Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Latest update

Guys here is the lstest latest from me:

My wife's(read derivative's) I-539(H1 or L1 Dependendant) got approved, i.e. H4 xtension for my wife got approved.
BUT my I-129 (H1B 7-8-9th yr xtension) is still pending.

Needless to say both our I-485 statuses remain the same.

This happened as a result of upgrading my H1B to premium processing(my calculated guess).

I find it rather strange and bizzare.........

Any comments/predictions/insights/prayers r most welcome

-Still

Guys here is the lstest latest from me:

My wife's(read derivative's) I-539(H1 or L1 Dependendant) got approved, i.e. H4 xtension for my wife got approved.
BUT my I-129 (H1B 7-8-9th yr xtension) is still pending.

Needless to say both our I-485 statuses remain the same.

This happened as a result of upgrading my H1B to premium processing(my calculated guess).

I find it rather strange and bizzare.........

Any comments/predictions/insights/prayers r most welcome

-Still

Hey bud, I still stand by my assertion that you'll be done before the month on the calendar changes....

Further Steps.

Hi,
My application for CC was received on 02/16/2007 at NSC. I am not seeing any LUD after 04/06 ie after my FP. As we are Cross Chargeable, does our visa number availability depends on CC county(UAE) or county of citizenship(India)? Are there any further steps we need to do as my 180 days has passed?

Thanks
NDH

Hi,
My application for CC was received on 02/16/2007 at NSC. I am not seeing any LUD after 04/06 ie after my FP. As we are Cross Chargeable, does our visa number availability depends on CC county(UAE) or county of citizenship(India)? Are there any further steps we need to do as my 180 days has passed?

Thanks
NDH

nidhin,
Your visa number availability isn't subject to retrogressions under India & China or other traditionally retrogressed countries. With CC, you fall under RoW (Rest of World), that is, the UAE. With the September visa bulletin, I think your PD is current...I don't know what your PD is, but check the bulletin for EB3 All Other Chargeability areas. If your PD is current, and six months have passed, make an Infopass appointment and find out the status of your FBI Name Check. If you determine that your name check is clear, call the National Customer Service 800 number and initiate a "Service Request".

nidhin,
Your visa number availability isn't subject to retrogressions under India & China or other traditionally retrogressed countries. With CC, you fall under RoW (Rest of World), that is, the UAE. With the September visa bulletin, I think your PD is current...I don't know what your PD is, but check the bulletin for EB3 All Other Chargeability areas. If your PD is current, and six months have passed, make an Infopass appointment and find out the status of your FBI Name Check. If you determine that your name check is clear, call the National Customer Service 800 number and initiate a "Service Request".
Thanks KS_CC for your quick response. For RoW the PD is Jan 07 and my prioty date is Nov 06. So I think I am good with Visa Number availability.

Do I need to wrte to senators, congressmen etc. Is this the time to do it?

Thanks
NDH

Thanks KS_CC for your quick response. For RoW the PD is Jan 07 and my prioty date is Nov 06. So I think I am good with Visa Number availability.

Do I need to wrte to senators, congressmen etc. Is this the time to do it?

Thanks
NDH

Hi nidhin,
Yes, you're current as far as visa numbers go then. Find out about your FBI Name Check status. Thats the one that usually causes the most delays for AOS processing. If you hear that its still pending, definitely start knocking on some congressional doors. The feedback you get from your elected officials would be contingent greatly in what state you reside, because for the most part, these offices refuse to assist you until the case has been pending for over a year. That does NOT preclude you from undertaking other means such as writing to the First Lady and/or the CIS Ombudsman...again all this is if the name check is pending. If you determine that you're clear, you may need to wait till the 'now processing dates' catch up for the service center. If thats all kosher, then create a SR first before sending letters.

Hi nidhin,
Yes, you're current as far as visa numbers go then. Find out about your FBI Name Check status. Thats the one that usually causes the most delays for AOS processing. If you hear that its still pending, definitely start knocking on some congressional doors. The feedback you get from your elected officials would be contingent greatly in what state you reside, because for the most part, these offices refuse to assist you until the case has been pending for over a year. That does NOT preclude you from undertaking other means such as writing to the First Lady and/or the CIS Ombudsman...again all this is if the name check is pending. If you determine that you're clear, you may need to wait till the 'now processing dates' catch up for the service center. If thats all kosher, then create a SR first before sending letters.

ks,

Glad to see you still active on the forum! It's kind of a ritual for me to login from time to time and see posts from you clearing people's doubts ;)

Congrats on receiving the 797's!

So tell us what you and the family did to celebrate? :)

-Prez

Hi,

The RD for my 485 is 1/3/2007 and my case is at NSC. I had my finger printing done on 1/28/2007. Since then I have had 4 LUD changes with no change in message. The latest LUD is 8/1/2007. I don't even know if my name check is cleared.
Could anyone please let me know what are the options that I could pursue at this point to find out what is going on with my application? I am from India, and my spouse's country is Bulgaria. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

ks,

Glad to see you still active on the forum! It's kind of a ritual for me to login from time to time and see posts from you clearing people's doubts ;)

Congrats on receiving the 797's!

So tell us what you and the family did to celebrate? :)

-Prez

Hey Prez,
Thanks! Like I said before, we're all in this together and until everyone's out of this with their cards in hand, I'm going to be around as long as I can help.
Celebrations have been pretty low-key. Its more of relief now than anything else. We'd definitely have a party coming up...but trust me about the relief part. No more monkeys straggling my back.

