/news012706rfe.htm issued earlier this year.

I've always been checking the case status online and never called the National Customer Service number to get case status updates until yesterday. I punched in the EAC number for my wife and the message states that we should expect an adjudication (written notice) within 60 days. That was as of August 4th and it shall be 90 days come November 4th. At this point, I've contacted my attorneys, since they're the ones who are supposed to follow through (not to mention thats what I've paid them for). They haven't done squat yet. After the 90 day period, which you are in, you are free to seek counsel from the AILA liaison. If you look at their website, you can find one in your area. I'm not sure if AILA contact is something that you as the applicant initiate or whether thats something your attorney needs to do.

I also calculated the average on the trackitt website for people getting approvals after an RFE and unfortunately despite the 60 day guideline, cases being adjudicated are all over the board, from 3 weeks to 4 months. There is no pattern to this. Its really disappointing, but if you think about it, the case may remain unadjudicated for a myriad of reasons...perhaps the name check isn't cleared yet, or the immigration officer has been pulled off the case for more pressing issues that are taking precedence. I'm planning on calling the VSC soon, since its getting more obvious that my attorneys aren't going to. I'll post my findings, but in my case I suspect that since its a CC case and the cases are intertwined, my wife's approval has been held up since perhaps my name check hasn't come back yet.

overboard said:
One more LUD today 10/24 and a set of emails announcing that they got the cases in NSC.

My theory - all these LUDs were part of the transfer process. Now the wait begins..[/QUOTE

what does the mail say?

plztoday said:
overboard said:

My theory - all these LUDs were part of the transfer process. Now the wait begins..[/QUOTE

what does the mail say?

Plz,

"your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete'.

Btw one more LUD today 10/25...

ks_cc said:
Hi StillPatient,
I think I can address this a little bit. I've been stuck in the very same boat that you are in. It's about 84 days and change for me since the VSC received the RFE Response for my wife's 485, and I've been peturbed that we haven't seen anything move on that front since August 10th (the date of the last LUD). They did get the response on August 4th and the LUDs changed three times afterwards and stopped on August 10th.

I did research and it seems that the USCIS issued guideline is 60 days for a case to be adjudicated after an RFE response is received. I thought that the other service centers were more proactive in meeting this guideline, as evident by several approvals that I've seen, some from the TSC. Take Brittany for instance (I think she was CSC but not sure).
Also read this link:
http://www.hooyou.com/news/news012706rfe.htm issued earlier this year.

I've always been checking the case status online and never called the National Customer Service number to get case status updates until yesterday. I punched in the EAC number for my wife and the message states that we should expect an adjudication (written notice) within 60 days. That was as of August 4th and it shall be 90 days come November 4th. At this point, I've contacted my attorneys, since they're the ones who are supposed to follow through (not to mention thats what I've paid them for). They haven't done squat yet. After the 90 day period, which you are in, you are free to seek counsel from the AILA liaison. If you look at their website, you can find one in your area. I'm not sure if AILA contact is something that you as the applicant initiate or whether thats something your attorney needs to do.

I also calculated the average on the trackitt website for people getting approvals after an RFE and unfortunately despite the 60 day guideline, cases being adjudicated are all over the board, from 3 weeks to 4 months. There is no pattern to this. Its really disappointing, but if you think about it, the case may remain unadjudicated for a myriad of reasons...perhaps the name check isn't cleared yet, or the immigration officer has been pulled off the case for more pressing issues that are taking precedence. I'm planning on calling the VSC soon, since its getting more obvious that my attorneys aren't going to. I'll post my findings, but in my case I suspect that since its a CC case and the cases are intertwined, my wife's approval has been held up since perhaps my name check hasn't come back yet.

Thanks KS_CC for this info.

Still I will try my luck on the 30th by phone, as I have been reading in other forums here that one can get lucky after calling 2-3 times.

-Still

Another LUD today on the 485s - 10/26...

Is this common to see 3 LUDs in 3 days when your case gets transferred?

FYI, for status on phone, call

800 375 5283, then

1..2..2..6..1..receipt number..1 to confirm

Doesnt make sense going through the thing every time.
vik

vikram77 said:
FYI, for status on phone, call

800 375 5283, then

1..2..2..6..1..receipt number..1 to confirm

Doesnt make sense going through the thing every time.
vik

Vik,

I noticed from your signature that you had a 485 LUD today. Have you been getting LUDs all week? I got one today too and my 485 is sitting in NSC.

overboard said:
Vik,

I noticed from your signature that you had a 485 LUD today. Have you been getting LUDs all week? I got one today too and my 485 is sitting in NSC.

Hey overboard

Nah, the LUD's because of our fingerprinting which happened y'day, the 26th.

vik

PERM Approved - Next Steps

Hi all,

I got my PERM approval yesterday. Please advice me of the next steps.
How does concurrent filing works?

Should I do, I-140 and 485 at the same time or can I first file my 140 premium (which now gets approved in 1-2 weeks) and then apply for my 485 under cross chargeability?

My company has inhouse lawyers who does doing my GC. can I ask them to file my I-140 and then do 485 under any other CC experienced lawyers?

Please advice.

Thank you
NDH

nidhin_n said:
Hi all,

Should I do, I-140 and 485 at the same time or can I first file my 140 premium (which now gets approved in 1-2 weeks) and then apply for my 485 under cross chargeability?

My company has inhouse lawyers who does doing my GC. can I ask them to file my I-140 and then do 485 under any other CC experienced lawyers?

Please advice.

Thank you
NDH

I'd recommend reading through this entire thread first. Then maybe if you had questions, you could post them. There are a bunch of helpful people on here that will answer you.

vik

nidhin_n said:
Hi all,

Please advice.

Thank you
NDH
NDH,
Concurrent filing using CC works just like any other concurrent filing, except for the country of chargeability in the 485 forms would be UAE (your spouse's country of nativity) and the filing attorneys would have to enclose a cross chargeability cover letter, something in bold font and large letters to grab the attention to the mail room processors. There is actually a PDF cover sheet enclosure somewhere back in this thread, a standard cover form.
Congrats on your perm. My opinion would be to file both at the same time regardless of if you're doing an expedited 140 or not. Also you may want to file for Advanced Parole & the EAD card as well.
Best
k

StillPatient said:
-Still
Still,
Any luck calling the TSC? I'm almost at the 90 day mark. I figured I'd give it 90 days before going into freak mode.

ks_cc said:
Still,
Any luck calling the TSC? I'm almost at the 90 day mark. I figured I'd give it 90 days before going into freak mode.

I called thrice, always got redirected to voice mail. "The response to your RFE was recd.........none of the officers have any more info.......blah blah......

I dont think any of us will have any luck before the 485 proc dates for our respective centers are reached.

I have added 2 colums to the tracker showing the current 485 processing cutoff dates and the number of days diff for each one.

Sorry to say the numbers dont look good.

Iam planning to again call, will keep you posted.

-Still

StillPatient said:
I called thrice, always got redirected to voice mail. "The response to your RFE was recd.........none of the officers have any more info.......blah blah......

I dont think any of us will have any luck before the 485 proc dates for our respective centers are reached.

I have added 2 colums to the tracker showing the current 485 processing cutoff dates and the number of days diff for each one.

Sorry to say the numbers dont look good.

Iam planning to again call, will keep you posted.

-Still
Thanks for the spreadsheet update. Doesn't look too good but then again, from what I've seen, the service center approvals don't necessarily reflect what date they're processing. Anyway, you couldn't get through to the service center using the POJ?