Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi Wilsondavid

Mine also says IN PROCESS.

wilsondavid said:
Mine changed this morning (5/16). I was going thru old post (about 1 year old) in this Forum, they were talking about the status showing "Decision is made" before PPR. Not sure about this as I didn't read about such a status in the recent past.

Does your online 'PR Application Status' show 'IN PROGRESS' or something else.

I had received a communication, dated Feb 9th 2005, from the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo that my application is currently waiting to be examined by an immigration officer, and that I can expect further communication in the coming months.

Do they always send such a notice before starting the IA? Did anyone else receive this notice too before getting their IA? I would like to know how much time it takes after the notice before getting a word on IA...

Thanks in advance for the information!

What to write and where to send??

Hi All,
As obvious by my timeline below I was supposed to send the documents and the medicals by 5/15. Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting in Aug. Based on the advice I recvd from this group I decided to hold off everything untill she can take the medicals and then send all the docs together. Now I am assuming that I have to inform the canadian consulate of this. What do I write in the letter and do I mail them or fax them...what are the address or the fax number. I know I am late but I was on vacation in India and just came back!!
Thanx in advance for all the help!

vishu6 said:
Hi All,
As obvious by my timeline below I was supposed to send the documents and the medicals by 5/15. Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting in Aug. Based on the advice I recvd from this group I decided to hold off everything untill she can take the medicals and then send all the docs together. Now I am assuming that I have to inform the canadian consulate of this. What do I write in the letter and do I mail them or fax them...what are the address or the fax number. I know I am late but I was on vacation in India and just came back!!
Thanx in advance for all the help!

Just write a letter explaining your situation. Tell them that when your wife delivers you will get the medical done and send all the required information.

You can write a letter and send a fax. Get the contact information from:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo

Hello all,

I have got the PPR today. Here are my time lines

Applied: April 2004
AOR: May 2004
IA: Nov 4th week 2004
Medicals Sent: Jan 3rd week 2005
Additional Docs sent: March 11th 2005
RPRF sent upon req: April 22nd 2005
EStatus change to medicals received: May 16th 2005
PPR: May 17th 2005

I'm planning to go to Buffalo and get my visa stamped in person on May 26th (Thursday). Could anyone let me know if u see any issues with the dates or anything else.

My medicals validity is Jan 8th 2006. I plan to go back to India and travel from there to Canada. Do any of you know if this is ok of should I enter Canada only thru US. Pls let me know.

wilsondavid said:
Hello all,

I have got the PPR today. Here are my time lines

Applied: April 2004
AOR: May 2004
IA: Nov 4th week 2004
Medicals Sent: Jan 3rd week 2005
Additional Docs sent: March 11th 2005
RPRF sent upon req: April 22nd 2005
EStatus change to medicals received: May 16th 2005
PPR: May 17th 2005

I'm planning to go to Buffalo and get my visa stamped in person on May 26th (Thursday). Could anyone let me know if u see any issues with the dates or anything else.

My medicals validity is Jan 8th 2006. I plan to go back to India and travel from there to Canada. Do any of you know if this is ok of should I enter Canada only thru US. Pls let me know.

Congratulations. You can land from India, US or any other country it does not matter.

Congrates Wilsondavid

wilsondavid said:
Hi everybody, I'm excited to inform you all that I have got my PPR today.

Congrates wilsondavid for getting PPR. I am still waiting for it. Let me know when is your PPR letter dated.

Thanks,

wilsondavid said:
Hi everybody, I'm excited to inform you all that I have got my PPR today.

Hi Wilsondavid,

I also got my passport request today.

Good luck to others.

Thanks
:D :D

Does anyone know how long FBI will take to provide the police clearance certificate?

I sent mine and my wife's fingerprints in the first week of April 2005. I've not received any response from them. I need to submit these documents to Canada consulate by end of next month.

I have sent my FP to FBI in March 18. I have received it on May 22.

By the way, Can I open the cover and see the result of the finger print card?

or Should it not be opened and to be sent as it is to Buffalo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my extension letter to Canadian consulate on Fri asking them to give me time till the end of Sep as my wife is pregnant due in first week of Aug. I faxed the letter to them on friday....how long do they take to respond and is it sure that they will respond?
Does anyone one foresee any problems in my case because of this extension that I have asked for?