• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ceac updated

I am not sure. What KCC could have considered as a signature might mean some common symbol in the country. When they look at the forms at the consulate, they could realize what they do not see at KCC.
Or it might be something else, but the percentage of rows with status Ready removed iis low

There is 2345 "ready" cases in EU currently. Do you have any estimates regarding how many of ready cases turned issued/refused or stayed ready in 2013 maybe?

The "ready" status seems to be a bit unclear to me? Anyone knows anything more about it?

But don't you think in Ceac 2014 there are very few 'ready' status dated in Oct? Do you understand why? I am wondering if there were more selected cases that did not show up at the interviews. Btw, any idea of an average dropout rate, ie people sending their forms to kcc but deciding at the end not to show up at the interview?

There is 2345 "ready" cases in EU currently. Do you have any estimates regarding how many of ready cases turned issued/refused or stayed ready in 2013 maybe?

The "ready" status seems to be a bit unclear to me? Anyone knows anything more about it?

These are people that have had their forms processed, their number is current and they have an interview date scheduled. Given that the Dec cutoff was 12500 ll the numbers above that should be in ready status. Numbers still marked as ready under 12500 might be late submissions, or people that don't show for their appointments.

But don't you think in Ceac 2014 there are very few 'ready' status dated in Oct? Do you understand why? I am wondering if there were more selected cases that did not show up at the interviews. Btw, any idea of an average dropout rate, ie people sending their forms to kcc but deciding at the end not to show up at the interview?

In 2013 the global rate for ready cases at the end was about 18%. EU runs slightly lower, around 17%. That was 2013 - so the rate might be higher or lower - it is speculation....

Ok the ones that shows transfered ! Are they also rescheduled
Or transfered they interview to an other embassy ?

In 2013 the global rate for ready cases at the end was about 18%. EU runs slightly lower, around 17%. That was 2013 - so the rate might be higher or lower - it is speculation....

But still it looks to me that some 'ready' cases have been removed once the interview date is past, but i cant figure out how to prove this. Any suggestion?

But still it looks to me that some 'ready' cases have been removed once the interview date is past, but i cant figure out how to prove this. Any suggestion?

They usually allow rescheduling if interview is missed. Also, during October they removed some rows with status Ready. A lot of them were ready for several months prior to that.

This really gives me some relief. Thank you very much.
I will however follow through as you said and keep the forum posted.

I have already sent an email to the embassy in Ghana and will contact KCC too.

Soon after I was notified in may, 2013, I sent an email to KCC to inform them but they asked that I contact the embassy here, which I did and they also sent me an email and asked that I print that email and take along to my interview.

Yes, She is listed on my 2NL.

Thanks again. I'm most grateful.

@Roselyna

If her b'day was in Sept., as others already mentioned she should be ok. KCC may have not included her by mistake.
Usually if they age out they are not included in 2NL.

Read my past post on this topic below and do the math and see how it turns out.
Make sure you take a p/o of the memo mentioned in there and present it at the intvw.

Best!

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ue-Please-read-and-help&p=2623395#post2623395

What I clearly see is the increased rate of refusals for OC and SA.
If you calculate best refusal rate as refused/(issed + admin) (when all admin are issued in the end),
average refusal rate as refused/issued,
worst refusal rate as (refused + admin)/issued (when all admin are refused in the end)

It looks like for OC and SA best refusal rate for 2014 is still higher than worst refusal rate for 2013.
That means actual passing number for SA and especially for OC might be higher than I thought. For OC maybe 10%-15% higher. And for SA 5%-7% higher.

Not sure why it happens, but it would be interesting to see split by county.

When speaking of the "passing number" are you talking about the final cut offs for interviews or total visas issued in those regions?

What were/are your predictions?

I have a feeling the reason for the dramatic increase in refusal may be due to their declining dollar, perhaps they are checking more financial records and are finding that some dont have enough money.

what if you are current in february and you check CEAC page but the information display after inputing yourCN is ''your search did not return any data'' can you explain this scenario?

When speaking of the "passing number" are you talking about the final cut offs for interviews or total visas issued in those regions?

What were/are your predictions?

I am talking about final cutoff. The more refusals occur, the higher final cutoff for the region.

what if you are current in february and you check CEAC page but the information display after inputing yourCN is ''your search did not return any data'' can you explain this scenario?
That will be the case until you send documents to KCC, they open the envelope and put your info into the system. Then you get status Ready

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling the reason for the dramatic increase in refusal may be due to their declining dollar, perhaps they are checking more financial records and are finding that some dont have enough money.

I wanted to point actually the financial aspect! Because if you satisfy all the requirements than they can only pressurise you through your capacity to support yourself financially, I really think if they are strengthening the visa issuing is OC and SA its for them to choose selectees that's more highly educated and more potentially skilled, so basically they can always play with the financially aspect and since there is no minimum legally amount required to over pass this criteria, anyone can be reject on this matter...