California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
lc deined

I checke the AVM and it says my application has been denied !!

My info
DOT 999.151-032
RD 02/25/2002
2 NOF's were replied to by attorney

Denied message posted on May 30 2003

Can anyone tell me what are my options moving forward !!

Thanks
VR

Reply Vijaykumar

Hi Vijaykumar,
I am sorry to hear that.I got three NOFs and all of them are replied back by our company attorney. Can you please let me know when was the reply sent for the second NOF and also what were they(DOL) asking in second NOF. Where is your company located. This information will help in understanding where my case is heading.

Suggestion: Try applying for Labour in one of the midwest state where the time to process is very less.

Best of luck.

Hello all,

I have a question, hope to get some answer from u guys. If my labor is denied for some reason, will I be eligible to use an approved labor from my company as labor substitute? Or do I have to wait for 6 months?

Thanks in advance,
masti

need info

hi mygcnews,

Congratulations to know that your labor got approved.

Which conpany do you work for? and where is it loc?

what is your job title?.

Please provide some information as it will be helpful for us.

Thanks,
Destiny

How long to get LC?

Hi
I am a first time user and I submitted my LC application last November,could anyone tell me how long it will take for me to get LC if i am approved at last?
I called State work force agency and they are processing cases submitted last July and Regional DOL will take another half or one year,and they said case will be transferred to INS after that.Why?
I heard that there are only two steps.

Thanks a lot!

Cherry88

Green Card thru employment is Three Step Process..

1) Labor Certification : SWA + DOL. SWA California Takes about one year to process RIR application & DOL takes anything from 3 to 15 months to approve that depending on Job Catagory.

2) I-140 : INS (BCIS) takes about 3 to 4 months for I-140

3) I-485 : Anywhere from 10 to 18 months in California / CP : Consulate Process take about 6 to 8 months.

You can apply for I-140/I-485 at the same time so you can save those 4 months.

One Case Remanded to State...

Hi All,
I have checked my employer cases today thru AVM and found one of the case received on 07/22/2002 has been remanded to state(DOT 999.151-031). There are seven of my employer cases(DOT 999.151-031) received @DOL on 07/22/2002. One of them is mine. I don't know whether it is my case or not, because I don't know my DOL case number. When I checked with the HR manager, he said that they haven't heard anything from DOL. He said that my case is going smooth so far and told me not to worry. When I asked him about my DOL case number he said that he only have the SESA case number.
Guys please tell me how this REMAND to STATE normally works. DOL would normally REMAND it to state without the informing the employer ? or they will inform employer first ?. I have never contacted my company attorney. Do you guys think that I can talk to the attorney directly and find out whether the remanded case is mine or not OR can I wait for some more time to get the information from my company?...

Thanks in advance.

eb2august01
DOT 999.151-031.

:confused:

Re: Need Info

NkUser ,

I am in the same field as yours. Java/Unix and BEA stuff. So please don't loose your hope.

Destiny:

My company is located in Bay Area. It is a moderate size consulting company. Around 350 people. There were few unofficial lay offs before, but recently recruited some people.

Job Title: Sr. Developer.

Good luck to all.

Getting frustated by seeing Chicago DOL thread

Chicago guys get LC approved in 5-6 months. Its more frustating because since beginning I've been working in Minnesota which comes in Chicago region.

How come these CA DOL guys are so slow and painful?!?

I'm thinking to get some Local Employer here and file for LC from here. Don't know if its good idea or not (My Client is big but now a days doesnt offer Employment to H1 guys and file for GC, In past he did for many. Just bad days).

Congrates to all who got LC approved.
May God give us courage and strength to live longer to see our LC approved (Pun intended) / Rejected.

-DesiPardesii

Thanks mygcnews

Hi mygcnews,

Thanks for the information. Good luck in I140 and 485.

Best Regards,
Destiny

CA DOL Query - NOF

Hi Guys !

I am carrying some bad news .

SESA - 8/6/01
DOL - 6/11/02
EB2/RIR / Software Eng - Skill (PSFT,C,ORA,PB,COBOL,DB2,OS390 Etc )

Working for PSFT Corp .

DOL has sent a NOF giving Options

The options we have regarding the NOF are the following:
1) request the application be withdrawn
2) request the application be remanded to the State Workforce Agency (SWA) for regular processing, not RIR processing
3) request that we reinstate the RIR request and continue processing the application as an RIR

Hr Manager said they will go with the option 3 and if that doesn't work out then they will go with the Option #2.
They clearly told that if they go with the option #2 then I don't loose my Priority Date and which will help me in getting 7th year Extn. My 6 Yrs term will complete in 0ct/03 and they will send out
appl for 7th yr extn by the end of June/03.

Mean while a company in Chicago has offered me a to file 140/485

It is Quite Expensive .

My Question is , If I use LC Subs is there any chance of getting rejected ?

Or Should I stick with my company ?
Do I really need to be on Chicago Company's Pay roll.

Appreciate any Sugesstions.

Hello GCARMAN,

As far as I know you dont need to be on the Chicago company's payroll. A GC is alwasy for future employment. Thus you woudl probably have to joing the Chicago company after you get your Green card.

e-mail and AVM updates ?

Is the SFO DOL AVM being updated ?
I surely do know of a colleagues case
that got an NOF recently, the AVM still
says the case has a Received status.

Also is anyone receiving any response
from the e-mail response system ?

Thanks

I heard from AVM today that some cases RD are around early Aug, 2002 have been certified/remanded in Feb, 2003.

I'm now confused cuz as far as I know DOL processed a lot of cases back in Sept. and Oct. last year. I didn't know there were cases received as late as Aug, 2002 have been processed in Feb. this year.

Anyone knows any cases with RD after Aug. have been processed in early this year?

Please share as many information as you have to help us get an idea where DOL is really heading.

How LC process affected by profession?

Hi
I know here in CA may of LC applicants are IT professionals.
I am a civil enginner and is working as transportation engineer for a consulting firms.What does it mean? will the process be slower or faster compared with average level?
I did not hear many layoff cases in my field here in Bay Area.
Thanks in advance

Cherry

new policy on RIR ???

Hi all,

My lawyer told me last Thursday that my LC-RIR was remanded to CA EDD for non-RIR process. He talked to an officer of DOL and was told that this is the new policy: all RIR applications in CA after January (June?) 2001 in high-tech positions will be remanded to EDD for non-RIR process.

Does anyone heard of this? Is it true, or it is just an excuse from the DOL?

Thanks,

Mark

for Mark and Toy3K

Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear that.
I don't think this is true. Many people got certified recently. Please check previous messages on this board.
maybe T3K can upload the latest DOL data file and we can check that file to see how many employers' cases got certified recently.
If this is true, then it's really a very very bad news!

to Mark

Hi Mark,

I dont think that should be the case, DOL is sending those NOF letters that gives 3 option
1- Withdraw
2- Send back to SWA or SESA or EDD
3- Retest Market

I recently recieved the same letter, it mentioned that if going with Option 3 then atleast 1 more advertisement should be run and give 2 weeks for US workers to submit resumes.

If DOL was simply refusing the RIR process then they should have sent 2 options letter. If the company didn't have layoffs then after retest the Labor should be approved.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.