Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Time Line

Hi Kostyan,

Congrats on your Interview and i would like to know about your longtrips since i also have two long trips about 144 days each and i applied for N400 in Sep and finished my FP on Oct 8th and waiting for IL.

The only thing was i have these trips at the end of my five year period and i filed through Chicago DO.

Thanks
Anir
Chicago DO
Posted 5th Sep
RD 8th Sep
Check Cashed 15th Sep
FP Interview 8th Oct
ID ???
OD???

Hello Balyan,

I done my FP on Sep. 9 and still waiting for IL letter.My online case status say same as for additional ref(FP notice on sep.3).How i check about FBI was cleared my FP.When i went for FP at that time machine say's match 75 on both hand that's on Sep 9.when i went for FP.After FP done FP officer said that they will send to the USCIS.But i don't know that FBI was cleared my FP.How i check about FBI was cleared my FP.

please help me

thanks for your input.

Hi! Call up the FBI at the service center (304) 625-5590. They will only confirm that they received the USCIS request on finger printing and have sent back the results. Good luck!

My concern is why have they not worked on the case yet? That's the stressing portion. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
HOW I CHECK FBI Cleared FP

Dear Friends,

I done my FP on Sep. 9 and still waiting for IL letter.Today My online case status say same as per Sep.3 for additional ref(FP notice on sep.3).How i check about FBI was cleared my FP.When i went for FP at that time machine say's match 75 on both hand that's on Sep 9.when i went for FP.After FP done FP officer said that they will send to the USCIS.But i don't know that FBI was cleared my FP.How i check about FBI was cleared my FP.

Online status:Same as per FP notice

NBC*************

Request for Evidence

On September 3, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

please help me

thanks for your input.

So what's the question?
My trips were about a year ago, 3 months here between them.
Hi Kostyan,

Congrats on your Interview and i would like to know about your longtrips since i also have two long trips about 144 days each and i applied for N400 in Sep and finished my FP on Oct 8th and waiting for IL.

The only thing was i have these trips at the end of my five year period and i filed through Chicago DO.

yellow letter was received

Thanks God

10/30/09 yellow document CFR check list letter was received in mail:).

Asked me to bring yellow letter and DL or ID.But not recieved IL letter yet.

now I am waiting for IL letter.Any one know how many days will be for IL letter after yellow CFR letter.Any one have same filing date and received IL?

thanks

Thanks God

10/30/09 yellow document CFR check list letter was received in mail:).

Asked me to bring yellow letter and DL or ID.But not recieved IL letter yet.

now I am waiting for IL letter.Any one know how many days will be for IL letter after yellow CFR letter.Any one have same filing date and received IL?

thanks

Until you get your IL, you can follow this thread. We are all waiting for it too.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305099

How i check about FBI was cleared my FP.

FBI Status Check:
Liaison@Leo.Gov or 3046255590 or 3046252406

If you email them then include your application type (USCIS N-400), application number, your name, DOB and the date you got your fingerprints taken.

Please note that maybe ASC sent your request to FBI on the day you took your FP or a couple of weeks later.

Oath Completed

Hi fellow readers
I completed the final step in getting citizenship today. My oath Ceremony was administered at USCIS Chicago office today. A total of 143 applicants were granted citizenship today from 42 countries. The oath ceremony was simple. They showed a couple of videos and then asked everyone to repeat the oath. Later Citizenship certificates were given. The total process took close to 1.5 hrs including waiting time.
I wish good luck for all of you in the queue to be citizen

Hi fellow readers
I completed the final step in getting citizenship today. My oath Ceremony was administered at USCIS Chicago office today. A total of 143 applicants were granted citizenship today from 42 countries. The oath ceremony was simple. They showed a couple of videos and then asked everyone to repeat the oath. Later Citizenship certificates were given. The total process took close to 1.5 hrs including waiting time.
I wish good luck for all of you in the queue to be citizen

Yee for you!! So where is the party going to take place :rolleyes: anyway, I wish you and your family the very best from here forward.

Oath done

I took my Oath today. Oath was scheduled for 12pm, but was completed around 1:40. Wish they could be punctual. I had to take full day off from work, kinda of bad...Had to wait for a long while without food reminded me of the first time I got US visa :)
143 people took oath, ceremony was very short. Next step passport and OCI..
Good luck to all

I just had my interview done today.
The IO asked to see my wife's Divorce copy from her previous marriage, which i did not have. She gave me a letter stating i have passed the test and another form stating the decision is pending due to missing doc.
I will submit the document tomorrow, does any1 know how long does it take chicago DO to issue an oath letter in such a situation.

N-400 timeline for chicago

Hello Friends,

11.03.2009 : Status Chngd - sent for std intrv

How much time take for IL date after online status change for DO:chicago?

thanks for your helps.

Status changed to "sent for standard interview" today (11/3). I'm hoping I'll see the IL in my mailbox in a couple of days.

Hello Friends,

11.03.2009 : Status Chngd - sent for std intrv

How much time take for IL date after online status change for DO:chicago?

thanks for your helps.

You should receive the IL by mail anytime in the next one week. Coming to the ID, there seems to be a gap of 6 weeks (average) between IL & ID for Chicago DO. I think your ID should fall anywhere between 12/15/09 - 12/22/09.

A quick update, finally, got my IL (I-797) & N-659 today, scheduled for Dec 15th. 43 days wait for IL since I did my finger printing.

what is a citation? I had a speeding ticket which I had to appear in court for, but the ticket was dismissed and I didnt have to pay anything. I hired an attorney to get the ticket cleared, it was a speeding ticket. Does that count as a citation? I already answered "NO" under the "have you ever been arrested, detained, or cited by a law enforcement officer?" I have my interview coming up soon. I can still have the IO change it, but need to know if it is even worth mentioning. Please help????:(