Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi richshi!
I am also in the same situation.We filed in sept 2004 and got Aor in Jan 2005, but still waiting for IA.....In yogi 799 i have checked and people who have applied with us have already got their medical done or even the passport requests.We are desperately waiting for the rest of the process.Which consulate did you apply from?We have applied from Buffalo.Good luck to you.

re:

Hi,
I applied on March 2005 and got my AOR(not sure when...probably after 2 months).I'm waiting for IA....Did u all submit the police certificate and FBI fingerprint while sending the application (or) waiting for them to request? I have my FBI and police certificate ready?

Thanks.

Hi! We also have our finger prints ready but we haven't submitted them.We are waiting for the request.Lets hope everything gets done soon.
Thanks

Here's my time frame

Hi all!

To those in a similar situation as I am, here's information you might be interested to know:

1. I'm a foreigner (non-American). Currently in the US on an F1 visa.

2. Filed my application for PR (Skilled Worker) in the Buffalo, US office by virtue of the provision allowing persons who have been granted the right to reside in the States for at least a year (e.g., Holder of an F1 visa) to file in the Buffalo office.

3. Graduated last June 2005 from masters program from US university and currently on OPT (F1 extension) until next year.

4. Sent my application papers to Canadian Consulate: June 30
I did not include my FBI Police Clearance because still awaiting this at time of filing. However, I received my FBI Rap Sheet in first week of August.

5. Receipt by Canadian Consulate of my application: First week of July (this is date stamped on my application form official use only box. So I think this will be considered my receipt date)

6. Review by Canadian Consulate of completeness of my application: 2 days after receipt of my application

7. Return by Canadian Consulate of my documents for lack of I-20 documentation: 3rd week of July (requested me to include I-20 forms and to re-submit my application) THIS IS WHERE MY DELAY STARTED. OTHERWISE, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SMOOTHER SAILING. Also, because my documents were returned, I saw that they checked my documents for completeness within 2 days from their receipt of the documents.

Note that although the Canadian website indicated that you must submit a photocopy of your F1, they meant a photocopy of your F1 AND ALL YOUR I-20's (of the original and all extensions)

8. Receipt by Storage2005 of returned documents: 3rd week of July. The consulate requested me to include my I-20's and to just resubmit my documents.

9. Resubmission by Storage2005 of his application: 1 day after receipt of returned documents

10. Receipt by Canadian Consulate of my resubmitted application: 1 day after my resubmission

11. Issuance by Canadian Consulate of my official file no. and official receipt: First week of August

12. Mailing by Canadian Consulate of my official file no.: Second week of August

13. Receipt by Storageone2005 of his official file no.: Second week of August

As you can all see, it looks like the process has been swift and orderly. According to the letter I received from the consulate, it is currently processing files received 36 weeks ago (or around 8.14 months ago). That's around December 2004/January 2005. So let’s see what happens.

Help for future landing

Hi Gurus,
Quick help. I got my Immigration approval papers and will be landing on January '06. Do I need to sign those papers now, or do I wait to sign them during landing? Also, we will probably just wait for the permanent cards and then leave to our home country for at least a year. Do we tell officials of that intent on landing?
Thanks for your responses.
Daniel
AOR 06/2004
IA 01/2005
Medical/Other docs 03/2005
PP Request 04/2005

FBI/Fingerprints

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it is taking FBI to send the fingerprints back? I had sent mine back on June 28th through overnight shipping, but have not recieved them back yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Thanks,

Stoned!

FBI Rap Sheet

I sent my FBI Rap Sheet Application June 10, 2005. FBI received it on June 14, 2005.

FBI processed it August 1, 2005 (as indicated in my rap sheet). They mailed it August 4, 2005.

I received my FBI rap sheet on August 9, 2005.

Work exp letter template

Is there a specific format in which one would need to submit their letters of employment experience with their application for canada PR?

Hi tusharvk,

I had submitted two letters of employment reference with my application, from my previous and current employers. Both letters mostly outlined the time that I worked at each company and the main duties performed. I had also attached the business cards of the people who signed the letters. I am not sure if the Canadian authorities ever contacted them or is intending to contact them.

I hope this info helps.

Stoned!

Case filed with Buffalo in November 2004

Acknowledgement of Receipt received in March 2005, have not any update after that. Expecting IA in the next couple of weeks.

YOGI tracker lost its meaning because I see fewer to none posting after July 2005.
storageone2005 said:
Hi all!

To those in a similar situation as I am, here's information you might be interested to know:

1. I'm a foreigner (non-American). Currently in the US on an F1 visa.

2. Filed my application for PR (Skilled Worker) in the Buffalo, US office by virtue of the provision allowing persons who have been granted the right to reside in the States for at least a year (e.g., Holder of an F1 visa) to file in the Buffalo office.

3. Graduated last June 2005 from masters program from US university and currently on OPT (F1 extension) until next year.

4. Sent my application papers to Canadian Consulate: June 30
I did not include my FBI Police Clearance because still awaiting this at time of filing. However, I received my FBI Rap Sheet in first week of August.

5. Receipt by Canadian Consulate of my application: First week of July (this is date stamped on my application form official use only box. So I think this will be considered my receipt date)

6. Review by Canadian Consulate of completeness of my application: 2 days after receipt of my application

7. Return by Canadian Consulate of my documents for lack of I-20 documentation: 3rd week of July (requested me to include I-20 forms and to re-submit my application) THIS IS WHERE MY DELAY STARTED. OTHERWISE, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SMOOTHER SAILING. Also, because my documents were returned, I saw that they checked my documents for completeness within 2 days from their receipt of the documents.

Note that although the Canadian website indicated that you must submit a photocopy of your F1, they meant a photocopy of your F1 AND ALL YOUR I-20's (of the original and all extensions)

8. Receipt by Storage2005 of returned documents: 3rd week of July. The consulate requested me to include my I-20's and to just resubmit my documents.

9. Resubmission by Storage2005 of his application: 1 day after receipt of returned documents

10. Receipt by Canadian Consulate of my resubmitted application: 1 day after my resubmission

11. Issuance by Canadian Consulate of my official file no. and official receipt: First week of August

12. Mailing by Canadian Consulate of my official file no.: Second week of August

13. Receipt by Storageone2005 of his official file no.: Second week of August

As you can all see, it looks like the process has been swift and orderly. According to the letter I received from the consulate, it is currently processing files received 36 weeks ago (or around 8.14 months ago). That's around December 2004/January 2005. So let’s see what happens.

waiting for IA

Hi,
I applied in July 2004 and got an AOR in August. In april, 2005 I was asked to take IELTS. I did that and sent in the result in first week of July. I am still waiting for my IA and was wondering whether they are reviewing my application or have kept in some different queue. I was hoping to inquire about my application by using the Fax no they have on the site for the Buffalo office. Does anybody know if they respond to such queries or even look at them?

Not to discourage you but I have used it on two occasions for different reasons before and havent got any reply back, not sure if it is ready or just added to the respective file for the candidate.

nk09 said:
Hi,
I applied in July 2004 and got an AOR in August. In april, 2005 I was asked to take IELTS. I did that and sent in the result in first week of July. I am still waiting for my IA and was wondering whether they are reviewing my application or have kept in some different queue. I was hoping to inquire about my application by using the Fax no they have on the site for the Buffalo office. Does anybody know if they respond to such queries or even look at them?

My Condition is almost same as yours....
Applied: 13 Jul 04
AOR: 17-Aug-04
Submitted IELTS result with the application.

After that I got a letter from Buffalo in April-05 saying that my application is waiting to be processed by an officer.... and since then no reply.

I don't know what's happening in buffalo. Some people say that it takes long to do the background check.

Lets wait together.....

nk09 said:
Hi,
:( :(

Canadian PR Medical Test after 6 months

Hello All,

Myself along with my wife applied for Canadian PR. We live in USA.

My timelines are as follows:
----------------------------
Applied: June 2004

AOR : July 23, 2004

Request for IELTS score: Apr 14, 2005

I have sent IELTS score: August 11, 2005

Interview waived and received request for Medical test and other docs: August 15, 2005

But it is mentioned not to schedule medical exam. untill 6 months from the
date of the letter they issued(which is August 15, 2005).

Does anyone have any idea why they have asked not to schedule medical exam.
untill 6 months?

Thanks a lot....

--RDTS

Ielts

Hello,

Just wanted to ask people who have taken the IELTS test. How did you send your score results to the Canadian authorities? I am due to get my score any day now, and I was wondering if I should just send a photocopy of whatever I get in the mail or should I ask the IELTS people to send an official copy?

The center where I took the test advised that a photocopy should be fine as the authorities can go online and enter my info and check the official results out for themselves, but I was not too sure if that is the correct method and hence asking this question. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoned!

