Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

GOT MY WIFE"S AND I"S I145 APPROVAL NOTICE TODAY .
I also checked the online status and this is what it shows :

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

So I quess this is the end of the road for me .
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN WAITING ......there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel and I'm sure for many of you that light will be seen very shortly .
Thanks to all of you for your support and especially to those who took the time to answer some of my questions .

GOD BLESS

Congratulations gz71 on ur approval. Enjoy ur freedom.

Please find the updated tracker.

-Still

GOT MY WIFE"S AND I"S I145 APPROVAL NOTICE TODAY .
I also checked the online status and this is what it shows :

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

So I quess this is the end of the road for me .
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN WAITING ......there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel and I'm sure for many of you that light will be seen very shortly .
Thanks to all of you for your support and especially to those who took the time to answer some of my questions .

GOD BLESS

Congrats man...enjoy...

Updates..

Hey Guys,

Our EAD renewal applications were received at TSC on 08/31 and were approved on 09/07. I received my card, however have still not received my wife's EAD in the mail.

Our AP renewals, however are still pending.

On another note, got an acknowledgment from the senator's office saying that they have received my letter and have forwarded an inquiry to TSC so hoping to hear back from them soon. :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

The receipt date for my I485 is January 3, 2007, and I am still waiting for my case to be adjudicated. I work in a different state than my husband, and just had a baby. I am thinking of finding a job in the same state as my husband. Could I do that without jeopardizing the green card process? I already have my H1B renewed for 3 years, and also have an EAD. Any advice would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Hi guys,

The receipt date for my I485 is January 3, 2007, and I am still waiting for my case to be adjudicated. I work in a different state than my husband, and just had a baby. I am thinking of finding a job in the same state as my husband. Could I do that without jeopardizing the green card process? I already have my H1B renewed for 3 years, and also have an EAD. Any advice would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Hi Rania,

Since it's 180 days past your RD, you are certainly ok to look for a *similar* job and switch using AC-21. But I don't have the exact details about how you should file AC-21 and any other conditions. You will find an AC-21 thread in this forum that should be helpful.

Congratulations on having a baby!

-Prez

Its over...

Folks...

Got the cards in the mail today. Its over. The long and winding road towards permanent residency for me effectively ended today, 09/14/07.

Folks...

Got the cards in the mail today. Its over. The long and winding road towards permanent residency for me effectively ended today, 09/14/07.

Nice ks!

See you in 5 years on the citizenship boards, we can gripe about getting stuck in name check again and talk about the old times ;)

Great

Folks...

Hey KS_CC,

How does it feel to be a permanent resident of this great land?:D

Pop the bubbly :p :D...Cheers

Folks...

Great to see u with the cards. Congrats once again.

As for me, got my hopes peged back on the 13th when I called us TSC, only to be told by a very nice IO that my Name check is still pending:(
She also told me that my FP are going to expire in 03 Nov '07, so if I do not get a FP2 notice by then to call up the National SC and request for a FP2 notice. She also told me that since my NC is pending from 2006, it is kind of ok as it is not too much(what the f@#$ !!!!).

So my hopes of getting something +ve by this month, or in a next few, ended in a whisker. Was trying the POJ since I got the ack message for NOID, 20-30 minutes wait.

Will be going the FOIPA way on Monday.

I guess during this month and Aug it was like that they wanted to use up all the visa numbers for the current year, so they started getting everything ready 4 all those wating 4 more than 6 months, thus our NOIDs. But now I guess the 6 months standard has increased, either because they ran out of visa numbers or they just got overburdened by the number of apps and all of a sudden 6 months of wait time for namecheck seems too less. Either way I loose out.

-Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi KS, Eveyone.

I called TSC again this morning and the lady confirmed that everything is clear (Name Check, Fingerprints etc). I asked her then why is it waiting.. she then said that EB2 India they are processing April'04 and hence there is no visa number for my case!!!!

My question is - How do we convey to an IO at TSC about CC on our case. I mean when they say things like what she told me, How do I go about it telling her that I come under rest of the world ?? Should I just explain to her that I have filed under Cross Chargeability and give the whole explaination ??

Any comments ?

Reply from senators office

I got a reply from the senator's office on the status of my pending 485 application. The reply had an attached email that their office received from TSC for my application. It stated that the namecheck for the derivative has been cleared but is pending for the primary and I need to contact them after 120 days if there is no change.

Nothing that I did not know from the previous infopass, however atleast I have a communication channel open now which might come in usefull later.

Hi KS, Eveyone.

I called TSC again this morning and the lady confirmed that everything is clear (Name Check, Fingerprints etc). I asked her then why is it waiting.. she then said that EB2 India they are processing April'04 and hence there is no visa number for my case!!!!

My question is - How do we convey to an IO at TSC about CC on our case. I mean when they say things like what she told me, How do I go about it telling her that I come under rest of the world ?? Should I just explain to her that I have filed under Cross Chargeability and give the whole explaination ??

