Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hi Spider,

Based on the info you gave, I don't think you need a letter from SS. You were already 26 yo when you came here as student. I was much younger when I came here. I think you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Patrick,

Congrats on becoming a USCS. Did they ask you to present your driver's license and if so, why did they ask. Was it just for entry? Do you know?

Did you claim to be a US citizen to get a benefit that you would have otherwise been barred to?

I am not sure DMV tracks weather an applicant is a US Citizen or not, makes sense that they do track that. If they track that then the chances are high that the printout of your data will be sent to the IO.

I dont need any benefits. I just want to make sure that I did not tell them by accident. And if I did tell them mistakenly, then I am sure they do would do some sort of check to make sure what I am telling them is valid. What that be correct?

FP done

N-400 Timeline
----------------------
09/28/2009 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ
10/01/2009 : Priority Date
10/09/2009 : FP Notice received
10/22/2009 : FP done
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Letter & Check list received
xx/xx/20xx : Yellow Letter received
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Date
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Letter received
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Date

I think there was a small error in my wife's application. She forgot to give her maiden name in the "have you used any other names?" section. We were married before we came to the US and she has never used her maiden name ever in the US. Would that be a problem in processing or during interview?

All, Grace to the Lord that He answered my prayer that I passed the interview today.

The interview was scheduled at 10:05. I did not sleep well last night being nervious. I live in downtown so I walked in around 9:20. I was not called until 10:40 anyway. The lady was nice and professional. She asked me to swear first. Then we went over the application briefly. After that she asked me 6 questions and I got them right. She then asked me to write "the president lives in the white house." That was it. She then cograted me. The whole process took around 10 minutes.

I never got my interview letter. My case is very simple 5 year based. No travel outside, no tickets more than $500. I have two warnings and one speeding of $125. I did not release the info on my application and answered no for question "have you even been arrested?" in the interview. I only took last year tax return and IDs. In the inverview, she asked me for DL, green card and password.

It took me almost 40 minutes waiting outside again to get my oath letter. It is scheduled on next Monday.

I thank everyone in this forum for your encourage and kindness sharing and anwering all the questions. Learning on how pray also helped me in time of doubt and anxious.

Good luck and wish you all well!!

N-400 Time line for chicago

DO: Chicago

8/22/2009: N-400 mailed (5 yr. GC)
8/25/2009: Received by USCIS
8/25/2009: Priority Date
8/30/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
9/01/2009: Case Receipt received (mail)
9/7/2009: FP Notice Received
9/9/2009: walk in FP Done.
9/19/2009: FP Appt.
?/?/2009: Yellow CL Received
?/??/2009: Online Status Change
?/??/2009: IL Received
?/??/2009: ID

N-400 Time line for chicago

Hello Folks,

I was traveled outside US for 5 trip from last 5 years of my GC.I got my green card on November 2004.I was filed N-400 based on 5 years GC.I were traveled outside USA for 5 trips were as follows. Totals = 273 days outside of US from last 5 years.
From June 2009 for 73 Days (travel to India on vacation/leaves continue job for same employer)
From December 2008 for 69 Days (travel to India)
From July 2008 for 38 Days (travel to India on vacation/leaves continue job for same employer)
From December 2007 for 90 Days (travel to India on vacation/leaves continue job for same employer)
From March 2009 for 3 Days (travel to Canada)

Please advise me anybody pass from same problem and what are the potential questions for interview regarding continue residency? In interview IO will ask me what type of questions?
Thanks in advance
DO: Chicago

8/22/2009: N-400 mailed (5 yr. GC)
8/25/2009: Received by USCIS
8/25/2009: Priority Date
8/30/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
9/01/2009: Case Receipt received (mail)
9/7/2009: FP Notice Received
9/9/2009: walk in FP Done.
9/19/2009: FP Appt.
?/?/2009: Yellow CL Received
?/??/2009: Online Status Change
?/??/2009: IL Received
?/??/2009: ID

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you mean December 2008 ?
Your travel pattern wouldn't bring continuous residency into question. Relax, you should be fine.
What about me? I had 2 long trips.
One was almost 6 months (5 months and 25 days)
Another one was 5 months

Good chance to be asked about purpose of those trips?

Congratulations, OnTheSky!

