Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi All,
I wanted to update my timeline in the Buffalo Tracker.

Applied: May 2004
AOR: June 06 2005
Interview Waived and Request for Medicals and more documents:Feb 09 2005.
Medical Done: March 09 2005
Other documents(India PCC) sent: April 09 2005.
Passport Request: May 15 2005.

I am planning to send my PP this week.

Thaks for all your suggestions through this entire process
Prabhu

ramblingman said:
I had received a communication, dated Feb 9th 2005, from the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo that my application is currently waiting to be examined by an immigration officer, and that I can expect further communication in the coming months.

Do they always send such a notice before starting the IA? Did anyone else receive this notice too before getting their IA? I would like to know how much time it takes after the notice before getting a word on IA...

Thanks in advance for the information!

Ramblingman,

I am also applied in jan.2004, got file# in Feb 11th, After that no message/info from them. I only sent fax asking about status, then they replied with the message "application is currently waiting to be examined by an immigration officer, and that I can expect further communication in the coming months". I sent fax in Feb.2005, got response in March 2005. No infomation/message till now.

Please update if anyone similar situation.

-tomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Recovering Landing Fee

I paid the required landing fees -- close to 1K per applicant...The PR was approved however we are not planning to land in Canada... What is the procedure to recover the money we had already paid...

Hello everybody, I got my visa stamped in Buffalo this Thursday. The entire process was cool.

I'm planning to complete the landing formalities. I plan to land in Toronto by bus from either NY or Buffalo, stay in Missisuaga for 3 days. Apply for my PR and give my cousin's address for correspondence. I plan to go back to India after this and let the PR be posted to my cousins address. I plan to comeback after in March next year to settle in Canada for good.

Can you please let me know if you see any issues with the plan. Also could you please let me know the landing formalities (if there is any website with the info) like how much funds I have to take, in what form I need to take the funds, if I should open a bank account during my 3 day stay there, if I should apply for a SIN, If I should take lots of luggage, what kind of questions I will be asked at the port of entry. Any pointer would be of great help for me. Thanks Folks!!.

wilson
There are no issues with your plan, if you look through the landing process thread you will see several posts on this, including sample documents, steps to follow, goods lists etc.

Thanks Srini, I have gone thru couple of pages in the Landing process thread.

There is a small hitch in my case tho. Currently I'm on a L1 visa. Both my visa and I94 (with which I originally travelled from India) expired in Jan 2005. However my visa (petition) extension was approved till 2008 and also I got my new I94 valid till 2008. I have obligations with the company that makes me travel back to India from US only. So, will I have issues entering US from Canada. Should I get my US visa revalidated while in Canada. COuld you please let me know what possible ways I have.

Or do you suggest I go back India and then return to Canada, get my PR and everything else done. Please advice.

congrats wilson

congrats wilson,

1. kindly let us know what was the duration from the day you did your medicals til the day your medicals results were entered in ur CAIPS file?

2. Also, any idea how long ur background and other checks took?

3. Does eclient change only mondays or anyother day?

4. I had my IA in feb 05. Interview wavied, meds done, docs submitted, landing fee paid in march. Ottawa received meds april 1st week.
applied for caips a little early in march, BFD may 18, 2005 .....Any hope...guide me.

all the best wilson

manoo said:
congrats wilson,

1. kindly let us know what was the duration from the day you did your medicals til the day your medicals results were entered in ur CAIPS file?

2. Also, any idea how long ur background and other checks took?

3. Does eclient change only mondays or anyother day?

4. I had my IA in feb 05. Interview wavied, meds done, docs submitted, landing fee paid in march. Ottawa received meds april 1st week.
applied for caips a little early in march, BFD may 18, 2005 .....Any hope...guide me.

all the best wilson

I'm not sure about the exact dates. But here is some info that may help u.
I did my medicals 1-8-05. Doc sent the file to CIC around 1-28-05. My CAIPS said MOF date is 2-28-05. My IA was done first week of Dec 04. Sent rest of the docs on 3-11-05.

I ordered by CAIPS a bit early, I got the CAIPS results on 4-19-05. The details were incomplete. The BDEC, MEDDEC, OREQ were all 0. So, I'm not sure how long it took. I got a req from CIC for RPRF, I paid the fee and it was encashed on 4-27-05.

