Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

jeet0404 said:
sada, does the letter which you got from your lawyer showing this as well ?? ie... "Please do not phone the Embassy/Consulate where your case will be processed. You will be contacted when your priority date has been reached and a number is available. To check on your priority date, please use our automated service at 202-663-1541 or http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html."
Jeet
My lazy lawyer just sent a copy of the letter and it is exactly like what you've written but I've got email response back from consulate that case was received and interview is likely in January.

intezar,
my letter does not show that verbatim and i called NVC and talked to the operator about the visa numbers.
she said at the Nvc they only check for the document completeness and also if all the info is filled right and then they send it to chennai
so im guessing the numbers will be requested from chennai, which is certainly not in my favor , countdown for december begins.
:(

/S

Alren any thoughts

Alren
any info on how the PD is going to affect/work with the January interview scheduling

/S

SNM65 - did u get letter from NVC?.

snm65 said:
Thanks Alren,

What I meant to say was July 2001.
SNM,

Did you receive a letter from NVC asking you not to contact Consulate?.

Cheers,
Ghat.

Ghat72 said:
SNM,

Did you receive a letter from NVC asking you not to contact Consulate?.

Cheers,
Ghat.
Ghat,

No I did not get the letter - don't know and don't want to know ( :) if my lawyer received the letter

Not To Contact Consulate ??

Ghat72

I did recieve the Case forwarding notification of my case to Consulate and it does mention not to contact Directly to Consulate. Guess its a format of the letter.
Also they mention that once your PD becomes current , the consulate would appoint day of your appointment.

Hope this happens before the Retrogression of PD ....

Thanks

Bhasu said:
Ghat72

I did recieve the Case forwarding notification of my case to Consulate and it does mention not to contact Directly to Consulate. Guess its a format of the letter.
Also they mention that once your PD becomes current , the consulate would appoint day of your appointment.

Hope this happens before the Retrogression of PD ....

Thanks

All the cp guys who attended the consulate got the same letter from nvc?

appan said:
All the cp guys who attended the consulate got the same letter from nvc?

Appan ,

This letter was forwarded to my lawyer who forwarded to me. Guess its pretty Standard. May be they added this only at this stage of PD Retrogression as this line abt "not to contact the Consulate.... " is in Bold Type.

Hope this helps
Thanks

kovaiGC said:
Got reply from consulate saying my interview will likely be in Feb 2005.

kovaiGC, did you checked over the phone Or Via email. When you are hoping to get your actual Interview date ?
Appreciate your response.
Thanks.

Bhasu,

I sent an email to consulate and got a quick reply saying that appointment will likely be in Feb 2005.

Thanks..

Thanks KovaiGC,
Mine case was forwarded on 19th Nov to NWD... Hopefully interview would be scheduled in Feb too.

Anyone expecting to know their January dates

Hello all,
i know the anxious wait keeps extending.
Will it be possible to know January interview dates by atleast friday of this week.
Alren and seniors can you comment if we can ping chennai consulate on Dec 3rd for the dates ?

/S

all,
Will it be possible to know January interview dates by atleast friday of this week or early part of next week.

Alren and seniors can you comment if we can ping chennai consulate on Dec 3rd for the dates via email or should we wait for the website update.

/S

r_sada said:
all,
Will it be possible to know January interview dates by atleast friday of this week or early part of next week.

Alren and seniors can you comment if we can ping chennai consulate on Dec 3rd for the dates via email or should we wait for the website update.

/S

There is no harm in asking for this information by the 3rd Dec. , however
they may not be ready to share the information till 7th or 8th.

You don't have to wait till the website update, which is going to be around
15th of the month.

Raju