Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

snm65 said:
Seniors,

Do I have to carry a notarized Affidavit of Support in Form No: 134 for every family member along with a bank balance statement issued by the bank (And not a monthly statement)?

Notarized I-134 for every dependent - Yes.

Bank balance statement: Both are OK. You can either take an actual statement from the branch or the downloaded version from the net.

Raju

New Rules

Hi All

Thanks to snm65,skater and KovaiGC.

As far as CP is, it's taking almost 6 months after 140 approves ?...rite.

All the best my friends.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

snm65,

I belive U have to have notarized 134 for each dependent applying with you.

Bank statements are fine.

Clue_gc,

You can look at www.cptracker.com to get timeframes for diff stages in cp.

Good luck to you too.
clue_gc said:
Hi All

Thanks to snm65,skater and KovaiGC.

As far as CP is, it's taking almost 6 months after 140 approves ?...rite.

All the best my friends.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

Dear Appan,
sorry for the misprint.
can u please tell me how can u get pcc from uk.
thanks for the help

intezar_imtehan said:
Sada, That phone line is perhaps the worst thing..it just doesn't go anywhere. Yeah, you're right I'll try it anyhow or at least send them an email.
Just an update, my relatives received the appointment letter and it is set of Jan 11th. So I am relieved even though it doesn't appear on the website.

dgc2005 said:
Intezar,
You mean your case did not appear on the Web site and then you got the appointment letter ?
That is correct-the problem may have been because I got my date changed from Jan 18 to Jan 11.
I had got an email (in response to my query) from the consulate a week before the dates were published on the website.

To all,

I was advised by a friend who has been through the CP process to check with the consulate if they have included my spouse and kid in the process. Sometimes they miss the co- applicants and will have to wait for NVC confirmation. So please send an email to the consulate and confirm this.

I sent an email on sunday night and got the confirmation on monday morning.

SNM, Alern, Raju, et all..

I have these questions while filling up I-134, Affidavit of Suport for my wife.

1. I don't know what to choose when "If you are not a native born US Citizen, answer the following appropriate". To me it looks like a, b, c, & d are not appropriate. Is n't it?

2. For step10, does it mean, I have to mention about the H4 visa petition which I applied for my wife & also to this CP Process.??

3. Step 11, we can say I "Intend" to life long..right? I know it is diff if anyone has plans for divorce :eek:).

Can you guys pls let me know?

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

jeet0404 said:
SNM, Alern, Raju, et all..

I have these questions while filling up I-134, Affidavit of Suport for my wife.

1. I don't know what to choose when "If you are not a native born US Citizen, answer the following appropriate". To me it looks like a, b, c, & d are not appropriate. Is n't it?

{As you said above, none are applicable. Write -none- against each of those.
At the top (above line (a) ) write 'H1 B Visa Holder' if that is what you are}

2. For step10, does it mean, I have to mention about the H4 visa petition which I applied for my wife & also to this CP Process.??

{You have not submitted Visa petitions for anyone. It was your company
which petitioned for you and your wife for your H1/H4 and so is for your
GC. Just write -None- for this item}

3. Step 11, we can say I "Intend" to life long..right? I know it is diff if anyone has plans for divorce :eek:).

{You will need this item only if your wife intends to be here in US
temporarily. This item should not be applicable for your wife. Only needed
for temp. visitors. Read the item carefully}

Can you guys pls let me know?

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

{my responses}

Raju

Thanks for your info Raju.

This is what it has in Step11.

11. That I [ ] intend, [ ] do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of person named in item3. ( If you check intend "indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For ex, if you intend to furnish room & board, state for how long, if money, state the amount in united states dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lum sum, weekly or monthly or for how long).

But I have mentioned my wife's name in item3.

FYI.. Item3. That this affidavit is executed on behalf of the following person.

Am I missing something here pls?

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

jeet0404 said:
Thanks for your info Raju.

This is what it has in Step11.

11. That I [ ] intend, [ ] do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of person named in item3. ( If you check intend "indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For ex, if you intend to furnish room & board, state for how long, if money, state the amount in united states dollars and state whether it is to be given in a lum sum, weekly or monthly or for how long).

But I have mentioned my wife's name in item3.

FYI.. Item3. That this affidavit is executed on behalf of the following person.

Am I missing something here pls?

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

What does it say at the top of what you have written?

In the form I have with me it says as follows:

11. (Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in
United States temporarily)

That I [ ] do intend [ ] do not intend..........

Raju.