I believe estatus changes very Monday morning. But I'm not sure. Mine changed on 5-16-05. From my experience, you will get some info from CIC after about 3 months of your medicals reach them. So, I guess you may have to wait for atleast another month before u hear from CIC.

thanks wilson

thanks wilson,

another quick question thats troubling me since I got my caips.

I was asked to submit a set of documents with landing fee. Caips shows just the landing fee encashed and nuthing about the documents, if received or not.

did you face the same? It just maybe that the caips was asked too early and not updated.

please feed me on this Wilson, all guidance appreciated.

manoo said:
thanks wilson,

another quick question thats troubling me since I got my caips.

I was asked to submit a set of documents with landing fee. Caips shows just the landing fee encashed and nuthing about the documents, if received or not.

did you face the same? It just maybe that the caips was asked too early and not updated.

please feed me on this Wilson, all guidance appreciated.

May be u ordered the caips a bit too early. Even I applied it 1 month early that is why my caips results were not conclusive at all. I submitted my docs on Mar11th, applied for caips around Mar18th and got the CAIPS on Apr19th. Even my CAIPS didn't mention anything about docs being received.

Did u track the postal and check if the doc reached CIC. If u r worried, then I would suggest, fax a very polite letter to CIC asking them the status ie. if they received ur docs or not and that u r worried if ur docs reached them. In my case whenever I have faxed them (3 instances), they were kind enough to respond promptly either by fax or mail. Try it out. It may work for you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
to wilson

thanks for your advice. I have sent you a private message on this site. please respond to it.

thanks

could somebody point me to the site where I can check the status of my case? I've done my medical tests in Apr and wondering whether or not they received the results.

Thanks
ind

Docs to be sent by Aug 03, But IELTS test date is 25th August What to do ?

Hi Guys,

I received IA on May 3rd, 2005. Asked for bunch of documents along with IELTS score also (even tough i have Masters in Engg + 8 years experience in software, Living in US for 5 years). Did my medicals last week. Sent request for PCC and FBI on May 16th. Hope I could gather all documents in time. But except IELTS score.
I sent in application for IELTS test on May 16th but could only secure a seat on August 25th test in Chicago. But they agreed to send me a letter about registraton of test and when the application received. Now ,

1. Will it be okhay if i send all douments and the letter i receive from IELTS abt my registration. For this, do I have to ask permission before.
2. Do I have to change the test center and take the test at a different test center ( for that i got to travel, I live in MI) where dates available.

Thanks for your suggestions.

NSC04Filer said:
Hi Guys,

I received IA on May 3rd, 2005. Asked for bunch of documents along with IELTS score also (even tough i have Masters in Engg + 8 years experience in software, Living in US for 5 years). Did my medicals last week. Sent request for PCC and FBI on May 16th. Hope I could gather all documents in time. But except IELTS score.
I sent in application for IELTS test on May 16th but could only secure a seat on August 25th test in Chicago. But they agreed to send me a letter about registraton of test and when the application received. Now ,

1. Will it be okhay if i send all douments and the letter i receive from IELTS abt my registration. For this, do I have to ask permission before.
2. Do I have to change the test center and take the test at a different test center ( for that i got to travel, I live in MI) where dates available.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1) Yes its fine. When you send the documents just write in the cover letter that you will appear in IELTS on the 25th of August and will send the score as soon as you get it.

2) Your choice but I dont think its necessary.

Please prepare for IELTS. Keep in mind that if you are not able to score at least 7 in all the four sections you will not get the 16 points for English proficiency.

Kenny04,

Thanks for your input(s). Yes, i will do some preparation before taking IELTS test. Now, I have one more problem. My doctor told about my medicals.

He said X-ray and Blood test are okhay. but i have 3% glucose in Urine. He said it means a sign of Diabetes. After that I checked outside, my blood count for glucose came 274. That means I have Diabetes.

In light ogf this, do you think my medicals will go through. Now I started exercise and follwoing a diet, has to meet doctor and do some more tests for taking (if any) medication. Iam not over weight also (5' 7" and 175 lb). I don't know why I got diabetes. For me, looks like life will be a bit different now. Lets see.

Can I open FBI results?

Did you get a response to this or did you open the FBI results. In my case the envelope is stuck close and then taped. So if I open it there is no going back....please let me know!!

Gc_puli said:
I have sent my FP to FBI in March 18. I have received it on May 22.

By the way, Can I open the cover and see the result of the finger print card?

or Should it not be opened and to be sent as it is to Buffalo?