Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

major mix up-can someone help?

I have filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently -and the visa number is not
current. I am from india. What do I do ?
Can I recall the entire package ?

ni12

ni12 said:
I have filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently -and the visa number is not
current. I am from india. What do I do ?
Can I recall the entire package ?

ni12

ni12
More than likely, the USCIS would simply send your 485 application back and accept the 140 application. You do not need to recall the entire package. When the applications go for pre-processing, they would send the 485 back and accept the 140 application, with visa number unavailability stated as the reason for the 485 being sent back.

ni12 said:
Thank you for saving my weekend from needless worry.

ni12

NP bud. Good luck on the 485 filing for whenever the quotas come up to speed. On the bright side, with the 140 filed (and hopefully approved) in the near future, you can extend your H1 in increments of a year (for pending 140s...I think some period of time needs to pass after the filing), and three years (after the 140 has been approved).

No updates

None yet ...no approval notices yet in mail to the lawfirm
Have a nice weekend folks...hope to see some action next week

ks

Spouse EAD came in today...

No LUDS on 485.. Hope things pick up after the long weekend and they approve all our apps ..

overboard said:
ks

Spouse EAD came in today...

No LUDS on 485.. Hope things pick up after the long weekend and they approve all our apps ..

No LUDs on my side too.. Have a great weekend!! See you guys next week..

5/30

Hello folks

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Just a quick update.

a. My wife's EAD card has not come in yet, did not come in over the weekend, so hopefully today is the day.
b. We did get our Advanced Parole documents from the attorney's office this past Saturday. The documents went to the lawyers and they sent them to us.

No LUDs on 485 since 05/01...

questions

I am just out of Back Log Center and new in this thread. I am not sure those abbreviations like: ND(notice date?), RD(receipt date?), LUD(?), TD/EAD(?), how do I know which center will process my case and how to check my case status online? Anyone can help me? Thanks!!

How to extend stay on visitor's visa

I know this forum may not be the right place to discuss this, but am taking my chances as I am very impressed with the immigration knowledge you people have...My father is visiting on a visitor's visa and his stay is going to expire in about a month and a half (I-94 date), we want to extend his stay by filing I-539 form in california...do you guys have any experience regarding that...
a.) How many days it takes to process I-539 ?
b.) what happens if there is no decision on 539 by the last day of his current I-94 validity, does he have to leave the country by that day OR can he wait for 539's decision ?
Please help, let me know if there is any similar thread on any of the forums on this portal...
Thanks

pururwa said:
I know this forum may not be the right place to discuss this, but am taking my chances as I am very impressed with the immigration knowledge you people have...My father is visiting on a visitor's visa and his stay is going to expire in about a month and a half (I-94 date), we want to extend his stay by filing I-539 form in california...do you guys have any experience regarding that...
b.) what happens if there is no decision on 539 by the last day of his current I-94 validity, does he have to leave the country by that day OR can he wait for 539's decision ?
Please help, let me know if there is any similar thread on any of the forums on this portal...
Thanks

Purawa, I don't know much about I-539, but if it helps matters any, here are the processing times for I-539 at the California Service Center:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California
As you can see they are processing these kinds of applications with a PD of Feb 14th 2006.
It might be that since you file an application and the decision is pending, he might be eligible to stay on, but please don't accept my opinion. I have zero knowledge of this. I am unsure that this warrants you employing an attorney, but my suggestion would be to google your questions and/or make an Infopass appointment and talk to an Immigration Officer.

PBLC_01302006 said:
I am just out of Back Log Center and new in this thread. I am not sure those abbreviations like: ND(notice date?), RD(receipt date?), LUD(?), TD/EAD(?), how do I know which center will process my case and how to check my case status online? Anyone can help me? Thanks!!

