California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply to desi145.

In my case they were asking for more and more information. I guess they didn't have a reason to reject or approve, they were just passing the time.

NOF

Hi All,

I was a silent observer on this forum for the past 1 year. I am in the same boat as others waiting for Labor Cert for the past 2 years.............

DOL R/D: 27-06-2002, EB2/RIR
Got a NOF on: 05-20-2003

DOnt know whats Next????????? I guess SFO/DOL is sending all NOF's to all the IT cases.

mig29

Re: reply to immport user

Originally posted by desi145
I don't think the email status or AVM status changes after receiving NOF. I know few people who received NOF, and all's status says "received on date 7/xx/2002". I also got NOF recently,DOT code.999.151.031. Let us know when you receive your approval. How many days u advertise/how many resumes received? Did you submit any experience letter, your strengths/fields of expertise letter??

My DOL Recieve date is 07/05/2002 filed under 999.151.041 and the AVM still says that it recieved the application. I see some users are saying that they are getting NOF's and the AVM actually Says that NOF was Issued.

Does this happen often where where DOL AVM says it was recieved, but actually NOF was issued.

Also from the huge file send by T3K(Thanks), I see some applications in may & june which still are in recieved status, but DOL is currently processing July applications. Any Idea?

Thanks.

I also got NOF with three options. My HR told me that they are willing to run ad. While submitting LCA application, they had mentioned specific functional job description such as design, develop ecommerce solutions, architect components, etc., The description did not mention anything about languages, skills, etc., So, is it ok for us to be specify skills (such as C++, java, etc.,) needed to perform the stated job description in the ad or should we run the ad with mere job description as stated in the labor application ?

Basically, my question is about distinction between job description and skills needed to perform the stated job description. While submitting LCA application only the functional job description is mentioned but not the exact skills needed to perform it.

Does anyone has thoughts about this. Any suggestion will greatly help me as well as others in this discussion thread.

DOL asking for recruitment information

My case details:

SESA receipt date July, 2001
Got inquiry at State.
In April 2002, it got transfered to DOL.
DOL has now asked for additional recruitment information.
I don't know what that means and what my lawyer is providing. My lawyer says they will be sending information this week and will take about 1 to 2 months for DOL to reply.

I'm software engineer in big software company in bay area.

Will update as lawyer updates me.

Good luck to all of us.

Jai Bajrangbali

MKKUMAR

Is this about LCA (Required for H1) or Labor Certification (Green Card from Employment) ??

Hi gp111,

It's about Labor Certification (Green Card for Employment). We are about to place an ad in the paper. In my LCA application, they had specified only the functional job description and not specific skills. For the paper ad, we are thinking of adding some specific job skills needed to perform the job description.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi all,
I sent a mail to LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov with my case # and my message could not be delivered with the foll. error mesage:
The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:
LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov (user not found)
This is the first time I am facing this problem. Any one of u sailing in the same boat?
Good luck to all,
Thanks,
Bhat

EMail Response System not working

I am getting the same error too.

I think there is something wrong with their system.

eb2august01
DOL Received Date: 07/22/2002
:confused: :confused:

Question about recieved status??

The last I have checked DOL's AVM this monday, my case was still in "recieved status" while the cases after me had NOF issued.

I am talking about the same company and same DOT Code. I also some of my employers cases with the same DOT code in may and june in "Recieved Status".

IS DOL not working on all the cases or just the status is wrong on AVM and E-Mail..

Thanks

MKKUMAR,reg_my_gc,hanuman_chalisa

Hi MKKumar,reg_my_gc,hanuman_chalisa...
Looks like we are all in the same boat. yes, it is correct, even if your status says "received..." most likely you had already got ( or will get) the NOFs. As I mentioned earlier around 5% of applicants getting certified right away ( since jan,2002). let me know how you guys respond to NOFs, how many days advt, how many resumes received and what is the final result? IT_GC got 3 NOFs.
Also it is common to specify the requirement in general words and there may be some specific criteria(requirement) for the job. I think attorney need to put those words in such a way, that it follows one of the DOT code description.

LC question

Hi,

I have applied LC from CA and SESA level is cleared and now it is in DOL. Now, I have switch company and it is in different state than CA. Is it possible to file LC for new company directly with DOL and eliminate SESA level ??

Please advice.

Thanks,
Rama.

SFO DOL Update

Hi guys:

I happened to be in SFO today and stopped in at the SFO DOL office. Spoke with a lady in terms of the Labor Certification Processing.

She said that they are currently processing July '02 cases, they are doing it strictly by the RD and not by the DOT code. She says they are moving very quickly.

I asked her about some cases in Sept '02 which were approved in Oct '02 itself (based on t3k's file). She said DOL sometimes runs some "special projects" where things like this happens! She doesn't know other details or about when a next "special project" may come up.

Atleast, she understands the situation that we are all in and was quite empathetic.

Good luck to all.

udi75.

to udi75

Hi UDI75,
were you able to ask them, if they are sending NOF s to everyone or what? If so, they will definitely move very quickly. They finished June cases in 2 weeks, July maybe done by next week.

Re: to udi75

Hi desi145,

Yes, I asked her about that as well. She said they review case by case, look at the documentation provided and make a decision. I think she just left it very vaguely.

Originally posted by desi145
Hi UDI75,
were you able to ask them, if they are sending NOF s to everyone or what? If so, they will definitely move very quickly. They finished June cases in 2 weeks, July maybe done by next week.

Good news for others, bad for me

Hi All,
I guess I might be the first one on this thread giving this news. I had received a NOF on March 7, 2003 (My case was Jan 2002) and my company sent the papers out on May 7, 2003. My company got a notification from the DOL around 23rd May and my labor has been certified. So there is hope for all you people out there who have got a NOF and are still awaiting reply.

Now here is the bad news, and I really really need serious advise and help from all the senior and junior members. I am with a consulting company and my current project ends in about 3 months. That is why my company is now refusing to file for my GC as they say that since they are not sure about my project and where I will be after 3 months, that is why they do not want to waste money and a Labor Certificate on my case. I tried convincing them that I am ready to pay for the cost but of no use. They are simply saying that they do not want the whole process to go waste since they are not sure about my project.

I have waited for a year and a half for this to come through and am absolutely shaken now on hearing this. They didnt even tell me that they had got the certification last week. I visited the main office on Friday and that is when I came to know about this. I want to take some action by Monday and do it first thing in the morning. Please all of you, advise me how do I fight this out. I am so upset that my mind is not working now. I hope u understand my situation. If you want to talk to me more, you can write to me at nikku6@hotmail.com. I really hope you will be able to help me straighten this out with your experience and advise.

Thanks,
Nik06

Status
Not open for further replies.