Hi,

The RD for my 485 is 1/3/2007 and my case is at NSC. I had my finger printing done on 1/28/2007. Since then I have had 4 LUD changes with no change in message. The latest LUD is 8/1/2007. I don't even know if my name check is cleared.
Could anyone please let me know what are the options that I could pursue at this point to find out what is going on with my application? I am from India, and my spouse's country is Bulgaria. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello rania,
Have you applied for AOS using Cross-Chargeability? I presume you have, but your options to follow up on your case are the same regardless of if you've applied using CC or not.
This is what I would suggest....
1. Find out what the status of your FBI Name Check is. I presume you're the primary applicant. Neither case can be approved until you're name check is complete. Your best bet is making an Infopass appointment and asking the IO.
2. Figure out the 'now processing dates'. If they're over your filing date, then open a service request by calling the national customer service number.
3. I presume that you are EB2 and your visa number is current as per the October bulletin.
4. If the name check is still pending, your case cannot move forward. At that time, start writing as many letters as you can to get help from your congressperson and/or senator's offices. You could also try writing to the First Lady as a lot of folks have done so, albeit, with mixed success.
5. If your name check is clear, and if the now processing date has crossed your file date, and if your visa number quota is open, then you find form 7001 off of the CIS Ombudsman site and send them the completed form.

GOT MY WIFE"S AND I"S I145 APPROVAL NOTICE TODAY .
I also checked the online status and this is what it shows :

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

So I quess this is the end of the road for me .
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN WAITING ......there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel and I'm sure for many of you that light will be seen very shortly .
Thanks to all of you for your support and especially to those who took the time to answer some of my questions .

GOD BLESS

Hi ks_cc,

Thanks for the quick response. Congratulations on your approval.

Yes I filed my AOS using cross chargeability.

1. How do I set up an infopass appointment?

2. The processing date for NSC is September 2006, while my RD is January 2007. So I guess I cannot open a service request, right?

3. My visa category is EB2. How can I know that my visa number is current as per the October bulletin?

4. This is contingent on the Infopass appointment, right?

Sorry for the ignorance. Thanks again for your help.

On September 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN WAITING ......there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel and I'm sure for many of you that light will be seen very shortly .
Thanks to all of you for your support and especially to those who took the time to answer some of my questions .

GOD BLESS

THAT IS AWESOME gz71. Heartiest congratulations! You are done!!!! One more down...this is absolutely great.

Hi ks_cc,

Thanks for the quick response. Congratulations on your approval.

Yes I filed my AOS using cross chargeability.

2. The processing date for NSC is September 2006, while my RD is January 2007. So I guess I cannot open a service request, right?

3. My visa category is EB2. How can I know that my visa number is current as per the October bulletin?

Sorry for the ignorance. Thanks again for your help.

Hello rania,

No worries...there's no ignorance...each of us learned about this at some point.

Answers in line..

Infopass allows you to schedule an appointment so you can speak with an immigration officer at the USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) that is closest to you. You'll be prompted for your zip code, and the system would elect an ASC closest to you. You can then select as a reason "you wish to speak with an immigration officer" or "you have a question on your case". Have your case number and your A-number on hand. You do not need to schedule a separate Infopass appointment for your wife, she is your derivative, and at the Infopass appointment, you can ask about her case.
You can access the Infopass system at the URL below:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

Before you start scheduling an appointment, make sure you also have a printer available, since you would need to print out the appointment notice that the system would generate for you once you pick an appointment. You can also reschedule a scheduled appointment, and the notice would bear the referral number.

For the actual appointment, just carry the notice you print out, your photo ID (drivers license), your 485 receipt and your wife's 485 receipt. Ask the officer that you're looking for status on your name check. They may call it security check...but its analogous to the name check.

You could. Nothing precludes you from doing so. Some Customer Service Reps (CSRs) will refuse to open an SR for you based on the now processing dates. Others might just go ahead and initiate one for you. Regardless, odds are that you will get a response from the service center informing you that they're actively working on your case or your case is outside normal processing times. A word of advice is to ignore their now processing dates...they're more of a projection than anything else.

The October visa bulletin just got released today. You can access it at the State Department web site:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3800.html
Your visa quota would fall under Employment Based (EB2) - All Other Chargeability Areas...and it states "C", which is current; in other words, unlike applicants from India and China, you are lucky to have a visa available to you (and your spouse).

Nope, your goal for the Infopass is to determine your FBI name check status, which historically has been the greatest roadblock between the applicant and the green card. Once you find that, post here and I'll suggest the next step.

Good luck. If you need to discuss any of this personally, drop me a private msg and if you want I can send you my number and we can chat.

Regards.
k

GOD BLESS

Congrats gz71! Always ncie to see people getting approved one after the other ... enjoy your freedom!

Hi ks_cc,

Thanks for your detailed response. I was curious as to why both my case and my husband's case had four LUD changes (the latest being 8/1/07) and no message changes. My lawyer could not suggest any reason why. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

GOD BLESS

Hey gz
Congratulations to you!!
Seems CC group is on a roll:)

Hi ks_cc,

Thanks for your detailed response. I was curious as to why both my case and my husband's case had four LUD changes (the latest being 8/1/07) and no message changes. My lawyer could not suggest any reason why. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello rania,
LUDs are usually a good thing. Some LUDs are generated due to internal system processes, but they are usually indicative that someone's touched your case for processing. The LUDs on your cases might be anything from CIS preparing your case for approval or your case being assigned to an Immigration Officer (the adjudicator). Depending on what the IO deems as the application packet being fully complete, they may or may not issue an RFE for additional evidence. If all else clear, such as name check, the LUDs might indicate that you're inching closer to an approval!

GOD BLESS

CONGRATS gz71. Its nice to see more and more approvals. Enjoy your new freedom.