PBLC,
This thread is for folks using the cross-chargeability law to apply concurrently for 140 & 485. I assume since you're out of backlog it means that your labor certification has been approved and you're about to file concurrently for 140 & 485 (140- immigrant petition for alien worker, 485 - adjustment of status), and that you can apply concurrently (you are from a non retrogressed country).
Regardless, the LUD stands for "Last Update Date" which indicates the last time your case was touched by a USCIS offier, or by some USCIS computer batch process running. Usually an LUD might mean that your case is being processed and going through the stages of processing.
Not sure what a TD is, but EAD stands for Employment Authorization Document. When you file for 485, you also can file for Employment Authorization (I-765). When this case is approved, the USCIS mails you a plastic card that authorizes you to be employed for any employer within the country for a period of a year. You, at this time, do not need sponsorship, but if your green card is being obtained via employment, you need to be employed with the green card sponsor (for a certain period of time). You can also file for Advanced Parole (that enables you to travel in and out of the country without a visa stamp on your passport).

When you file your case(s), you shall be issued a receipt number. Your case would be going to whatever service center holds jurisdiction over your state, and your receipt number may be a good indication....for example, cases going to Vermont Service Center (VSC) usually start with letters "EAC"...

Here are the service centers and the states they hold jurisdiction over.

# Vermont Service Center (VSC)
Jurisdiction: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia

# Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
Jurisdiction: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming

# Texas Service Center (TSC)
Jurisdiction: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas

# California Service Center (CSC)
Jurisdiction: California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, Guam

For Case Status Checks -
1. Go to the following URL:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

2. Create an account for yourself as CUSTOMER

3. Login to your account & input your case numbers into your portfolio

4. To get updates emailed to you, check the box that says EMAIL ON

You should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
pururwa said:
Thanks

Pururwa, I think the answers to most or all your questions can be found here thanks to Rajiv Khanna & immigration.com:

http://www.immigration.com/faq/visitorsvisa.html

I found this post in another thread dated 05/30:

Approval
I got my I485 approved in slightly less than 3 months. I'm surprised and, more than anything, very, very happy.

XXXXXXXX, and just got an email that my card was mailed out.
FP: late apr 2006
AD: late may 2006

I hope it means that they are approving Feb end now..
dbins, I feel that your case would be picked up in about a week as your RD/ND is the earliest among us .. And all of our cases would follow pretty soon too... :)

Thanks, Ks_cc!

Thanks Ks_cc for your response! It is very helpful. I did file I140 and I485 together because the regression is current for my case. I think the same way as you mentioned that Pennsylvania should be under VSC, but the receipt for my I-485 from TSC, does that mean TSC will process my case? I am from Pennsylvania.

:confused:

PBLC_01302006 said:
Thanks Ks_cc for your response! It is very helpful. I did file I140 and I485 together because the regression is current for my case. I think the same way as you mentioned that Pennsylvania should be under VSC, but the receipt for my I-485 from TSC, does that mean TSC will process my case? I am from Pennsylvania.

:confused:
Hi,

Yes, looks like the TSC would be processing your case. The VSC moved some of their cases to other centers to help expedite things along I believe.
More information can be obtained here:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_verfeb.html

Service Centers to Allocate and Work on Specific Types of Cases
©MurthyDotCom
The USCIS has plans to make some significant changes in the way that cases are processed in the future. Not much detail was provided, but they indicated that they will move toward sharing a national workload system based on the types of forms. That is, certain forms will be handled by the Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center, while other types of forms will go to the Service Centers in California and Vermont. This should improve efficiency in terms of managing the cap counts and specializing in limited types of cases.

Good luck!
ks

radd said:
I found this post in another thread dated 05/30:

Approval
I got my I485 approved in slightly less than 3 months. I'm surprised and, more than anything, very, very happy.

XXXXXXXX, and just got an email that my card was mailed out.
FP: late apr 2006
AD: late may 2006

Amen Radd....I hope you're right!

I hope it means that they are approving Feb end now..
dbins, I feel that your case would be picked up in about a week as your RD/ND is the earliest among us .. And all of our cases would follow pretty soon too... :)

Guys,

I am yet to hear something on my I-485 application. No receipt nos yet, nor has the application been sent back. This is the 7th week since we sent it !!

I called the National customer service number and they asked me if the check was encashed by USCIS. I told them the check in NOT yet encashed. They said that they cannot give me any information from the computer if the check is not yet encashed !!

Is there a way to call Vermont Service Center and enquire where the application is based on the courier receipt (Fedex Tracking number) ??

Pls suggest....