Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hey passcore,

I see that you initiated name check around 01/07 and are still stuck. What is your plan of action ? Mine was initiated on 3/17/07, and am still stuck. Wondering at what point I should start taking some action ? The 6 month pt. for me is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Still,

All these LUDs can only signify your cards are on the way! Good luck and hope for the best!

Prez -

I actually sent in letters to two senators here in Atlanta yesterday. So I am hoping that they can do something or atleast ruffle enough feathers to push a few ppl into action. Apart from that and opening a service request or writing to the FL there is very little we can do :(

what is your plan of action apart from these things ?

Congrats ks_cc

Like we all mentioned, it was only a matter of time before you got the green. After a lot of trial and tribulations you have got the email..you deserved it..perseverence pays off. You have been extremely helpful to everyone on this forum and we cannot thank you enough for your valuable insights. Congrats bud..enjoy!!!

Congratulations!

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Receipt Number: EAC0613xxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

KS, many congratulations to you. Do stay around to guide us all through this name check mess.

Congrats!!!

KS,

Thats awesome buddy. Congrats to you and your family:) :). All this waiting has finally paid of. Like they say " Bhagwan ke ghar me der hai lekin ander nahi"( the literal translation- there might be delays in God's house, but not darkness!).
Your guidance on this thread has been immense, I hope you will continue to visit us on this thread. Now party and enjoy!!

Regards,
Zen

Current status:

Approval Notice Sent.

Receipt Number: EAC0613xxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!

ks_cc,

Many congratulation buddy!!!!!! If there is one person that deserved it most then it has to be you. Enjoy the freedom, don't drink too much........:)

Please keep helping us.

Thanks,
VS

Prez -

I actually sent in letters to two senators here in Atlanta yesterday. So I am hoping that they can do something or atleast ruffle enough feathers to push a few ppl into action. Apart from that and opening a service request or writing to the FL there is very little we can do :(

what is your plan of action apart from these things ?

Passcore,

I guess it's the same plan. Send letters to relevant senators, FL, ombudsman , .. open service request etc. But maybe not yet, but in early January. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't actually open a service reuqest until the "Now processing" dates are 30 days beyond your RD right ?

Thanks everyone...

Wow. I'm overwhelmed. Thanks to all of you for your best wishes.
Quite frankly, I wouldn't have made it this far without everyone's support and good wishes through the days of despair and angst. So for that, I thank each and every one of you. You gave me a release and a place to vent. I sincerely appreciate it. Through this entire ordeal, I've had the immense good fortune of knowing some of you personally as well. I strongly believe that all of us here are wonderful people living our versions of the American Dream, and I know for certain that sooner rather than later each of us will reach our destination.
THANK YOU.

I got thinking about radd after I got the approval emails. It was due to his leadership in being the guiding light on the forum that we are where we are right now. God speed Raja.

After the news of my approval spread, a lot of folks asked me how we celebrated last night. Well, the formal party is imminent (and yes everyone is invited...if interested in coming to NH, drop me a private message). The evening was definitely jubilant, but we didn't really do anything to celebrate in terms of breaking out the bubbly and so on. I guess we'll crack open a bottle when the cards arrive in the mail. No, I celebrated the best way I could. I could finally hang around with my wife, my daughter and dog and be at peace. There was nothing on my mind weighing me down. Nothing that sullied even the most happiest of moments over the past few years. At the end of the night, I lay worthlessly on the couch and channel surfed. But something was different. As I wasted away minute by minute and hour and hour, I did not have something eating away at me mind, body and soul. It was almost like I felt that I dipped into a tub of holy water or something. Felt refreshed and relaxed all at the same time.

I wish that each and every one of you feel this exhiliration very very soon.

People asked me to quantify my joy. I'd say it comes close to having my daughter born last year....not quite as eventful, but definitely in that list. The way I see it, her gestation was nine months, the green cards been several years in the making :)

Still, Navneet, you guys are next. I know it.

Finally, I can assure everyone who needs help with information that I've been fortunate to absorb in my time here, I will and am available. I've learned a few things along the way and if I can help anyone by disseminating that, I'd be more than happy to. You can send me a private message, post here, and/or email/call...whatever. If I can help anyone feel the relaxation levels I feel, I consider it an honor.

God bless all of you.

Just managed to speak to an IO at TSC using the POJ trick after 30 mins of hold time!!! She told me that my Name check got cleared last week on 8/27/07 :) and the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. She then checked the finger prints too and said that they were uploaded 8/1/06. She said that the finger prints are valid for 15 months and as of now I am good on the prints and just in case the date goes beyond 15 months before being approved, then I would have to go for the prints again.

