Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

coolhusker,
Ouch. Sorry dude. Divorce is never an easy thing to undergo I would think, and the AOS issues probably exacerbate matters. My 0.02 would be to refile using your country of chargeability. I'm not sure if you need to withdraw your petition or have it amended such that you are the sole beneficiary to the immigration benefit. You would need to withdraw the derivative application, which would automatically negate your CC AOS.
See, all things considered, the fine line you walk here is that if you keep status quo and get an RFE for a marriage certificate, if you haven't informed CIS of your divorce, you might still sneak on by. However, in the long term and grander scheme of things, this would constitute immigration fraud. You would be availing yourself of an immigrant visa based on CC, but the marriage may not exist when they grant you the benefit.
I know this is probably not an easy decision, especially given the bigger picture of divorce, but I'd suggest that you not leave room for any doubt, no gray areas, and always keep on the straight and narrow.
I'm wicked sorry for you dude. On the bright side, your country of chargeability might be current if you do apply under it???

What happens to the EAD I have already got?

Thanks.

What happens to the EAD I have already got?

Thanks.

You know what dude? You should consult a lawter (like Rajiv Khanna or Sheela Murthy)on this issue because there are couple of things that could make a difference

You guys have not been divorced yet and iam assuming she has already filed for divorce(???) So by the time your divorce is finalized it could take atleast a year or more (Guessing) in india. Don't want to give you any false hope but i heard from someone else who was going through divorce after husband filed for himself and his wife but wife didn't sign the final divorce papers until she got the card. You should defintely seek advice from Indian Immigration Lawyer they comeup with with creative solutions, most American lawyers try to things by the book. Just my 2 cents.

My I 140 was paaroved on August 4th
Can someone plz update the tracker ?

Best of luck to those who still await I140 approval !

Guys,

Just got the email for me and my wife. I am still shaking as I am typing.
Thanks to all of you guys for helping me out, especially to KS (You are the best). Thanks Still for the tracker and Radd who started the thread.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Hi Zeppelin,

Congratulations, and celebrations, remember to have one for me.

-Still

:D Guys,
At last, my wife got her approval yesterday. The "Card production email" came around 10:00PM yesterday. Not sure if this means USCIS is working overtime. Well, this means the end of a long journey for both of us, we have been in this country for nearly 7 years. I have waited since 2002 for this to happen. Looking back the years gone by, this forum has been the only place I was able to get some comfort and encouragement during the long enduring wait. Whether it was the Labor backlog or retrogression, at every stage, this forum was very helpful in getting to know the real situation. Lots of members have done so much research and spent so much time to get all the information which they shared with every one in this forum. If not for this forum, I would have never known about CC. I want to Thank each one of you for every bit of information you shared. ks_cc, Thanks to you specially, hang in there, you should get approved soon.
:D

Congratulations gc_psraj,

Enjoy ur freedom.

-Still

My I 140 was paaroved on August 4th
Can someone plz update the tracker ?

Best of luck to those who still await I140 approval !

Hi gz71,

Congratulations on ur I140 approval.
Though this is a concurrent filing thread, but still the tracker does not contain I140 RDs/NDs and ADs.

I have ur other details in the tracker already.

-Still

gc_psraj,
Thanks for your kind words!
You're COMPLETELY out of this now dude!!!! Very very happy for you. Definitely come back & visit though! Hopefully we'll all congregate again in five years in the citizenship threads! And that means all of us!

Thanks KS. I will definitely keep visiting at least once per day, its not easy to let go of this forum.;)

Still, Zep, thanks guys.

Sept visa bulletin

Septembers visa bulletin is suprising given the comment from USCIS that all visa numbers were used and would only be available starting october. It seems that EB2 and EB1 for ROW (which is what it is for most of us) is not so bad with a processing date of Jan 07 as compared to April 04 for India...

Well hopefully now they cannot give the excuse that a visa number is not available!

Septembers visa bulletin is suprising given the comment from USCIS that all visa numbers were used and would only be available starting october. It seems that EB2 and EB1 for ROW (which is what it is for most of us) is not so bad with a processing date of Jan 07 as compared to April 04 for India...

Well hopefully now they cannot give the excuse that a visa number is not available!

