Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

jeet,

Agree with Raju, staples, paper clips etc. are fine.

But for once (when I was rejected) I've always gone to the consulate with jeans and t-shirt.

Hi Intezar, I guess u r having the interview next week, Good luck. Post the details once it is done.

Feb Interviews

Did anybody get confirmation from Chennai consulate reg Feb appointments? Should we wait till visa bulletin is published to send query to the consulate regarding feb appointments?

Wow! You beat me to asking the same question!
I was thinking of waiting till end of the week before sending a query to the Chennai consulate.

BTW, is anyone in the bay area waiting to hear from the consulate ?

Last edited by a moderator:
kovaiGC said:
Did anybody get confirmation from Chennai consulate reg Feb appointments? Should we wait till visa bulletin is published to send query to the consulate regarding feb appointments?

I think i will wait till next week anyways next week i guess the dates will be posted at chennai consulate

Hi KovaiGC,

I find it pretty interesting & curious that you (and one more person - i cant remember the name) ask the same qn to anyone who has completed their cp interviews - ie whats the doc list?How much can the doc list (required) change from person to person? :confused:

This is a great site and alren has already created a common thread for important things, one of which is the docs list.

Thanks,
dilbert

dilbert, Though the standard list of docs requested is pretty much same for all, there is a possibility of additional/supporting docs requirement. Just curious ;)

So.., I guess u r confusion cleared. :) . By the way howz post GC life.

dilbert30 said:
Hi KovaiGC,

I find it pretty interesting & curious that you (and one more person - i cant remember the name) ask the same qn to anyone who has completed their cp interviews - ie whats the doc list?How much can the doc list (required) change from person to person? :confused:

This is a great site and alren has already created a common thread for important things, one of which is the docs list.

Thanks,
dilbert

kovaiGC said:
If it was Mumbai, I would have already called them by now.

Ghat72 said:
I sent ChennaiIV a mail on the 7th and no reply so far.

Ghat72
Ghat72, I guess they will schedule only after the visa bulletin is released, if you send an email after that they should be able to let u know.

Same for Mumbai i guess

kovaiGC said:
Ghat72, I guess they will schedule only after the visa bulletin is released, if you send an email after that they should be able to let u know.

Ghat 72, i am waiting for interview date for mumbai, i called them on 7th jan, they said dates are not out, i guess they are also waiting for visa bulletin before they can assign dates..will email them once bulletin is out

thanks,

gc

last 3 visa bulletin details

skater said:
When does the visa bulletin normally come out ? I thought it's usually available by the 10th.

Jan 2005 Visa Bulletin was published on Dec 8th, 2004
Dec 2004: Visa Bulletin was published on Nov 8th, 2004
Nov 2004: Visa Bulletin was published on Oct 8th, 2004

It should come anytime now

thanks,
gc

Ready for Chennai IV interview.

Folks,
I have my Interview scheduled for Jan 18 - 9.00 am. Got my medicals & physical check done by Dr.V today. Pretty routine stuff.

Before I left from the US, I checked the status of the IV fees (335$) paid to the NVC by calling my bank. They told me that it still hadn't cleared..but was pretty weird considering it was sent to them in August 2004 & i was told they send the packet 3 ONLY upon receipt of the fees. Can someone give me an expert opinion on this one real quick ?

Anyways, Im carrying a DD for 335$ in Indian Rupees, just to cover my bases. I see a lot of people here in the forum with Jan 18 interview date. See you all there & stay cool. :cool:

-DinZ

dinz10 said:
Folks,
I have my Interview scheduled for Jan 18 - 9.00 am. Got my medicals & physical check done by Dr.V today. Pretty routine stuff.

Before I left from the US, I checked the status of the IV fees (335$) paid to the NVC by calling my bank. They told me that it still hadn't cleared..but was pretty weird considering it was sent to them in August 2004 & i was told they send the packet 3 ONLY upon receipt of the fees. Can someone give me an expert opinion on this one real quick ?

Anyways, Im carrying a DD for 335$ in Indian Rupees, just to cover my bases. I see a lot of people here in the forum with Jan 18 interview date. See you all there & stay cool. :cool:

-DinZ

Dinz10, I was also under the impression that P3 is sent after the fee is cleared
:confused: .

It is good you made arrangements just in case. Good luck on your interview. Looking forward to hear your successful interview.

Ghat72 said:
Guys,

I got reply from ChennaiIV that my interview is on Feb 22nd. :cool:

Ghat72.

Ghat72, If they follow the same pattern as Jan then it should be same for all Employment categories.

kovaiGC said:
Ghat72, If they follow the same pattern as Jan then it should be same for all Employment categories.

Yup... Thats my guess too. All Employment catgories should be on the 22nd... The wait is not too long to confirm that I guess..

hey, this is great news that the Chennai consulate has already started to schedule interviews.
Ghat72's date is right after President's day (21st).
Do you guys think all the medical stuff can be done on 21st if you land there on that weekend ?

My case was sent on 11/29/04 - keeping fingers crossed for a Feb interview.
Does it mean that they didn't wait for the visa bulletin ?

skater said:
hey, this is great news that the Chennai consulate has already started to schedule interviews.
Ghat72's date is right after President's day (21st).
Do you guys think all the medical stuff can be done on 21st if you land there on that weekend ?

My case was sent on 11/29/04 - keeping fingers crossed for a Feb interview.
Does it mean that they didn't wait for the visa bulletin ?

Skater, I guess there would not be any changes in visa bulletin and might have started scheduling appts. They advice you to do Medicals 3 days in advance my suggestion would be either Thursday or Friday.