Caips Notes Received Today

Hi,
Following is my timeline:

App: Jul-04
AOR: 13-Aug-04
IA: Waiting.....

I applied for my caips notes and following is their reply:

Based on immigration officer's calculation my total points are 66 (Just 1 less than required). They put my application on hold and an immigration officer will review it again.

I will appreciate if somebody can answer my following questions:

1 - What does this statement mean in the CAIPS notes
PAPER FILE SENT TO: PA BF FILE TO: ROD ON 30-11-2005
2 - Based on CAIPS notes, immigration officer calculated my education points wrong. Will they correct it or its final?
3 - They require original IELTS test score. I already submitted a copy to them with my application. Should I send them original now or wait till they send me a letter?

Thanks,
rahme

RDTS said:
Hello All,

Myself along with my wife applied for Canadian PR. We live in USA.

My timelines are as follows:
----------------------------
Applied: June 2004

AOR : July 23, 2004

Request for IELTS score: Apr 14, 2005

I have sent IELTS score: August 11, 2005

Interview waived and received request for Medical test and other docs: August 15, 2005

But it is mentioned not to schedule medical exam. untill 6 months from the
date of the letter they issued(which is August 15, 2005).

Does anyone have any idea why they have asked not to schedule medical exam.
untill 6 months?

Thanks a lot....

--RDTS

It seems that the immigration official believes that it will take a long time for your background and security checks to be completed. Thats why they have asked you to wait for some time to get your medicals done.

After IA the background and security checks are started. It can take a couple of months to well over a year to complete these checks.

Background check - verification of your claims, education and experience credentials done by visa post processing your application with cooperation of visa posts in countries your credentials were earned.

Security check is conducted completely outside of Immigration by Canadian security and intelligence agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries where check is being conducted. It is looking deep into your life, background, activities, associations etc. to find out if you are or ever were involved or are or have been associated with someone who is or was involved in espionage, terrorism, radical movements, crimes against humanity, organized crime, etc.

Unfortunately authorities in some countries take months or longer than a year to reply to inquiries from Canadian authorities and in some countries check has to be done using old fashion spy methods. It all takes time and depending from your background, nationality, countries you lived in, people you associated with (knowingly or not), your activities etc. it may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to conclude

StonedAnt said:
Hello,

Just wanted to ask people who have taken the IELTS test. How did you send your score results to the Canadian authorities? I am due to get my score any day now, and I was wondering if I should just send a photocopy of whatever I get in the mail or should I ask the IELTS people to send an official copy?

The center where I took the test advised that a photocopy should be fine as the authorities can go online and enter my info and check the official results out for themselves, but I was not too sure if that is the correct method and hence asking this question. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoned!

You are required to send in your original IELTS score - photocopies are NOT accepted. I sent my original score by mail to them.

You can also ask the center where you took IELTS to send your score to the Canadian embassy handling your case.

rahme said:
Hi,
Following is my timeline:

App: Jul-04
AOR: 13-Aug-04
IA: Waiting.....

I applied for my caips notes and following is their reply:

Based on immigration officer's calculation my total points are 66 (Just 1 less than required). They put my application on hold and an immigration officer will review it again.

I will appreciate if somebody can answer my following questions:

1 - What does this statement mean in the CAIPS notes
PAPER FILE SENT TO: PA BF FILE TO: ROD ON 30-11-2005
2 - Based on CAIPS notes, immigration officer calculated my education points wrong. Will they correct it or its final?
3 - They require original IELTS test score. I already submitted a copy to them with my application. Should I send them original now or wait till they send me a letter?

Thanks,
rahme

1) BF Date is a system devised by immigration officials to keep track of applications. A BF (Bring Forward) Date is assigned to an application so that it does not get lost. It does not have any significance to you as an applicant.

2) How many points have they awarded you? How many points do you think you should get? Have you submitted sealed transcripts and notarized copies of you degrees? As you are one point short you should definately take this very seriously. If you have not submitted enough documents to prove your educational qualification I strongly reccomend that you do it NOW.

3) Copy of IELTS is not accepted. I strongly reccomend that you send the original score along with updated documents.

You submitted your file in July 2004 so if during the past year you have been working then send your tax return for 2004 and paystubs for this year from Jan to July. Send in as much information you possibly can. They can only give you points based on the documents they have in front of them.

Help

Buffalo has asked for all my w2's in the last 5 years. I cannot find the one for 2003 but have all the others. What should I do? Please help