Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Thanks for quick reply. I had everything when I traveled last summer. Obviously I misplaced them. I don't mind the application get delayed at this point. What I worried is they may deny my application because of this. I hope they can just can reschedual my interview until I can get replacement for my passport and GC. I don't want to start all over again and go through this long waiting period. I sent my N400 in July of 2007.

As my journey started while Charlotte was still my DO, I thought I'd update my status here, too:

I took my oath in the Durham DO on 11/17 and became a US Citizen (look for details in Raleigh/Durham thread).

Thanks everyone for their advise and help. :)

Missed interview in Charlotte

A friend of mine was waiting for her citizenship interview letter. In the meantime, her husband was transfered to Europe. When they finallly got the letter, the interview date already passed.

Question -- what should she do now to get another interview date? Would it help to schedule an infopass appointment but she cannot go as she is overseas so she asked if I could go for her and explain the situation and get a new interview date.

Will that work? Do I need any documents to confirm I represent her?

Thank you

Natasha

So she's now living overseas with her husband? She should write a letter to USCIS indicating that she received the interview letter after the scheduled interview.
If she's living overseas with her husband does she realize she's potentially breaking her continuous residency requirement?

Hi all
Just an update!
Don't know if you remember , had my interview in Charlotte over a month ago now. They requested the wrong docs/info to bring along. So was successful but pending till I sent the correct stuff in. Which I did the same day registered mail etc.
Still not heard anything about an Osth ceremony. Wrote to the officer who interviewed me but she has not contacted me back. Just a 30 second phone to let me know is I guess to much to ask for.
So anyone have any other suggestions? or do I just sit & wait & wait !
All the best
Kas

My interview is coming up on Monday at the Charlotte DO. Has anyone had an interview there recently?

Just wanted to find out if there are any chances of same day oath taking. IMy husband and son would like to be present when I take oath but they won't be able to come to my interview on Monday.

Had my interview at the Charlotte DO today. Spent a total of 2 hours at the USCIS office, most of it waiting time. The actual interview, conducted by IO Teresh Chenko, was very quick (10-15 mins). She was very efficient and professional.

Was asked to write the sentence: "They are a very happy family". I was also asked to read a short paragraph of about 4-5 short sentences. Civics questions asked were:

a) What colors are the stars on the flag?
b) Name one benefit of being a citizen of the United States.
c) Who is the President of the United States today?
d) Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence?
e) Who becomes President if the both the President and Vice President die?
f) Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?

My oath date is January 5, 2009.

Any 4th Quater filers in the Charlotte area?

I filed my case in October... Any other 4th quarter filers in Charlotte DO?

I'm getting ready to go to our Oath taking ceremony in Charlotte tomorrow morning. Hubby asked if we will be allowed to bring in a video camera. I think I've read somewhere that still cameras are allowed but I can't remember if video cameras will be ok too.

Does anyone know or have read about it being ok to bring video and still cameras?

-Xenia

We're done! My son and I are now officially US citizens!

Good luck to all those whose cases are still pending or are waiting on their oath letters!

Biometrics Timeline

Hi All,

I have recently sent my N-400 to TSC, on Jan 15, 2009 and got the NOA. I am waiting for the Fingerprinting appointment letter.

Has anyone applied during this timeframe got their FP letter yet ?
I see from some of the previous posts that it is possible to get this letter as quickly as 2 weeks. I was wondering if it is still true.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------
TSC-Charlotte DO
01/15/09 - N-400 PD
01/21/09 - Received NOA
Waiting for FP

IRS Tax Transcripts for N-400 Interview

Hi,

I recently came across the following links regarding getting the IRS Tax transcripts for the past 5 years before going to the N-400 interview.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ad.php?t=93928
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ad.php?t=71335

I have not received the interview letter yet.

Just trying to see if anyone who had interview in Charlotte was asked about the IRS Tax Transcripts..

Thanks.

-----------------------------
TSC-Charlotte DO
01/15/09 - N-400 PD
01/21/09 - Received NOA
02/06/09 - Received FP
02/13/09 - Fingerprinted
Waiting for Interview Letter