I am happy with this news, but I am not sure how happy to be as certain people have reported in the forums that there are conflicting answers from TSC IO's when called at seperate occasions. From my experience, till date I was always told that my name check is pending and this is the first time that I am being told that it got cleared and with a specific date of when it was cleared!

In any case, I am hoping for good news soon.

navneet,

congrats on getting out of the NC hellhole! Hope you get yoru GC soon too.

Congratulations KS_CC.
Very well deserved.

p.s Its a coinicdence that I am sending you my congratulations from Tokyo (Shibuya).

Zeppelin! Nice going...I shouldn't reveal this to the wife...we've been together for several years and been married for 4, and I've yet to make a trip to Japan...now that we're "carded" I expect that to change in short order...

Zeppelin! Nice going...I shouldn't reveal this to the wife...we've been together for several years and been married for 4, and I've yet to make a trip to Japan...now that we're "carded" I expect that to change in short order...

Yeah you should...

:)

Congratulations once again!!!!

Passcore,

I guess it's the same plan. Send letters to relevant senators, FL, ombudsman , .. open service request etc. But maybe not yet, but in early January. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't actually open a service reuqest until the "Now processing" dates are 30 days beyond your RD right ?

Yes I believe that is correct however I did manage to open a SR when USCIS had moved the now processing dates to Mar 2007 for like 2 days. However I did not get a reply from them so I guess I would have to wait till the now processing dates becomes current for my RD.

Passcore,

Hey guys,
Its a crap shoot for the most part. Some CSRs (off the National Cust Service number) won't oblige and won't initiate a SR based on your file date as compared to the now processing dates, and others might. However, even if you manage to open an SR, you'd probably end up getting a 'within processing times' letter from the Center.

Hey guys,
Its a crap shoot for the most part. Some CSRs (off the National Cust Service number) won't oblige and won't initiate a SR based on your file date as compared to the now processing dates, and others might. However, even if you manage to open an SR, you'd probably end up getting a 'within processing times' letter from the Center.

Question: Should we use the transfer to NSC as the date to check if it is within processing times or should we use the original filing date at VSC as the date.

Question: Should we use the transfer to NSC as the date to check if it is within processing times or should we use the original filing date at VSC as the date.

The original filing date....if an IO or CSR tells you otherwise, they're flat out wrong.

That's awesome Navneet - getting out the name check thing is def real progress.

I've nothing diff to report other than a set of RFE's (again) on our AP's ! :) I guess the guys at USCIS couldn't put together the supporting docs I sent along with the efiled application they have.

vik

That's awesome Navneet - getting out the name check thing is def real progress.

I've nothing diff to report other than a set of RFE's (again) on our AP's ! :) I guess the guys at USCIS couldn't put together the supporting docs I sent along with the efiled application they have.

vik

Hi Vik,

I guess the folks over at the USCIS really need to get organized. I hope you get your AP's approved soon.

There seems to be something brewing at the USCIS regarding Name Checks. Someone posted this link over at the TSC threads and there are people who are hearing from the IO's that there is something being worked upon to clear the name checks of people pending more than 180 days. Check this out - http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263435

Hopefully, if something is really being worked upon, it would be a boon for all the folks waiting endlessly. This may be real as the Ombudsman also had recently said that there could be an announcement soon enough from the USCIS on name checks pending for a long time. Even the GAO report to the Congress about the DHS has indicated that they have not met the goals set by the President for the 6 month processing.

All in all, I hope we are out of this real soon.

Hi Vik,

I guess the folks over at the USCIS really need to get organized. I hope you get your AP's approved soon.

There seems to be something brewing at the USCIS regarding Name Checks. Someone posted this link over at the TSC threads and there are people who are hearing from the IO's that there is something being worked upon to clear the name checks of people pending more than 180 days. Check this out - http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263435

Hopefully, if something is really being worked upon, it would be a boon for all the folks waiting endlessly. This may be real as the Ombudsman also had recently said that there could be an announcement soon enough from the USCIS on name checks pending for a long time. Even the GAO report to the Congress about the DHS has indicated that they have not met the goals set by the President for the 6 month processing.

All in all, I hope we are out of this real soon.

The Ombudsman had made addressing name check delays one of the priorities for fiscal 2007, so this can only be a good thing. From what I know, the Ombudsman's office is aware of the issue, and awareness is the first major step. The good news in all of this is that they're cognizant of the problems and are looking for ways to resolve this. His report to Congress said it best...to paraphrase, it questioned how the name check delays helps national security since the longer the case drags on, the longer the AOS applicant can stay in the country and if the name check finds some discrepancies, its not a good idea for the country to host this applicant for that duration.

Approval Notice Recvd

Hey guys...got the I-797 Notice of Action today for self and spouse (Approval Notice)...