• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ceac updated

I wanted to point actually the financial aspect! Because if you satisfy all the requirements than they can only pressurise you through your capacity to support yourself financially, I really think if they are strengthening the visa issuing is OC and SA its for them to choose selectees that's more highly educated and more potentially skilled, so basically they can always play with the financially aspect and since there is no minimum legally amount required to over pass this criteria, anyone can be reject on this matter...

That's possible although we haven't heard stories from anyone being rejected on those grounds (1 on AP that I know of). That may be because people aware of this forum are better prepared in that area.

OC => 1640 - 1970 + 10%-15% => 1800-2270
SA => 1300-1580 + 5%-7%=>1365-1690

Provided the increase in the rates for Cuba and Fiji is not a random fluctuation.

The Fiji dollar used to sit at 20% lower than the Australian dollar, recently though it has fallen to the 50% mark. That fall will have a dramatic effect on a persons savings especially if they are a large family. The average wage in Fiji is listed at around 14400 per annum so that means that that person would earn 7725 USD per year, year not month. So as you can imagine there will be some that will be unable to meet this requirement.

Suva, is also the processing centre for Tonga, Rotuma and I am sure a few other Pacific Island countries. So it may not be just the Fijians that are being rejected.

That will be the case until you send documents to KCC, they open the envelope and put your info into the system. Then you get status Ready

You have still not gotten my question,I am telling you from a practical experience,document has been sent to kcc,2NL letter has been received,and interview has been scheduled for last week of febuary,yet the CEAC status as at today states that ''your search did not return any data''.
Any better explaination for this?

The Fiji dollar used to sit at 20% lower than the Australian dollar, recently though it has fallen to the 50% mark. That fall will have a dramatic effect on a persons savings especially if they are a large family. The average wage in Fiji is listed at around 14400 per annum so that means that that person would earn 7725 USD per year, year not month. So as you can imagine there will be some that will be unable to meet this requirement.

Suva, is also the processing centre for Tonga, Rotuma and I am sure a few other Pacific Island countries. So it may not be just the Fijians that are being rejected.

If that is the reason, refusal could be overcome by presenting additional evidence. Also, it looks Fiji is the only OC country to be rejected

Last edited by a moderator:
You have still not gotten my question,I am telling you from a practical experience,document has been sent to kcc,2NL letter has been received,and interview has been scheduled for last week of febuary,yet the CEAC status as at today states that ''your search did not return any data''.

Probably, some delay in entering data into CEAC

Human error! I dont see other explaination

SA => 1300-1580 + 5%-7%=>1365-1690

Provided the increase in the rates for Cuba and Fiji is not a random fluctuation.

Is that if the current rate of refusal continues or are you amended rates because of the refusals that have already occurred?

I have a feeling the reason for the dramatic increase in refusal may be due to their declining dollar, perhaps they are checking more financial records and are finding that some dont have enough money.

This would not be ideal for people such as myself (i.e. poor students). Hmmm.
Ah, the worries continue!

Edited- although I believe Crawf wasn't asked for financials at his interview?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ended up being exactly 2270- a measly few below my case number. I absolutely never win anything, the fact I got to 'further processing' is some kind of miracle (either that or a system mistake!)
You'd be alright though mijoro :p

This would not be ideal for people such as myself (i.e. poor students). Hmmm.
Ah, the worries continue!

Edited- although I believe Crawf wasn't asked for financials at his interview?

Emma I think its more to do with Fiji's low rate of pay across board.

And think positive GIRL you WILL be getting your GC. Fiji had the highest intake for OC last year and they are getting the most rejections this time around, I think the trend will continue to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ended up being exactly 2270- a measly few below my case number. I absolutely never win anything, the fact I got to 'further processing' is some kind of miracle (either that or a system mistake!)
You'd be alright though mijoro :p

Same here emma i also never won any damn thing in my life ! Played dv for the past 18 ! At last my wife got it! Not me !
Anyway i realy agree with simon's' theory about the probable extra visa quota increase for OC and the way thing are runing according to the ceac i wouldnt be surprised by now if reaches ur cn

Just a word of caution because I feel you guy's are basing your calculations/predictions on flawed data. I'm current and have even received my 2nd NL but the CAEC site shows that my data is unavailable and I know i'm not the only one.What margin of error is assumed in these calculations?

