Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Guys,

Just got the email for me and my wife. I am still shaking as I am typing.
Thanks to all of you guys for helping me out, especially to KS (You are the best). Thanks Still for the tracker and Radd who started the thread.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Wow ! That's really awesome Zeppelin ! That makes 2 recent ones - maybe you're next eh ks?

Guys,

Thanks to all of you guys for helping me out, especially to KS (You are the best). Thanks Still for the tracker and Radd who started the thread.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On August 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

This is great news. Congrats zeppelin and enjoy the freedom!

Guys,

Congrats on your approval.

Guys,

On Aug 13 USCIS said...Led Zeppelin in , Led Zeppelin in ...
Congrats dude.

Guys,

Wowie...Congrats Zep!!! You are out of this hole. Enjoy your freedom.
-hu

Guys,

Congratulations Zep...another approval in short time:D

Hey all
I am in a fix again:(
My Labor got approved today and my employer wants me to go ahead with the filing of 140/485
On the other hand my Attorney says that he wont be doing CC since the visa #s are available for me.
KS, Still any suggestions
1. Shall i just wait till Oct after which the Attorney wont have any option but to go ahead with CC since PDs would be pushed back
or
2.Shall i just go ahead with my filling now under EB2 India and request CC later once the dates are retrogressed.

Thanks Guys!!!

Thanks Vikram, Prez, Passscore, Gc_psRaj, GC_Likee (Yeah LedZep Rocks \m/), huizet, way2gc.
I will keep everyone posted with my card arrival et all.

Although I have been on this forum for not a very long time (10 months) I did recieve a lot of encouragement from you guys. I am going to stick around for everybodys approval and will attempt to check this page often.

Hey all
I am in a fix again:(
My Labor got approved today and my employer wants me to go ahead with the filing of 140/485
On the other hand my Attorney says that he wont be doing CC since the visa #s are available for me.
KS, Still any suggestions
1. Shall i just wait till Oct after which the Attorney wont have any option but to go ahead with CC since PDs would be pushed back
or
2.Shall i just go ahead with my filling now under EB2 India and request CC later once the dates are retrogressed.

way2gc,
This is ridiculous. The AOS is your application. I don't know why your lawyer is hesitant to simply have the form charge the country to your wife's country of nativity. If you cannot get another attorney, then your only recourse I am afraid is to go ahead with however it gets filed and then apply CC later on. I would suggest not to wait...but thats just me. This is just frustrating though.

Spouse approved after 2 weeks

:D Guys,
At last, my wife got her approval yesterday. The "Card production email" came around 10:00PM yesterday. Not sure if this means USCIS is working overtime. Well, this means the end of a long journey for both of us, we have been in this country for nearly 7 years. I have waited since 2002 for this to happen. Looking back the years gone by, this forum has been the only place I was able to get some comfort and encouragement during the long enduring wait. Whether it was the Labor backlog or retrogression, at every stage, this forum was very helpful in getting to know the real situation. Lots of members have done so much research and spent so much time to get all the information which they shared with every one in this forum. If not for this forum, I would have never known about CC. I want to Thank each one of you for every bit of information you shared. ks_cc, Thanks to you specially, hang in there, you should get approved soon.
:D

Cross-Chargeability (Wife wants divorce)

I would really appreciate if people can please respond to my question.

Here are the details of my case.

I applied concurrently for I-140 and I-485 in EB2. I am the primary beneficiary and wife is the derivative. Even though the dates were current, my lawyer filed my application using cross-chargeability (Wife born in UK). My wife went back to India and is seeking a divorce for some personal reasons. She does not want to come back.

what happens to my case? Can I continue to pursue my application?

Should I withdraw my I-485 application and file again?

Thanks in advance.

I applied concurrently for I-140 and I-485 in EB2. I am the primary beneficiary and wife is the derivative. Even though the dates were current, my lawyer filed my application using cross-chargeability (Wife born in UK). My wife went back to India and is seeking a divorce for some personal reasons. She does not want to come back.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cool
Sorry to hear about that!!
I am not a good at it yet like KS, Still, Dbins and other senior members but since you are the principal beneficiary and wife being derivative I dont think withdrawing 485 would be a good option to try. Instead all dates being current for EB2 I think your lawyer can still request for charging back the app to your nativity (Dont know if you have to submit any proof for seperation)

Thanks Vikram, Prez, Passscore, Gc_psRaj, GC_Likee (Yeah LedZep Rocks \m/), huizet, way2gc.
I will keep everyone posted with my card arrival et all.

Although I have been on this forum for not a very long time (10 months) I did recieve a lot of encouragement from you guys. I am going to stick around for everybodys approval and will attempt to check this page often.

Hey Zep,

we're all singing "The Immigrant Song" :D. Oh, and I also sing "Going to California" ;)

vik

:D Guys,
At last, my wife got her approval yesterday. The "Card production email" came around 10:00PM yesterday. Not sure if this means USCIS is working overtime. Well, this means the end of a long journey for both of us, we have been in this country for nearly 7 years. I have waited since 2002 for this to happen. Looking back the years gone by, this forum has been the only place I was able to get some comfort and encouragement during the long enduring wait. Whether it was the Labor backlog or retrogression, at every stage, this forum was very helpful in getting to know the real situation. Lots of members have done so much research and spent so much time to get all the information which they shared with every one in this forum. If not for this forum, I would have never known about CC. I want to Thank each one of you for every bit of information you shared. ks_cc, Thanks to you specially, hang in there, you should get approved soon.
:D

gc_psraj,
Thanks for your kind words!
You're COMPLETELY out of this now dude!!!! Very very happy for you. Definitely come back & visit though! Hopefully we'll all congregate again in five years in the citizenship threads! And that means all of us!

Thanks in advance.

coolhusker,
Ouch. Sorry dude. Divorce is never an easy thing to undergo I would think, and the AOS issues probably exacerbate matters. My 0.02 would be to refile using your country of chargeability. I'm not sure if you need to withdraw your petition or have it amended such that you are the sole beneficiary to the immigration benefit. You would need to withdraw the derivative application, which would automatically negate your CC AOS.
See, all things considered, the fine line you walk here is that if you keep status quo and get an RFE for a marriage certificate, if you haven't informed CIS of your divorce, you might still sneak on by. However, in the long term and grander scheme of things, this would constitute immigration fraud. You would be availing yourself of an immigrant visa based on CC, but the marriage may not exist when they grant you the benefit.
I know this is probably not an easy decision, especially given the bigger picture of divorce, but I'd suggest that you not leave room for any doubt, no gray areas, and always keep on the straight and narrow.
I'm wicked sorry for you dude. On the bright side, your country of chargeability might be current if you do apply under it???

Hey Zep,

we're all singing "The Immigrant Song" :D. Oh, and I also sing "Going to California" ;)

vik

I am sure you wont be singing the song for too long. I sincerely hope and wish that all the old filers get their GC's soon.

Congrats GC_PsRaj....