Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

intezar_imtehan said:
I got an email back from consulate saying they've rescheduled my appointment to Jan11 and the appointment letter has been mailed
Intear_Imtehan,

Did you request the rescheduling or did they do it on their own? I am asking because your interview was scheduled on the 18 Jan - just like mine. And I am planning to leave the US only on the 9th. So would appreciate your input on this.

No, I specifically asked for it and had to send them many reminders before they changed it. I am leaving on 30 dec and wanted it sooner

intezar_imtehan said:
No, I specifically asked for it and had to send them many reminders before they changed it. I am leaving on 30 dec and wanted it sooner
Appreciate your quick input.

Intezar/Snm/Jeet &..,

Goodluck on your interviews, counting on you for the detailed experience. Wait till tomorrow to find out mine is in Jan or Feb.

SNM,

Did you book your tickets? If you don't mind, which airline or travel agent you going through pls?

FYI.. I called for an appt of Dr.Vijayalakshmi and they have asked me to book my tickets first and based on that they going to schedule the appt.

Jeet

jeet0404 said:
SNM,

Did you book your tickets? If you don't mind, which airline or travel agent you going through pls?

FYI.. I called for an appt of Dr.Vijayalakshmi and they have asked me to book my tickets first and based on that they going to schedule the appt.

Jeet
Jeet,

I am talking to a travel agent from Connecticut (www.kmtravels.com). Did you findout if Dr. Vijayalakshmi is NOT available on any days between the 10th and 15th since it happens to be holiday season at Chennai?

pad80 said:
good luck snm65 and all other folks whose interview dates have been confirmed . Is ther a chek list of all the documents we need to take from here i.e I-140 , labour , PCC , Tax return , Letter from HR ,.... ...... Do we need to take original I-140 , labour .... or photo copies from or lawyer . Can some bosy post all the required documents needed to be take from here before we leave .

Thanks
Paddy
pad80,

Look through the past postings in the forum you will get the list.

snm65 said:
Jeet,

I have only the date but don't have the time. Once the appointment list is published on the Chennai Consulate website I will be able to tell you. Thanks.
snm65,

I don't belive it is different times for people. In Mumbai e'body is asked to come by 8:15.

alren said:
snm65,

I don't belive it is different times for people. In Mumbai e'body is asked to come by 8:15.
Alren,

You are absolutely right - I just looked at the past appointments at Chennai - all Employment IV have 8:00 AM as the time.

SNM,

Dr.Vijayalakshmi is not available from 13th to 16th. Thats why am planning to leave either on 7th or 8th.

Jeet

Hi Pad80, Did you get any email from consulate regarding your interview dates? Like yours my case was also sent on 11/15/2004.

Hi KovaiGC,

I am also waiting for consulate to post on the wbe site , yes looks like yur case and my case has been forwarded the same date did u mail consulate and did u get any reply back

I sent an email couple of weeks back and received a reply saying appt will be feb. Not sure if they move up.

Jeet, SNM...

Do you guys think one day before if we go chennai, I mean 17th morning is that good enough to complete all medicals by evening and ready for Interview on 18th morning ???

Srigc

Srigc,

I don't think one day is sufficient at all.. based on what I heard was..usually Monday is very busy at lister. And also, what do we have to do incase if we have to go for any other vaccinations etc etc which requires a day of difference. I personally wouldn't do that :-(. I am leaving on 8th by kuwait airlines..looks like that is the best deal which we have before 9th.

Jeet

I am hoping for a Feb/Mar interview since my PD is April 2001 (EB3). My case reached the consulate on 11/29. Anyone else expecting an interview around that time ?

In the meantime, I am enjoying my 8th year extension of H-1B :eek:

SNM, Srigc

Just now I took my medicals appt with Dr.Vijayalakshmi on 10th evening at 5.30PM. She told me that it will take 15mins to go to her hospital from lister labs. She also told me that they have pongal holidays starting from 13th.

Thanks
Jeet

Jeet, Snm, Intezar

Jeet, SNM and Intezar,

Are you guys taking your 2004 W2 also ???

question 1, - Can we take filed tax papers also for 2004? even though i know that we cannot file electronically before Jan 31st 2005. But can we prepare and manually send to IRS before that date, so that atleast we can take tax return submitted papers to Chennai Interview

question 2, - By anychance any of you guys have Lister labs phone number??

question 3, - Jeet mentioned Dr. Vijaya Laxmi was going to be in Pongal holidays after 10th or 13th, do you know till what date??

question 4, - when my CP was being delayed(lost) at NVC and BCIS, i thought of applying for I-485 and took medicals here in US, Can i use those medicals???

Iam leaving here on 7th to Hyderabad, but planning to go chennai on 16th and do medicals on 17th and ready for interview on 18th morning, I cannot go early than 16th because of some other commitments

Thanks
SriGc

Srigc said:
Jeet, SNM and Intezar,

Are you guys taking your 2004 W2 also ???

question 1, - Can we take filed tax papers also for 2004? even though i know that we cannot file electronically before Jan 31st 2005. But can we prepare and manually send to IRS before that date, so that atleast we can take tax return submitted papers to Chennai Interview -

question 2, - By anychance any of you guys have Lister labs phone number??

question 3, - Jeet mentioned Dr. Vijaya Laxmi was going to be in Pongal holidays after 10th or 13th, do you know till what date??

question 4, - when my CP was being delayed(lost) at NVC and BCIS, i thought of applying for I-485 and took medicals here in US, Can i use those medicals???

Iam leaving here on 7th to Hyderabad, but planning to go chennai on 16th and do medicals on 17th and ready for interview on 18th morning, I cannot go early than 16th because of some other commitments

Thanks
SriGc

Question 1 : I don't think you can file the tax return before the end of the financial year. In any case you should take your previous years' tax returns and pay stubs for 6 previous months.

Question 2 : Lister METROPOLIS Laboratory & Research Center Pvt. Ltd.
No. 13 (Old No. 6) Jagannathan Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034
Tel: 28222561, 28222562 Fax: 2852-8242
Hours: 7:30 to 10:30 am, Mon - Sat; Reports pickup daily 4:30 to 5:30 pm

Question 3 : Dr. Vijayalakshmi is not available until Jan 16th.

Question 4 : You cannot use the medicals done here for CP at Chennai.