Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Good luck with the EAD's, i got mine mid April ..spouse got the SSN's in mail
a week back it took around 18 days for the ssn to arrive after applying..
no LUD's on 485

dbins01 said:
Good luck with the EAD's, i got mine mid April ..spouse got the SSN's in mail
a week back it took around 18 days for the ssn to arrive after applying..
no LUD's on 485

Dbins,

what should we do to get SSN for spouse? Go to SS office and show card? Any forms to fill? What to bring?

thanks,
radd

find out the correct ssn office for your area ->online
then fill out the form for new SSN, available online.
take
EAD card and approval notice
AP notice
H4,passport and latest I-94 card.

when we went they said they could not verify the EAD in their system
and told us to come back in 30 days..we insisted they accept the application
and sent it for verificaiton..the lady was nice and keyed in the apps and gave a filing /reference number...within 10 days we got a letter stating the doc's have been verified and u will get ssn in mail and it arrived in 5 days...now going over the process of adding/updating the spouse's ssn in DMV/cards etcc...

dbins01 said:
find out the correct ssn office for your area ->online
then fill out the form for new SSN, available online.
take
EAD card and approval notice
AP notice
H4,passport and latest I-94 card.

when we went they said they could not verify the EAD in their system
and told us to come back in 30 days..we insisted they accept the application
and sent it for verificaiton..the lady was nice and keyed in the apps and gave a filing /reference number...within 10 days we got a letter stating the doc's have been verified and u will get ssn in mail and it arrived in 5 days...now going over the process of adding/updating the spouse's ssn in DMV/cards etcc...

Thanks buddy...

Congrats Radd!

Radd,
Heartiest congratulations bud. Probably a bass ackwards question, but how long after the approval email did you get the cards in the mail (today)?
Dbins01, so your attorney hasnt gotten anything yet either?

ks_cc said:
Radd,
Heartiest congratulations bud. Probably a bass ackwards question, but how long after the approval email did you get the cards in the mail (today)?
Dbins01, so your attorney hasnt gotten anything yet either?

you changed add, right? did you check with your buyers? Your post office? Yours should have been out way before mine..

anyway, got approval on Fri, email on Sat.. received in today's mail. Mail was postmarked 22nd.

good luck,
radd

dbins01 said:
Radd /over..
Did u get the 140 approval in snail mail?

nope.. haven't heard anything from employer yet... going by the speed of our EADs, I think either in tomorrow's mail or Fri's

radd

over,db,rad
My dates are similar to yours, but my case was never transfered and I'm still waiting for my 140. Any idea?

nothing yet

Hey Radd,

Yup. I talked to the buyers last night. They havent gotten anything yet. I called the post office and they dont have anything with our name marked as undeliverable. They also told me that if they do get it, they wont be able to give it to me and would need to send it back, but they dont have anything anyway...

bbking said:
over,db,rad
My dates are similar to yours, but my case was never transfered and I'm still waiting for my 140. Any idea?

bbk,
none of our cases were transfered too. VSC is still processing concurrent filings. It only transfered I140 filed w/o I485 and those that were pending for whatever reasons.

I140 approval largely depends on co.. so it's very hard to predict the timeframe.. Well, still keep your fingers crossed.. you might get that joyful email anytime..

good luck,
radd

Does 485 Status Msg ever Change ??

My fingerprinting has been done but my 485 online status still says "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on [DATE]. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between XXX and YYY days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Does this status msg ever change ? Please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nain

I saw a LUD on my 485 when my fingerprinting was done. So hopefully ur current msg will change to the more standard one after your fingerprinting is done..

Again ur lawyers should be telling you this...

pururwa said:
My fingerprinting has been done but my 485 online status still says "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on [DATE]. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between XXX and YYY days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Does this status msg ever change ? Please let me know.

yep.. no message change for me too.

radd

Nainsukh said:
I am very impressed with this thread. Thats why I am hopeful I may get some solution to my problem from here.

INS is showing "Insufficient Fingerprinting Fee received, case is suspended until we receive full payment" on their website eventhough the 485 receipt shows the correct amount of "$395" as fee received. I spoke to my lawyers and they said they would contact INS to corrcet this error. 3 weeks have passed since then but the status msg on INS website hasn't changed.

What am I supposed to do in this case? I am worried about the case status still showing the wrong msg on INS website. Shall I call INS directly and get a resolution. I haven't called yet as my lawyers have asked me not to. But since I-485 is my petition, can I or should I go ahead and call INS?

Surprisingly I have received fingerprint notice also, I am not sure as to why the online status and the phone status still showing the wrong msg.

What should I do? Please help.

Nainsukh,

like overboard said, I too think you shld check with your lawyer.. You can call if you want. It is your application anyway..

As long as your case is moving ahead, I think your lawyer has taken care of matters.. Again just my opinion.. check with lawyer..

radd

Radd,

No Cards yet in the mail.. Now its in the hands of USPS I guess...

No changes on the 485 status either... Feels like I am on the third base and a hit away to score... On the flip side an out could end the inning...

Ead

Radd et al

My EAD came today! Interestingly they sent it to my old address (the one listed on the 765) despite having a change of address recorded. Oh well.
My wife's EAD did not arrive today, but since this went to our old place and got forwarded, I am hopeful that it should be this week.
Ya know the kicker? Our old place is literally across the street...un-freaking-real.

But anyway...JOY
ks