Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

I haven't seen anyone from Charlotte who applied after July 20th get their IL yet, besides military based applications.

They returned your packet because you applied to wrong service center maybe? I mean you should have applied to TSC. Only military applicants send their file to NSC

They returned it stating that I need to pay the fee.

What I do not understand is why the letter is from the TSC not NSC. Tomorrow I will call and find out what went wrong. I do believe that in section 2 of the N400 I put something wrong. So I hope that would rectify the problem... The drone I spoke to on the phone directed me to check other and that I served honorably in the armed forces during a period of hostilities. I think that’s what wrong.

I wonder though if I have to start over or do I send the stamped dated N400 back and start from when I initially sent it.

Hey dont stress over it. Just call them tomorrow and let them walk you thru the application. They are the nicest and most helpful people i have ever encountered over the phone.

WOW... and the bad luck begins. Absolutely nothing was wrong with my packet. New contractors in the NSC mail room sent it to TSC. TSC then in turn sent it back to me. Now I have to do it all over again.

The things one goes through not to pay a fee.

U can file a case on them.
We all waiting here with lot of expectations & updates with anxioty..
See, those guys just pushed or throw ur packet to wrong destination with more than careless..That is the way people work there..who cares ur & my appl..they just throw here & there & finally we get inteerview call at some point..

I called USCIS today and the customer service could not locate my file with the receipt number so he connected me to an IO. IO said my interview has been scheduled for April 23rd.
FINALLY, THE WAIT IS OVER! THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING AND GIVING SUPPORT! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
PD: April 5th, 2007
FP: May 9th, 2007
Interview scheduled: April 23, 2008 at 8:30 am in Charlotte-

Congratulations berrinaksavrin, the wait is almost over for you. Maybe you'll even get the oath done in Raleigh.

I received my interview letter in the mail yesterday. So here is my info:
PD: April 5, 07
FP: May 9, 07
IL: March 15, 08
Interview shceduled: April 23, 08 Charlotte

Looks like still dates r not updated yet on site..
we may get them there by last week like before..
Anybody know other update on this?

Thanx..

Address change

hi

We had our FP done on 2/27 and now we are waiting on our interview date. We are moving to another place

So any idea which form to use for the address change , so that we dont miss out on the interview letter.

Tax Transcript Question?

My husband and I have applied for Citizenship together and I was wondering what is everyone doing for the transcripts.

Are you asking for 2 copies or just one is fine, I was wondering if we have the interview on the same date and time, then how do we work with the transcripts and also if I get one copy , can i photocopy that and use it as a second set

Please help

My husband and I have applied for Citizenship together and I was wondering what is everyone doing for the transcripts.

Are you asking for 2 copies or just one is fine, I was wondering if we have the interview on the same date and time, then how do we work with the transcripts and also if I get one copy , can i photocopy that and use it as a second set

Please help

A photocopy would be fine.

I just got off the phone with USCIS...I have to tell you I got a strange IO today. First he told me not to go by the priority date (7/27) written on my receipt notice, but rather to go by the date when I received the notice (12/3) and in that regard my case is therefore very new. Then,he was trying to tell me that the 120 day adjudication after interview rule doesn't apply to N-400s after we got into a discussion about name check delays and that he's seen cases pending for several years after the interview or initial FP. I ended up reading him rule 1447(b) regarding the right to seek legal action if the government fails to make a decision within 120 days of the naturalization interview. I then realized that he was confused with the 180 day rule in the Feb 4 USCIS memo regarding name checks for I-485 and N-600. He never could give me a straight answer on the status of my application. In the end , he told me to wait another 30 days to check on my case again.

Moral of my story: it's kinda scary to think that you end up knowing more than the IOs themselves by reading forums like this.

I have lived in 6 states over the last 7 years. I have only been detained when I was a teen in NY.
So do I have to get a record check done in every state I lived in? Or just the disposition?
And since the record is sealed do I have to show proof of that?

I have lived in 6 states over the last 7 years. I have only been detained when I was a teen in NY.
So do I have to get a record check done in every state I lived in? Or just the disposition?
And since the record is sealed do I have to show proof of that?

I have somewhat of a similar issue. In April 1997 (senior year of high school), I went to meet a friend who attended a different school. I was waiting on the sidewalk outside of his school, when I was approached by 2 police officers. They brought me inside the building, searched my pockets and my bag, and grilled me for an hour or so about what I was doing there. After trying to accuse me of various nonsense, they let me go with a desk appearance ticket for trespassing. When I appeared in court for the ticket, the judge gave me an ACD (adjudication in contemplation of dismissal), meaning that this ticket would be expunged from my record if I don't get in trouble for 6 months. While I was gathering documents that I plan on bringing to the interview, I remembered about this ticket. I went to the courthouse to obtain a record. They had no record of any kind. The clerk even tried putting in different permutations of my name, and nothing came up. He suggested that I go to the criminal records bureau and obtain a copy of my record. I followed his suggestion and paid $52 to get a copy of my record. The record was crystal-clear. I also filed a FOIPA with the FBI, which came back with "NO RECORDS".

I've never been arrested or fingerprinted, and the desk appearance ticket doesn't show up on my record. I'm pondering whether to report it at all. I don't want to open a can of worms where the IO will demand a record that cannot be obtained. Also, this is WAY outside of the good moral conduct window.