Yup as usual the visa numbers in the Sept bulletin do not make much sense. I wonder what the Oct bulleting would read. We should see some more approvals on this board for people who applied last year.
Does USCIS process cases using the RD or ND?

Some advise

I have a question for anybody who have any knowledge of a workaround for my situation:

I have a Drivers Lic., with an expiration date of 09/07, the date on which my visa expires, my H1B 7th year(read 8th-9th) yr extension is stuck in VSC, was applied on the last week of May, and has an LUD of 06/03.

Without an I-94, the DMV's office will not extend my DL, thats for sure. The check-in clerk even refuses to recognize the I-94 attached to the approval of extension notice, she asked me where is the "white thing".

Any ideas/experiences folks, will be most welcome. I can commute using public transport, but I need to take my wife to her doc for checkups(we r expecting).

It seems Iam in a real mess.

-Still

I have a question for anybody who have any knowledge of a workaround for my situation:

I have a Drivers Lic., with an expiration date of 09/07, the date on which my visa expires, my H1B 7th year(read 8th-9th) yr extension is stuck in VSC, was applied on the last week of May, and has an LUD of 06/03.

Without an I-94, the DMV's office will not extend my DL, thats for sure. The check-in clerk even refuses to recognize the I-94 attached to the approval of extension notice, she asked me where is the "white thing".

Any ideas/experiences folks, will be most welcome. I can commute using public transport, but I need to take my wife to her doc for checkups(we r expecting).

-Still

Still,
Don't know if this is a state-by-state thing, but up here in the northeast, your EAD card is more than sufficient to get a driver's ID renewal. The ID expires when the EAD card does, and in NH they issue you the renewal the same day based on EAD...H1-based driver IDs take 2-3 weeks to reissue. Call me this weekend if you want to chat.

concurrent filing

Hi All
Finally here, after almost 5 years on labor. My lawyers told me that visas are done till October. Then when I was taking my time to gather all paper work, they told me that deadline for concurrent filing is 8/16 but "they forgot to notify me". Long story short they filed yesterday as concurrent under EB3 regular in Nebraska. Being new here, is there any thing i need to watch for? I don't trust my lawyers even when I had good relation with them, leave alone now that I have pissed them off with to many questions...

Hi All
Finally here, after almost 5 years on labor. My lawyers told me that visas are done till October. Then when I was taking my time to gather all paper work, they told me that deadline for concurrent filing is 8/16 but "they forgot to notify me". Long story short they filed yesterday as concurrent under EB3 regular in Nebraska. Being new here, is there any thing i need to watch for? I don't trust my lawyers even when I had good relation with them, leave alone now that I have pissed them off with to many questions...

You know what dude. There is no use in blaming lawyers even after paying thousands of dollars, you are just another case to them and it does not matter what happens to you after they get their fee. In any case you have to look out for yourselves, check sites like www.immigration-law.com or forums like this one to see updates everyday to keep tabs on issues/rules/regulations/updates that can effect you. If you don't take interest in your own case no one else will.

-Still

Try to educate her that the "white thing" is only given when you are entering the USA after a travel outside the country; and that the renewal given when inside the country is the form you have with an extended I94.

If she still refuses, ask to talk to her manager. Tell her that they are refusing to recognize a document issued by the federal government.

It is really silly when the states implemented such checks without a complete knowledge of the entire process.

-Still

Hey Still,

I have my h renewal stuck in VSC too arnd the same time frame.. Keep me posted if you hear anything on it..

Is getting an International drivers permit an option?You might still need a valid licence from your home country.

Cheers
Over

AP in mail

I received an email “Document mailed to applicant” for my AP on 9th August but haven’t received it physically yet. How long does it usually take to receive at home? I am living in Los Angeles.

Thanks,
VS

Went for an Infopass today. The IO looked at my case and mentioned that its pending name check. on probing further, he mentioned that it will take anywhere from 3 to 6 months for the name check to clear. I join the ranks of others who are in the namecheck blackhole for a while now..

Went for an Infopass today. The IO looked at my case and mentioned that its pending name check. on probing further, he mentioned that it will take anywhere from 3 to 6 months for the name check to clear. I join the ranks of others who are in the namecheck blackhole for a while now..

Same situation here huizet. I hope it clears in 3 to 6 months. Even if it takes 6 months, I'm happy. If it drags on to a year or so, that's when life will start becoming hell.