Buffalo Tracker (please add)

tusharvk said:
I agree with Kenny04 on the issue of Indian passport. But I also think this applies to every country's passport. So it is hardly a surprise that Buffalo did not mail your pp back to your brazilian address but instead sent to the US address.

Kenny04 is right. I overgeneralized about the passport issue. But it is a good idea to ask your local canadian embassy to see if you can do that.

Funds for Landing Question

Hi all,
I am landing on January 06. I have the funds to land, however I am planning on using some of it to buy an apartment in my home country. Can I show the ownership of an apartment as proof of assets available?
Please let me know.
Thanks!
Daniel

Asylee / H1b in USA going for PR

I am writing to you for your input on my case for my application for Canada PR.

Please comment on this one!!!

I was granted "recommended" asylum approval in the USA on august 2004. the final approval is pending mandatory background checks.....

I applied for Canada PR on May 05, AOR June 06.... I amassed about 72-77 points. I have a Ph.D. from U.S. school and scored 8 on Ielts, and sister in canada,.....

I am also on a valid H1 B USA employment visa.

BUT, like I said I am on a valid H1 B visa. In my Canadaian PR application, I reported only the H1B visa as my current legal status in the country of residense!!!! Which is correct, because again I am on a valid H1B visa!

So basiclly I have TWO legal statuses in the USA (H1b and Asylee "pending")

However, I did not report my asylee status in my application!!!

My question is, because of the asylum status, do you think there will be delay in processing my application?

My "Recommended" Asylum approval is pending the mandatory background check since august 2004 !!!! Which is making me worried that the Canadians wil be alarmed because of that. Do you think this will bear negative on my application?

Anyways, I think I better report my asylee status also. Specialy, That I am kinda expecting that my H1B status will be gone after a few months from now!!!

But do you think my asylee status will be negative?

I applied the Canadianian PR application on my own, but I think I need expert legal help on this "explanation" that I need to do.

Can you give me an assesment of how severe the situation is and what kind of legal help can you provide and fees if you are to handle my case??? I am assuming your are an immigration legal agent.

Regards!

Some Advice

Dear Friends,

It is now time that I could use some advice from the fellow members who have been through this phase. My timeline is as follows:

Applied around Sept 04
AOR Dec 04
IA Jun 05

I have been asked do the medicals, provide english language proficiency (even though I felt I had written them a very nice letter and completed my bachelors from the US) and get background clearance from USA and Bahrain, I am assuming since those are the two countries I have resided in for the last 10 years.

I have already made an appointment for my medical test, and sent an application for a seat in the next IELTS exam. I have also sent the fingerprints for FBI's check.

I am not sure how to get the clearance from Bahrain. I have already tried to contact the Embassy of Bahrain in Washington DC, but have not heard back any response.

This is a long thread and after quickly scanning through the experiences of other members who had similar issues with other Middle Eastern countries, I contacted the Pakistani Consulate General (since I am from Pakistan), I was asked to provide text of the certificate of good conduct and they will look into it.

I wanted to ask if anyone had been through this before and what would be the best approach to handle it?

Also, what should be written in the certificate? My guess would be like a two or three liner saying that there was no record of any criminal or similar activities while I was living in Bahrain.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stoned!

AOR: AUG-04, IA: Waiting.... Please update

Hi,

AOR : 13 Aug 2004
IA: Waiting
Category: Skilled Worker

Following is a letter which I´ve got on 8th April 2005 from buffalo.

"Your Application is now waiting to be examined by an officer. Unfortunately, due the large volume of files processed at our office, we have not been able to assess your file as quickly as we had previously anticipated.

You can expect to hear from us again in the coming months. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I have submitted IELTS, FBI finger prints, PCC and all other required documents.
I don´t know what to expect after getting this letter and how long I have to wait to get my IA.
Is there anybody who has got the same letter???

Thanks

Right of Permanent Residence Fees ?

