Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

Raju,

The form which I have does not mention anything about this.... "11. (Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in United States temporarily)"

Jeet

jeet0404 said:
Raju,

The form which I have does not mention anything about this.... "11. (Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in United States temporarily)"

Jeet

If that is the case, then check the box for 'do intend' and then say
"food, lodging and all expenses related to the stay in US on a pernament
basis".

Raju

I-134 Bullet Number 8 question

For Bullet 8 it states:

That the following person are dependent on me for support, do i need to include childern who are US citizen and hence not part of the immigration process.

thanks,

gc

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_come_to_papa said:
For Bullet 8 it states:

That the following person are dependent on me for support, do i need to include childern who are US citizen and hence not part of the immigration process.

thanks,

gc

Even though your US born children are not part of the Immigration process
THEY ARE dependent on you for financial support. So, they should me
mentioned here.

Raju

intezar_imtehan said:
The new DS 230 form is available online (format is the same just the date is changed)
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/7988.pdf
What should I fill under the petitioner column for my wife? Right now I just put my company name and put my name in parentheses.
I ignored the column.

(Just put dash in it or N/A). Although there is another school of thought to put yours and your petitioners name.

Or, you can try - Dependent of XXX, benificiary of the Immigrant Visa petetioned by -Co. name-

Feb/Mar interviews ?

Is anyone expecting a Feb/Mar interview ?
My case went to the consulate at the end of Nov.'04 and PD is April 2001.
I was thinking of sending an email query in early Jan. Would that be too early ?
Has anyone else already enquired about their case recently ?

Hi Skater,

My case was sent on mid nov 2004 but did not get Jan interview, I guess they schedule appointments for feb after the visa bulletin is released which will not be until 10th of Jan. If you want to confirm if it will be scheduled in feb you can send an email, however if you r looking for dates then you may have to wait till 10th Jan.

Good luck.

skater said:
Is anyone expecting a Feb/Mar interview ?
My case went to the consulate at the end of Nov.'04 and PD is April 2001.
I was thinking of sending an email query in early Jan. Would that be too early ?
Has anyone else already enquired about their case recently ?

Affidavit of support in BC

Hi Alern, Raju, et all..

We (me & my wife) didn't take birth certs when we born..recently (three years back) we took our BC's...on my wife's certificate there are two stamps... One is totally in telugu language...the other one has both english & telugu (ie."Signature of Authority" showing in english...where as "Registrar" is showing in telugu). Except those two stamps, the whole certificate is in english only. Do we have to take "Affidavit of support for her BC pls?. I am not sure whether thats the purpose of Affidavit of support for BC or not.

Can someone pls give me your expert advise?

Jeet

administrative holds etc. ?

I have read of some cases where the interview at the consulate goes through like a breeze but people get stuck in FBI name checks and other administrative holds.
Does anyone have information on the how/why/whats for such situations ?
What typically triggers these ? I realize that having a name like O.b.L. might trigger a big, huge, red flag on some DoJ computer but what are the other reasons ?

I am on a futile exercise of trying to figure out if there is a method to this madness that we are all going through.

jeet0404 said:
Hi Alern, Raju, et all..

We (me & my wife) didn't take birth certs when we born..recently (three years back) we took our BC's...on my wife's certificate there are two stamps... One is totally in telugu language...the other one has both english & telugu (ie."Signature of Authority" showing in english...where as "Registrar" is showing in telugu). Except those two stamps, the whole certificate is in english only. Do we have to take "Affidavit of support for her BC pls?. I am not sure whether thats the purpose of Affidavit of support for BC or not.

Can someone pls give me your expert advise?

Jeet

From the way you explained your BCs would work. If you want to be extra
careful then carry an affidavit each as backup.

Affidavit of support is normally taken in cases where there is no birth certificate.

Raju

Hi Raju, Alern , et all..

I have read it some where in this portal long back that Walmart/Kids'r'us have transparent folder to carry our documents during interview. Does any of you know where exactly we can find those folders pls? I was told that we shouldn't carry a folder which has any metal on it..

Also, I am still waiting for my P4 as well as SNM. Is there an alternative way where we can get our P4 pls..If so what is the procedure pls?

Thanks in advance
Jeet

jeet0404 said:
Hi Raju, Alern , et all..

I have read it some where in this portal long back that Walmart/Kids'r'us have transparent folder to carry our documents during interview. Does any of you know where exactly we can find those folders pls? I was told that we shouldn't carry a folder which has any metal on it..

Also, I am still waiting for my P4 as well as SNM. Is there an alternative way where we can get our P4 pls..If so what is the procedure pls?

Thanks in advance
Jeet

These folders are pretty useful, even beyond the interview. Some are closed by a velcro strip and others by a rubber band. You can try the places suggested by alren, and you may find them at local groceries, drug stores or Wal-Mart.

You can obtain a duplicate Appointment letter by sending your rep. to
the consulate.

Raju