Any comments ?

Perhaps you would be able to explain this better to an IO at an Infopass than over the phone..

If possible you might carry the official Department of state's explaination for cross chargeability

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf
(FAM 40.1 N8 - Foreign state chargeability obtained from derivative beneficiary)

Great to see u with the cards. Congrats once again.

As for me, got my hopes peged back on the 13th when I called us TSC, only to be told by a very nice IO that my Name check is still pending:(
She also told me that my FP are going to expire in 03 Nov '07, so if I do not get a FP2 notice by then to call up the National SC and request for a FP2 notice. She also told me that since my NC is pending from 2006, it is kind of ok as it is not too much(what the f@#$ !!!!).

So my hopes of getting something +ve by this month, or in a next few, ended in a whisker. Was trying the POJ since I got the ack message for NOID, 20-30 minutes wait.

Will be going the FOIPA way on Monday.

I guess during this month and Aug it was like that they wanted to use up all the visa numbers for the current year, so they started getting everything ready 4 all those wating 4 more than 6 months, thus our NOIDs. But now I guess the 6 months standard has increased, either because they ran out of visa numbers or they just got overburdened by the number of apps and all of a sudden 6 months of wait time for namecheck seems too less. Either way I loose out.

-Still

Still,
Any further news after our conversation this past weekend? Did you make an Infopass to ascertain that you're definitely in NC?

Hi KS, Eveyone.

Any comments ?

navneet,
Don't worry about it. The IOs answering the phone are not case adjudicators. The latter have knowledge about CC and know about charging visas to a particular country. IOs at Infopass and ones answering the phone do not have this knowledge, and she was most likely going by what she sees on screen for country of birth, unless you told her when and if she asked.
Seriously, disregard what she told you....it's unsettling to hear, but she really doesnt know any better. Not her fault.

I got a reply from the senator's office on the status of my pending 485 application. The reply had an attached email that their office received from TSC for my application. It stated that the namecheck for the derivative has been cleared but is pending for the primary and I need to contact them after 120 days if there is no change.

Nothing that I did not know from the previous infopass, however atleast I have a communication channel open now which might come in usefull later.

This communication channel would prove invaluable...trust me...
I wouldn't even wait another 6 months, give it a couple of months and request that they ask the Feds about a status check. More often than not, just getting the dust off your file may be enough to get this moving. Its pretty endemic now that the derivatives get cleared before the primaries...I now presume this is because our derivatives aren't of Indian origin...statistically, it happens too often than not to ignore.

navneet,
Don't worry about it. The IOs answering the phone are not case adjudicators. The latter have knowledge about CC and know about charging visas to a particular country. IOs at Infopass and ones answering the phone do not have this knowledge, and she was most likely going by what she sees on screen for country of birth, unless you told her when and if she asked.
Seriously, disregard what she told you....it's unsettling to hear, but she really doesnt know any better. Not her fault.

Thanks KS. I thought so too that she does not have that info. She just looked at the info on the screen and told me EB2 India etc. I did not tell her anything after that as I was not sure if she would even know about CC and did not want to get into explaining her the same.

All in all, this was my 3rd call over the last 2 weeks and everyone who answered the call said Name Check is clear :) Atleast that one hurdle seems to be over. Now I guess its just waiting game!

Lawyer agreed for CC

Folks...

Hey KS
Congratulations to you once again!!
Thought Still would be next in line but seems name check blackhole didnt let him pass through...Dont worry dude...you will be out soon too.:D

Just an update on my side that Laywer finally agreed to go ahead with CC in my case after some initial resistance...seems with the new bulletin out for Oct. he had no choice left out
Does anybody here has the idea about the new 485 filling fees package
While searching on the forum I came across the following post

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1698788&postcount=6

USCIS filling fees doc dosent say anything about the a package fees of $1010 (which includes 485, 765,131)and that too no renewal fees?

If anybody can explain would be great:)

navneet,

KS,

What do you suggest in that case ? Should I just hang in there and wait ? I did manage to open a service request on Aug 29th. Hopefully that triggers an adjudicator to look at my file and approve the case as everything else seems to be clear at this point. Atleast am hoping thats the case.

-Navneet

KS,

What do you suggest in that case ? Should I just hang in there and wait ? I did manage to open a service request on Aug 29th. Hopefully that triggers an adjudicator to look at my file and approve the case as everything else seems to be clear at this point. Atleast am hoping thats the case.

-Navneet

I got one of the cust service reps to open a SR. Navneet how do you get to speak to an IO. I tried the POJ and it keeps going to a customer service rep every time..

Perhaps you would be able to explain this better to an IO at an Infopass than over the phone..

If possible you might carry the official Department of state's explaination for cross chargeability

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf
(FAM 40.1 N8 - Foreign state chargeability obtained from derivative beneficiary)

Thanks Passcore. I will see if I can go for an infopass. Its a little far off from my place, but in any case I guess I will hv to plan something if nothing is moving.