Gurus,
My immigration consulting company has asked me to pay US $820 for Right of Permanent Residence fees, does it mean my process is complete and my GC is approved ? if so, how long will it take still to complete the process and what would be the next step?

Thanks in advance..

DSLstart said:
Gurus,
My immigration consulting company has asked me to pay US $820 for Right of Permanent Residence fees, does it mean my process is complete and my GC is approved ? if so, how long will it take still to complete the process and what would be the next step?

Thanks in advance..

Well the RPRF can be paid anytime during the process. So kindly post your timeline so that we can accurately answer your question.

If the consulting company got a letter from CIC Buffalo to send RPRF then you are almost done.

I have a question for the group, who have complete their medicals, I did my medicals last week and the chest xray said some thing about see some calcium granuloma and so a cat scan was recommended, and which I did and it came back clear.

Now the question is, does it really impact any of my immigration process, because my doctor was telling me thay he has seen it in the past that they ask to some tb test if the xray has anything, even though the radiologist did not say anything.

now the medicals are sent, will it delay my case ???? ANY PAST EXPERIENCE / SUGGESTIONS WELCOME ?????

I just sent the RPRF fee also, does that speed up anything ?

Who does the 35mm X 45mm photographs for application?

Sorry for posting the message here

Hello List,

Please can you tell me where I can get the photographs done for the Canada Immigration application?
They need 35mm by 45mm or 1 and3/8" by 1 and 3/4" size. The stores here in the U.S seem to do only 2" X 2". I tried Ritz Camera, Walmart and CVS and they do not do the 35mm by 45mm..
I am in Virginia and will appreciate specific suggestions.
Did not think the pics will hold up my application.
Thanks.
Reach-Out

Application Fees

How much I have to send for Appliaction fees:
for Primary Applicant, spouse and 2 kids under 18?
Thanks.

Is it okay to file it now?

Friends,
I have just 15 months in my hands before my H1B expires. Is it okay to apply for permanent residency in Canada in this situation? What if my H1B expires before I get Canadian card? How long usually it takes to get a card?

pranashvi said:
Friends,
I have just 15 months in my hands before my H1B expires. Is it okay to apply for permanent residency in Canada in this situation? What if my H1B expires before I get Canadian card? How long usually it takes to get a card?

For most people the process is completed in 12-15 months. But in addition to this I would find a stable US employer before you enter your sixth year, and file GC through him, so that you can keep getting 7th year, 8th year extension until done....

pranashvi said:
Friends,

If you are serious about immigrating to Canada then you should start now. Visit www.cic.gc.ca . It will take you some time to gather all the documents together to send your application. Start with FBI clearance and police clearance from your home country.

Currently the average processing time mentioned on the CIC website for Skilled worker immigration from Buffalo, USA is 19 to 32 months. So I agree with kothari_rupesh that you should find a way out to possibly extend your stay in US.

If you are not called for an interview then there is no problem even if you go back to your home country (after your visa expires). In this case all you have to figure out is how to send your passport to US from your country of residence.

BUT if you are called for an interview then it is your responsibility to get the visa (If you dont have it) and attend it.

Landing issue

Hi all , I got my landing documents yesterday with valid visa for 3 months , I am currently in USA with an expired H1B visa stamp on my passport and valid extension for the H1B.

My employer recommend to go to the US consulate on Toronto to obtain new stamp which is risky in case of rejection. Also the employer ( legal dept ) told me that returning back to USA with in 30 days with expired visa on your passport is no longer valid law on USA ? Would you please confirm that ? I am seeing many landed immigrated who returned back to USA with expired visa on this forum ? So how is that possible?

Please advice.

I agree with both comments. From what I heard in newspapers in India, processing times for Canada GC will be going up due to the sheer number of applicants who are looking for a backup in the US. File ASAP.

My stats:
Canada
MD: 08/2004; RD: 08/2004; AOR: 10/2004; IA: 04/2005; Medicals Sent 05/2005; Doc Sent: 07/2005

US
EB2, PERM Filed: 06/05; Status: Sponsorship

Last edited by a moderator: