Chennai Feb Interview Thread!

cprocks

You have various options, which have been covered in some other threads. Just do a search.

Basically, if your marriage is after your interview (but before returning here), send in your spouse\'s pkt 3 (basically just the DS230 pt 1), copy of your marriage certificate, copy of your GC approval and copy of her passport (optional, I think). The consulate will schedule a separate interview for her. Process for that is pretty much same as any other CP case.

All the best for your CP and married life.

anyone with feb date confirmed?

I just saw in a thread on Feb interviews in mumbai that their interview dates for feb are out. (not on the web I presume but over the phone). Anyone in the same boat with chennai? I called the consulate yesterday and they told me that some feb interview appointments have been scheduled but they didnt know about my case. They gave me the standard response : call after 15 days.

me too in the same boat!

Hi GC_Thollai

You named perfectly.

I sent my pkt-3 on dec 5. And received response from them on dec 13.

Chintu

I did my Immigration Physicals in the US a couple of months ago as I was panning to do AOS. But now I am doing a CP and expecting a Feb/Mar interview . Can I use the same sealed medical reports for my CP.

If u guys have any idea abt this , pl help.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
C

You have to go for the tests again in India - From previous postings

AlThough you can use the pervious records to avoid vaccinations from doctor in India. According to the Cp process you have to go to the consulate approved labs + doctor and have to get it done.

Email from Madras about PCC.

Now, I am even more confused. I thought that a PCC from the local Indian Embassy will do for folks who live in the US, but Madras is saying something else. Any thoughts? Has anyone called Madras to confirm if we need a local PCC from the police station as well?
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 12:56 AM

Yes, you should obtain from India.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 9:49 AM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: RE: Case: MDR2001xxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

-- Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months
previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the
district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence.

I am not clear on whether the above is applicable for cases where the
applicant i.e. myself, has resided in the United States for the last 6
years, or is this for people residing in India. Can you let me know?

Thanks,

CP Question

Does anyone know if one can switch employers after entering US and a successful CP. or Does a person still have to wait for atleast 6 months like in AOS.

Technically people say once your FP is done, your employer is out of the green-card process and they cannot revoke your 140/GC. For CP finger-prints are done at port of entry if I am not wrong.

Please clarify/confirm

Thanx in advance

Either the person misunderstood or is just plain stupid

They did not answer your specific question, i.e., is that clause applicable to people who are currently residing in US. I wouldn\'t go by what was said.

The statement is pretty clear "the district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence". If your place of residence is US, then the local police station is here. It doesn;t make sense to get it from the US gov, which they do anyways. What they need is clearance from the Indian authorities for your stay in India. The PCC issued by the consulate states exactly that, and since you have not been residing in India, you don;t need any additional PCCs. Further, the next clause specifically says that for NRIs, get PCC from Indian embassy.

So I would say get it from consulate here and relax. The customer unit will figure it out eventually :)

For more answers use search option- But this is what I gathered ..

You can techincally change jobs as well the employer technically and if willing can proceed against you. See.. two faces of the coin. My suggestion is if you want to quit, quit without making any big scene with some stupid reasons presuming that employer won\'t come after you. Many have changed jobs and very very few employers went after the employees (just 1%)..your luck.

kew.... I think the "6 month" still applies

The fact is there is no specified period as such. What we are talking about is the case that someone (maybe employer) files a case with INS saying that you misused the "employment based" immigration because you had no intention of working for the company (if you leave immediately) and therefore it should be canceled, whether it is CP or AOS. If it comes to that, what you would have to prove is that at the time of getting your GC you had every intention of working for the sponsor, but had to leave because of abc reason. The 6 months is just a guideline as a reasonable period to show that you did intend to work for that company. It doesnot mean the employer cannot challenge after 6 months. But likelyhood of them making anything out of it is minimal. Look at it this way. Your company is sponsoring your GC saying they want to employ you "once you get the gc". It is for "future" employment. And you are agreeing to the same by going through the process - CP or AOS. So, if you have have no intention of working for the company, then the grounds of that petition is false. Ofcourse, all these are are just technicalities, and reality may be very different.

I think these Chennai Desi staff are absolutely worthless people! EOM

They dont read what you say in the email, i had similar experiences
on the phone also.

Are Chennai dates out?

I had asked my brother in india to follow up for the interview, no luck yet.
Besides Dandelion, did any one else try to contact the chennai consulate?
Looks like the Mumbai and Delhi dates are out for quite some time.
Maybe, they are precautious after what happened for Jan!

Well they replied to e-mails but as you can see "person in front of the computer" has no c

It is only guaranteed 100% if you can see appt date on their web site, responses to e-mails cannot be trusted.However they can elevate the hopes and can kick off preperations.

I will plan to send e-mail may be tomorrow or late evening, probably would take 1 or 2 days for them to respond.If recieved feb interview in e-mail, I will then kick off setting all the docs, phone numbers for flight/hotel,money etc., but will not commit until I see the date on their website.