Chennai Feb Interview Thread!

I requested Jan. first week. I got 1/25.

I heard few cases who got Interviews as requested because of Wife\'s Pregnencies, Relatives emergencies. So, Unless there is very solid reason, They won\'t give you requested date. No harm in trying.

confirmation

finally i made it. got a reply thru e-mail from consulate that they received my pkt3. hoping for a feb interview.

New CP

Guys,
I just got my I140 approved and my lawyer chose CP during filing I140.Is there any way i can opt for AC140 by filing and geting the receipt of I824 ??

Thanks in advance.

ChennaiAnu, do you know when NVC forwarded your Original Petition to Chennai?

Please let me know. Looks like our dates match but Chennai says they have incomplete information ..

What is the next step after I-130

My parents\' I-130 got approved in Vermont. They are in Hyderabad. Can anybody explain what is the next step? Also do they have to complete the I-485 form available on the ins web site? what are the other forms that are required? Thanking in advance.

chiruvov, They cannot do AOS(485) if they are out of US.

First of all you posted in the wrong forum.
Any way, they can only do Consular Processing if they are outside of US.

IncyWincy

Don\'t worry.
NVC mailed pkt3 to lawyer and consulate : Nov 19
Lawyer mailed the pkt3 to chennai : Nov 29
Fed ex tracking information : Dec 4

Since then I have been sending e-mails to the consulate. Once happened to talk to the Customer Service lady over the phone. She said the same thing to me that they have my pkt3 but with incomplete information.

What I assume by this is unless and until the physical file mailed by NVC to consulate reaches them, consulate will not confirm that they have our pkt3 information in full. But when once they say that the pkt3 information availbale then take it for granted that our case has been entered into the system.

My case created on 12/24.

Hope this helps you to keep up your hopes. All the best to all of us.

No Title

What ChennaiAnu says may not be true always.
I think not sure about this. I got an email
from Chennai saying that P3 received on 11/29
and interview likely in Feb.
And on 12/26 to my email they say it might be March,
when i mentioned in my email about the file physically reaching
Chennai.
But i am not sure what exactly is happening. I am just
waiting for things to get clearer due to the holidays now.

PCC

I\'ve worked only in India and U.S. But my husband has worked in Singapoe. Does he require a police certificate from Singapore?

QA: Yes for both of you if interview is after Jan 31

PCC for India is required from Jan 31 onwards. S\'pore depends on how long he stayed there (needed if over 6 months).

Can I get a FEB interview

Friends I have mailed my Packet 3 on Dec 4th and FEDEX delivered on Dec 8 th to Chennai. I just got a email confirmation on Jan 2nd that they have received my packet 3.

Can I expect a FEB interview. Is there anybody else with similar dates so that we can keep track of each other.

Is anybody planning for Chennai CP & Marriage in same trip?

I am in the same situation. I want to if anybody else is in
same situation.

According to some discussions here, it is OK to get married
before entering US after the interview. The spouse has to send P3
to consulate and wait for interview date.

If any of us know more about this, please share the details
and help.

Same dates for me too

svreddi,

My FedEx dates are exactly the same. I am yet to get any confirmation from the consulate. I have asked someone in Chennai to call them yesterday. Waiting for it.

Keep in touch.