Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

very young kids

hi

Thanks for your reply but my kids are 3 years and 14 months, so I wont be able to leave them in the waiting area.

So I was wondering if they can be taken in the room with us during interview and are these interview verbal or written like objective in Driver's license test.

Any help is appreciated.

hey congrats

hey gatedgal

congrats on receiving your interview letter, that was very fast.

As per your timeline signature, you started the process in the month of january and you got your interview letter too.

cool, write your experience and where in charlotte do you have your interview, is it where we go for fingerprinting, on chastain avenue

No it says 6130 Tyvola Center Drive, Charlotte. I booked a hotel nearby. I will keep you all posted for sure. My interview is around noon so i am not sure i will be able to attend to Oath ceremony same day. We will see. Its just too far to drive!

Friends,

I got a simple doubt again about copies of my tax return.
I have all of my W2's & copies of tax returns. Those good enough
@ interview time, I believe.
Tax return transcripts-is it some thing diff from above? I know, we can get it
from IRS & it is diff format..
I need to still get them from IRS, even I had above documents?
Thanx..

hi Gatedgal

yeah, all the best for your interview and let us know how it goes.

and also can you see if anyone has their kids along with them, as I have a 31/2 yr and 14 month.

so cool, you will be done with the whole process in like 4 months, so when did you have your FP done

Friends,

Just now I got a chance to talk to IO. I said, thinking about going on trip to india from MArch29-Aril27. He said, I gonna receive Interview letter before March29 & more possibility for I miss interview, if make trip in that dates.
He also said, every thing in my appl is good & they looked at my file last time on Feb 27 & put a request for my interview & it is in process..
Any comments..?

N-400 Sent...TSC...09/07/07
FP done................02/22/08

Friends,

Just now I got a chance to talk to IO. I said, thinking about going on trip to india from MArch29-Aril27. He said, I gonna receive Interview letter before March29 & more possibility for I miss interview, if make trip in that dates.
He also said, every thing in my appl is good & they looked at my file last time on Feb 27 & put a request for my interview & it is in process..
Any comments..?

N-400 Sent...TSC...09/07/07
FP done................02/22/08

How about delaying your trip to India?

Ya, I can do that..
But my concern is, is it really gonna happen that quick?
I just completed my FP on feb 22 in charlotte..

N400 sent out..09/07/07
FP done.........02/22/08

Hey ravi1985,

I know, but with Charlotte DO, story is Diff..:)
I never know one got interview that quick here apart from Milatary
background files, especially after that fee increase..
Anyway, let us see..thanx..

N400 sent...09/07/07
FP done......02/22/08..

That would seem very fast for Charlotte. I don't know how IO can predict interview letter to be sent out so accurately.

Update!!!!

Does anyone have an update on the Durham-Raleigh DO?
When do they expect to start operations?
This new office should speed up things for all North Carolina applicants.

Does anyone have an update on the Durham-Raleigh DO?
When do they expect to start operations?
This new office should speed up things for all North Carolina applicants.

I drove by yesterday on my way to work and the building is finished from outside, and it looks like they are finishing off inside offices. My guess is that they will be open by March 24.

questions on documents required

in some threads, i read about selective service for guys under certain age. i came to the US in 1996 when I was 23 under F1 visa. i'm now 35. what exactly is selective service?

also, what documents are required for the interview?

in some threads, i read about selective service for guys under certain age. i came to the US in 1996 when I was 23 under F1 visa. i'm now 35. what exactly is selective service?

also, what documents are required for the interview?

Selective service is registration with the government so that they can easily identify who is eligible to be drafted during a war. If you were under F1 visa until your 26th birthday, there's no need to worry about it Also, since you're 35, there no need for you to provide evidence that you were or weren't required to register.

Docs to take to the inteview

I finally got my interview:

Applied in Feb 2007 and scheduled to go for interview on Mar 26, 08. Does anyone have a good checklist of documents/originals to take to the interview? Green Card is the obvious and may be last three years of tax returns. Anything else?

TIA

I finally got my interview:

Applied in Feb 2007 and scheduled to go for interview on Mar 26, 08. Does anyone have a good checklist of documents/originals to take to the interview? Green Card is the obvious and may be last three years of tax returns. Anything else?

TIA

There's plenty of info on this in previous threads.Always best to search first before asking.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

Friends,

Is there any use with Infopass in charlotte?
I just made one appointment for next monday @ 8.45 am..
Thanx..

DOne with FP on Feb22 & waiting on interview..