Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Congratulations!!!

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Receipt Number: EAC0613xxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

ks_cc - You deserve it so congratulations!!! Man, I'll admit that we will miss you around here for all the lengthy posts/replies that you post here. It will be a loss for the board, but we are very happy for you!

Good luck and enjoy your new lease on life!

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Congratulations ks_cc!

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

KS
Congrats to you....well it was longdue and all your efforts paid off....the fall colours of new england are going to look good this time:)

Thanks folks!

I posted this on the Texas threads. Apologies for being redundant...
I do want to say that I'm definitely not going to disappear. Several folks on these forums have my personal contact information, and if you need it, drop me a note. Moreover, I'm not going to stop visiting the forum, nor do I intend to stop trying to help. I've said it before that we're all in this together, and we're all going to get out of this together. Still, expect you to be next.

-----------------

"Free at last, free at last,
Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.
The very time I thought I was lost,
Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last;
My dungeon shook and my chains fell off,
Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last,
This is religion, I do know,
Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last;
For I never felt such a love before,
Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last."
- Dr. Martin Luther King

Hey folks,

Thanks for your good wishes. The long winding road towards permanent residency finally ends for my wife and me.

It's definitely been an arduous and frustrating journey to get here, but the rewards are rich and reaching the end zone is very gratifying. I’d really like to thank everyone for their support through the days of sheer exasperation and despair and special thanks to the folks hosting this invaluable forum. Mr. Khanna, thank you sir.

My journey in the United States started in the mid 1990s. I was in my late teens and came over for school. In a lot of ways, I grew up here in New Hampshire, where I did my Bachelors and subsequently my Masters. I met my wife at work in 1999 and we’ve been together since 2001, and got married in 2003. She came over for school in the mid 1990s from Japan. Both of us were on H1-B. My first labor was filed in 1999, but in 2000, the company split into four entities, thereby requiring a re-file of the labor. Then came an SEC investigation and the company put a moratorium on all green card filings, including the one for my wife (who wasn’t my wife at the time). Finally when they re-filed for me, the travesty of September 11th happened, and that made the organization reinstitute the immigration sponsorship ban. We coasted along for a couple of years and they finally filed again in 2003, only to see me get laid off in 2004 as the company shrank from 8000 employees to about 1500.

Two days later I was at a new job with a new sponsoring organization. However, this organization was a large consulting firm, and despite them telling me that I was filed under EB2, I found out a year later that they had filed me under EB3 (backlogged severely at the time). They wouldn’t relent to converting my application to PERM either, so I had no choice but to leave them in the summer of 2005 and join the organization which finally got me to the green card. My labor was approved via PERM in a couple of months, but then retrogression struck for EB2 India.

Then I happened to stumble upon the cross-chargeability rule, wherein, we can charge our visas to the spouse’s country of birth. Since this was relatively unchartered territory, it took a good amount of time convincing my employer and the attorneys that cross-chargeability is legit and we can file AOS based on EB2-ROW. So, four months after the labor approval, they finally filed AOS, only to have the VSC return the packet since the mailroom ignored the cross-chargeability part. The applications were sent again and accepted where they sat since March of 2006. Then came the FBI Name Check blackhole, where my wife was done in three weeks, but I was stuck for 16 months. In early 2007, I took the proactive route and sent letters to everyone from my congresswoman to the Senator to the First Lady and most recently the USCIS Ombudsman.

Finally after a lot of coordination with my wonderful congresswoman’s staff and the senator’s staff, I got the approval emails today. After a dozen years in this wonderful country and this fantastic state. God bless all of you who are awaiting your approvals and my best wishes. I’ve been fortunate enough to gain some experience and knowledge in these forums, and try and help within the best of my abilities. Please feel free to drop me a note if anyone has any specific questions, but all in all, I don’t plan on leaving these forums anytime soon.

congrats buddy.. a green card well deserved.. your knowledge and experience in this process is priceless so please keep an eye out for us :)

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Congrats buddy,

sorry for this late response, was busy lately at office.
Enjoy ur freedom.
God bless u, ur wife and ur little daughter.
U have done a lot of good to many many people, God will cetainly bless u.
Iam happy from the bottom of my heart.

Will call this weekend to touch base. This is ur turn to send that six pack:)
-Still

Congratulations

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

I am so happy for you....
finally you made it man, go have a blast...
so, when are you gonna throw the party for us?

Congrats!!!

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

KS,
Way to go!!! Congrats to you!!! I am really happy for you.

Omfg!!!

Ks_cc,

Wow, wow and triple wow!!!! This is sooooo damn awesome!! What can I say buddy? Very happy for you! Live it up and par-tay!

-Prez.

Congratulations. Finally you are out of this mess.
Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Congrats KS_CC.

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Congratulations KS_CC.
Very well deserved.

p.s Its a coinicdence that I am sending you my congratulations from Tokyo (Shibuya).

Another set of LUDs

Hi All,

Got another set of LUDs for me and my wife on our I485s. There was no change in message. Check out my signature

-Still

Did a change of address and got a LUD each on the cases.

Noticed a change in msg from (case is pending at NSC to case is pending at a USCIS office).

Does this mean anything or is it just standard change of message?

I think you would be seeing the approval notice very soon!! Good luck!

Hey passcore,

I see that you initiated name check around 01/07 and are still stuck. What is your plan of action ? Mine was initiated on 3/17/07, and am still stuck. Wondering at what point I should start taking some action ? The 6 month pt. for me is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Still,

All these LUDs can only signify your cards are on the way! Good luck and hope for the best!

Just managed to speak to an IO at TSC using the POJ trick after 30 mins of hold time!!! She told me that my Name check got cleared last week on 8/27/07 :) and the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. She then checked the finger prints too and said that they were uploaded 8/1/06. She said that the finger prints are valid for 15 months and as of now I am good on the prints and just in case the date goes beyond 15 months before being approved, then I would have to go for the prints again.

I am happy with this news, but I am not sure how happy to be as certain people have reported in the forums that there are conflicting answers from TSC IO's when called at seperate occasions. From my experience, till date I was always told that my name check is pending and this is the first time that I am being told that it got cleared and with a specific date of when it was cleared!

In any case, I am hoping for good news soon.