All, Grace to the Lord that He answered my prayer that I passed the interview today.

The interview was scheduled at 10:05. I did not sleep well last night being nervious. I live in downtown so I walked in around 9:20. I was not called until 10:40 anyway. The lady was nice and professional. She asked me to swear first. Then we went over the application briefly. After that she asked me 6 questions and I got them right. She then asked me to write "the president lives in the white house." That was it. She then cograted me. The whole process took around 10 minutes.

I never got my interview letter. My case is very simple 5 year based. No travel outside, no tickets more than $500. I have two warnings and one speeding of $125. I did not release the info on my application and answered no for question "have you even been arrested?" in the interview. I only took last year tax return and IDs. In the inverview, she asked me for DL, green card and password.

It took me almost 40 minutes waiting outside again to get my oath letter. It is scheduled on next Monday.

I thank everyone in this forum for your encourage and kindness sharing and anwering all the questions. Learning on how pray also helped me in time of doubt and anxious.

Good luck and wish you all well!!

Congratulations, OnTheSky!

I finished my interview today along with my wife.
Interview Time: 10:05 for both of us.
We reached the office around 9:30 AM. Both of us got the tokens. Wife was interviewed first and she came out within 10 min. She was asked 6 civic questions, no other documentation was requested.
I got called around 10:30. The officer took oath and asked me 6 Civic questions.
She reviewed my file and found that i was with my current employer before i got my green card. I explained to her that i switched the companies before i got the green card.
She asked me if i notified INS about the switch. I replied back with Yes. Infact I did not send any written notification to INS about employment switch. I basically applied AC21 rule to switch employers. The officer went to her supervisor and came back and made me sign the application after verifying that name was correct. She said I passed the
interview and asked me to wait in the lobby so that I can get my oath letter if everything went fine.
Also my legal name was FIRST MIDDLE LAST. However when I applied for my green card I removed my middle name. This seemed not an issue. The only tense moments that I had was with the employer switch. But at the end everything went fine. I and my wife received oath letters for NOV 2nd.
USICS custmer service was good. They asked if we both were wife and husband and made sure that both of us had oath date on the same day.
With this I offically completed my immigration journey to US. Now a new journey will start for getting OCI.
Wish you all the best for the people who are waiting for thier turn

I am surprised she paid attention to your employer status at the time of GC. AC21 law makes it moot. Anyway, congrats. Enjoy your new status.

Congrats Kandi

Hi SriniKandi
Congrats! I have my interview in few days.Kindly help with these questions
. Did you drive. Where did you park? Was it easy to find parking
. I have 8am appt. So I need to take my 3 yr old. Did you take your kid(s)
.Which civics quest did they ask. Did ask abt governor name, senator name, rep name?

Re

Teacher
I drove and there is a parking space right across USCIS building. I think they have early bird pricing. I went there around 9:00 AM and parked . It is a valet parking so you don't need to worry about parking your car in those tight parking spots. I did not take my kid with me, but saw some people bring thier kids. There is a small play area for kids in the office. However I am not sure if they allow kids to the interview. I think one of you have to watch the kid while the other is attending the interview. The staff are friendly so you can mention that you have Kid and they will try to space the interviews. It took me around 1hr 30 min driving from Streawood. Make sure if you get something to eat and drink for you and your kid. There is nothing available in the building.
Parking space is on Clark Street. Take a right on congress parkwy if you coming from I-90 or I-290.
I was not asked to name the governor or any other elected official.
Good luck with your interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Help!

Hi,
Do you guys know about the oath ceremony schedules in November for Chicago Office? ?

I have heared that Chicago Office possibly do the swearing just once a week or once a half month. They do not offer same-day swearing as the approved interview like some other offices. Is it true?

My N-400 interview is set on 11/03/2009, and I really have to travel back abroad to join my hubby on 11/12/2009. (Totally 9 days for oath, new passport, and visa).

Re

Not sure if they are weekly or bi weekly. I was give Nov 2nd and was interviewed today. Looks like they are allocating oath dates after a week. So in your case you may not be able to apply for passport in time for your travel even with expidited approval of passport

Thanks a lot,

but does anyone here know about the exact oath schedules in November??
Please help! Thank you so much in advance!