Just a word of caution because I feel you guy's are basing your calculations/predictions on flawed data. I'm current and have even received my 2nd NL but the CAEC site shows that my data is unavailable and I know i'm not the only one.What margin of error is assumed in these calculations?

Right so that is the second case like that and I imagine that this is more than the odd "human error". It is a fair point, we saw the CEAC data being not 100% right last year - it was only around around 90% complete - so there is a chance that it is not complete so far this year also, but I think that is something less than 10%.

I just took all 167 entries from Warsaw interview schedule Oct-Jan and all 244 entries from CEAC data for Warsaw. Surprisingly, all 167 are subset of 244 (no Sloner effect).
Of course, 244 is more than 167, that means CEAC contains more data. All 77 that constitute the difference, have READY status in CEAC.

Take into account that schedule contains 169 entries, not 167. Number 266 was on the schedule for October and for December again (issued for 2 family members out of 2, status change 12/4; not clear if 2 family members got visas on the same date, maybe one in October, another one in December, or maybe both in December), and number 12474 was on the schedule twice as well - December and January, status Ready, 3 family members. That is why we have 169 entries but only 167 unique numbers.

My resume - the probability of human error is low, less than 1%, and all those 77 are the ones who did not have interview scheduled.

Regarding your particular case, I still think there is a delay before the data is entered into CEAC. Maybe up to a month delay.
Moreover, CEAC data is updated in batches, usually new numbers appear once a month, from a particulate consulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia...status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

Helpful blog. After reading some of it I'm no longer sure that administrative processing in the ceac means what I thought it meant, namely those that chose to go through the process in the us rather than at a consulate. Now it appears to me that it means the case could have had an interview at a consulate but that further investigation of the case was required at least that is apprentice from this blog.

The question is then what happened with all the dv2013 cases where the ceac status never changed away from administrative processing? Did they end up with a visa or expire out?

At least it is clear what ready means - ready for interview which may or may not have been scheduled. Rev esky is therefore correct that the ceac contains more data as a ready status does not mean an interview has been scheduled just that it can be scheduled.

http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia...status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

Helpful blog. After reading some of it I'm no longer sure that administrative processing in the ceac means what I thought it meant, namely those that chose to go through the process in the us rather than at a consulate. Now it appears to me that it means the case could have had an interview at a consulate but that further investigation of the case was required at least that is apprentice from this blog.

The question is then what happened with all the dv2013 cases where the ceac status never changed away from administrative processing? Did they end up with a visa or expire out?

At least it is clear what ready means - ready for interview which may or may not have been scheduled. Rev esky is therefore correct that the ceac contains more data as a ready status does not mean an interview has been scheduled just that it can be scheduled.

The AP's of dv2013 that stayed like this until sep2013 are all out ! Means no visa issued
They automaticaly refused after the end of the fiscal year of the dv which is from october
Until september.
The ready's of dv2013 are people that never showed up to thier interviews. So their status on
The caec will stay like that ! Aswell as the Ap's...

I'm also suspecting that for dv, the status changes to ready irrespective whether or not a selectee has sent his papers to kcc when the case number becomes current. Thus the consulate can only schedule those cases where case files have been sent from kcc to the consular posts. If we look at the first pages of the data from ceac ravesky has compiled it appears that around 39% of the lower eu cases which were current in October are ready but has not moved forward. It would seem odd if that many winners would have sent there documents to kcc between May and September and then not react in October it would also be odd if the indeed had sent their documents and by now have not been scheduled and nobody has complained about it in this forum.