Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Thanks KS...

Hi pururwa,
For all EB transfer cases, I believe that the 140 would accompany the AOS case under the covers for the most part to establish basis for adjudication of the 485. I haven't seen any LUDs on my approved 140, nor did I get a notice that the 140 has explicitly been transferred, but I believe that the transfer notice of the 485 cases implicitly implies that the 140 goes with it as well, rather the records get moved. If the 140 is pending for an applicant, I am unsure what the actual status of that application would be. To specifically answer your question, no, my 140 did not move along with the 485s, but I believe that the relationship between the 140 and 485 is more of an under the covers thing.

However, I saw an LUD on the already approved 140 in late july. Other people whose apps are pending at TSC have also noticed these kind of LUDs on their approved 140s. So I was wondering why the heck my 140 is still at TSC while 485s were transferred to NSC back in June.

My 1485 was received by NSC on Jan 8th 2007
My I140 was approved on August 2007( both I140 &485 were filed concurrently)

When do you guys think my I485 will be approved ?

Dedo -

I plan to use my AP in december so am a little curious as to the duration of stay that they stamp on your I-94 when you reenter. Also assuming it is for 1 year, what happens if you do not leave (and reenter) in that 1 year period and we dont have our gc by then ? Does the status remain valid even though you have been in the country more than the 1 year that was originally marked on your I-94?

Its a bit wierd. they stamped the actual date of entry on the I-94 and not the expiration. On the AP document itself they stamped the date of entry as well as the expiration, which was 1 year from the date of entry (even though the stamped expiration was past the date of the actual AP expiry).

But to answer your question, your AP is valid for 1 year from the issue date, If your GC is not approved by then, you can apply for another 1 year of AP. Hope this helps

My 1485 was received by NSC on Jan 8th 2007
My I140 was approved on August 2007( both I140 &485 were filed concurrently)

When do you guys think my I485 will be approved ?

No patterns here...its anyones guess

LUD again

Hi All,

Now an LUD only for wife, with no message change or email.
Nothing for me. Check out my signature.
Also there was LUDs on my I140(Approvd May 2006) and my wife's previous AP. Strange r thy ways of USCIS.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the correct fees under July visa bulletin

My lawyer made a mistake and sent my package of I-485 and I-140( concurrent filing) to Nebraska instead of Texas( delivered the package on August 17th)

After this mistake, now I'm concerned if the lawyer sent the correct fees( only filing fees) for the following:

....I-485 for me(wife)

.....I-485 for my husband

....I-140 for my husband

....I-76, Ead for me( the wife)

Could someone please, tell me what are the correct fees under July visa bulletin for all above applications that I just wrote.

Please advise me.
Your help would be highly appreciated.

Namecheck ??

The saga continues..
I was looking for information on FOIPA and happened to come acorss this page
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

It seems like FOIPA uses only a fraction of the references as opposed to a FBI initiated NC.

I was looking up information to contact Senators in CA. One of the senator has some forms which require the petitioners signature in addition to the benieficaries signature to initiate an inquiry on the NC. Today my employer (petitioner) has flatly refused to sign it :-(
I thought signatures on the Privacy act was all that was required.
Can i initiate anything to expedite the NC as a beneficiary?

Ks ur attention please......

Ks_CC,

Saw on another thread that ur wife had consecutive LUDs, please look at my earlier post and comment/predict/speculate.....

Thanks and regards,
-Still

Ks_CC,

Saw on another thread that ur wife had consecutive LUDs, please look at my earlier post and comment/predict/speculate.....

Thanks and regards,
-Still
Hey Still
Yes, I posted that on the Texas threads since a few other folks apparently experienced the same LUD patterns (28th and 29th). Lets see what today holds. These LUDs could be anything, from the RFE Response (TB Skin Test) being updated in the system (but that happened much earlier last week and I saw LUDs regarding that as well), or could be her FP being uploaded.
Since others saw the same, my theories don't hold water. Interestingly, if you see my LUD patterns, I saw LUDs earlier in August for like 3 or 4 days in a row and the they stopped. It was also right around that time that the RFE was issued for my wife's TB Skin Test. I suspect that the LUDs on my case, the primary, was that the case was being put on an IOs desk and (s)he generated the skin test RFE in short order.
I just heard from my congresswomans office that our cases are with an IO...she did say that the August VB is U (I dont understand then why people see approvals), and that she expects some movement in the second week of September when I believe the September VB kicks in.

The saga continues..
I was looking for information on FOIPA and happened to come acorss this page
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

It seems like FOIPA uses only a fraction of the references as opposed to a FBI initiated NC.

I was looking up information to contact Senators in CA. One of the senator has some forms which require the petitioners signature in addition to the benieficaries signature to initiate an inquiry on the NC. Today my employer (petitioner) has flatly refused to sign it :-(
I thought signatures on the Privacy act was all that was required.
Can i initiate anything to expedite the NC as a beneficiary?

So if I read this correctly, 90% of us should have had our name checks cleared within 48 hours of submission (usually during finger printing)? Is this correct?

Oh My God

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Receipt Number: EAC0613xxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Awesome

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

KS_CC,
Congrats KS_CC....Very happy for you. Wish you the very best in all your endeavors from here on. :D :D :D

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Congratulations buddy. I am very happy for you and all your efforts have finally paid off. Enjoy your freedom now and do come back to see us, iam sure there would be lot of questions waiting for you :D

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

KS,

This is fantastic.. long due.. :) CONGRATS !!!!

Where's the party tonite ?????

Cheers!
Navneet