Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Employment reference letter

I am expecting my IA soon. If CIC, requests employment verification letter for my employment in US, Can I send the notarized copy of my employment contract? I have a three year contract it expires in May 2006. I do not prefer to get a letter from my employer.

Will CIC accept the copy of employment contract that was signed two years before?

can_card

can_card:

I did not provide the letter from the employer. During the intinal application process I had provided the job offer letters to CIC.

CIC later had requested me to provide me the current employment verfication letter from my employers, the request was made twice (over period of two and half years). Both the times I did not provide a letter from the employer but sent them the notarized copy of my inital job offer letter, promotion letters and the current pay stubs. I also wrote a cover letter saying that I cannot provide the letter from the employer as it may jepordazie my current job.

This worked with CIC as I already have my PR card.

-Pearl

gcwww said:
The doctor mailed out our medical examination results around 01/04/05. It's been over 3 months, and the online status still shows "In Process".

Anyone has the similar situation? Any one has contact information (like phone#) to check our medical doc. being received by the office? What should we do to speed it up instead of waiting...

Thanks for the info.

This is not uncommon, the online status will show "In Progress" till the date you complete your landing process.

You cannot do anything about speeding up the process, all you can do is send fax or letter to CIC requesting the status of the process but some one had posted in this forum saying that this will delay your proocess.

You can request CAIPS notes which will give the details of yous application.

Hold on the request for the passport will be there soon.

-Pearl
-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Pearl.

Pearl, Thanks for your info.

pearl11142002 said:
This is not uncommon, the online status will show "In Progress" till the date you complete your landing process.

You cannot do anything about speeding up the process, all you can do is send fax or letter to CIC requesting the status of the process but some one had posted in this forum saying that this will delay your proocess.

You can request CAIPS notes which will give the details of yous application.

Hold on the request for the passport will be there soon.

-Pearl
-

gc212 said:
Hi Guys,

Please see this link for CASES READY FOR VISA ISSUANCE:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1962&mid=5&cat=1130&typ=1

Please post, if you find you case in the list. I did not find mine.

Good Luck.

I have posted this a number of time that in US only RPC Detroit has a list of applications received for interview, scheduled for interview and files ready for visa issuance.

Visit the following website of Detroit and click on the links on the right under "IMMIGRANT CASE STATUS".

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?mid=8&cat=116

Aor

I was married when I applied last year, but I still did the application just for myself, not for my wife, but I just got letter from Buffalo, about interview waiver, but they sent background information form, schedule 1, for my wife ? is that mean I have to do her immigration processing too ???

They also sent request for PCC - Indian/US, employment verification, funds verification too, just for information of others.

CAN SOMEBODY ADVISE ? is this just a formality, or do both have to processes simultaneously ??????

kothari_rupesh said:
I was married when I applied last year, but I still did the application just for myself, not for my wife, but I just got letter from Buffalo, about interview waiver, but they sent background information form, schedule 1, for my wife ? is that mean I have to do her immigration processing too ???

They also sent request for PCC - Indian/US, employment verification, funds verification too, just for information of others.

CAN SOMEBODY ADVISE ? is this just a formality, or do both have to processes simultaneously ??????

Family members (Spouse and kids) have to go through the whole process i.e. background check, medical etc. irrespective of the fact that they are non-accompanying. This is done because you may sponsor them when you land in Canada as PR.

gc212 said:
What is your time line and when did you send your RPRF fee? Did you receive a letter from CIC to send the fee?

Thanks.

My times line
Applied - April 2004.
AOR - May 2004
IA - Dec 2004
Medicals - Jan 8th 05
Additional doc sent - Mar 10th 05
Letter from CIC for RPRF fee - April 11th 05
RPRF fee sent - April 20th 05
RPRF fee encashed - April 27th 05.

Yes, I received a letter from CIC asking me to pay the RPRF fee. I took a 'personal money order' from a bank and posted it to them. I tracked the status of the money order yesterday and they said it was encashed on April 27th.

IA completed... Medical & PCC request- HELP

Guru's

I filed my C-PR on Aug20th, 2004, Received AOR Nov 17th.

Yesterday I received mail saying that IA completed, Interview not required, asking for the following additional documents;

1. Medical for myself, spouse and my 21 months old son - within 60 days
2. PCC from India and USA - within 90 days
3. Current employment proof in the form of W2 or T4 statements and paystubs - within 90 days

Any one got the PCC for India from Chicago indian consulate?
Any one got the PCC for usa from Minneapolis/St. Paul area? please let me know the process and your experience.

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Also I applied my USA-GC on Nov'2004, please look at my signature. I am in dilemma of continuing the C-PR. any comments? Really appreciate your feedback;

Thanks in advance

US PCC

USA

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

You must provide:
• A copy of our letter requesting that you obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter
enclosed). Affix your own name and address label.
• A full set of fingerprints. Fingerprints should be provided on the FBI fingerprint card,
but fingerprints may be obtained from a local police department as long as you have proof
of your identity, or from a private organization engaged in the fingerprinting business. Do
not contact any FBI office for fingerprinting. You may request a blank fingerprint form by
writing to the FBI at this address:
· FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attention: SCU Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virgina 26306 USA
• Certified cheque or money order for US $18 made payable to the U.S. Treasury.
• Always specify that you require fingerprints for Canadian Immigration purposes.
Processing times may take between three and six weeks. The FBI will send you the results. You should send
the fingerprints with any attached documents from the FBI to the Regional Program Centre. All police
certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

INDIAN PCC

http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/
On the left hand side click passport/visa/pio and then they have a section for PCC

i) Miscellaneous services form

ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 35 X 45 mm )

iii) Original passport. Since it takes 30-35 days for the issue of PCC, you may submit the photocopy of the passport at the time of applying and present the original at the time of issue of the PCC as it will have to be stamped.

iv) Personal particulars Proforma with 3 copies and 3 photographs

v) Fees of $ 20

vi) Mail back charges (preferably $15 for return by overnight mail which is more reliable and safe. Consulate can not take responsibility for delay in receipt or loss of documents sent by certified mail. No self addressed envelope necessary. Fees for PCC + mailing charges can be sent together through a single money order or cashier’s check. Please note that payments by mail can only be made through money order or cashier's check in favor of the Consulate General of India.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have tried my best to complie the things required for FBI FINGERPRINT, if there is any mistake, let me know, I will change it accordingly.

1. What is FBI Fingerprint Card?

FBI Fingerprint card is a seperate card where you provide all your details and take your fingerprints by an authorized personnel or agency.

Please look at the sample of the card attached at the bottom of this thread. Name of the file: fingerprintcard.gif

2. Who needs FBI Fingerprints result?

Anyone who is a resident of the United States of America should get FBI Fingerprint result.

3. How to get it?

i. FINDING THE AGENCY FOR FINGERPRINTING
For the residents who live in big cities, where they have INS office, you can find few mobile carts just outside the building who are doing photographs, identification and fingerprinting services. You can just tell them that the fingerprint is required for Canadian Immigraiton purpose. Otherwise, just look for the fingerprinting agencies in your Yellow Book or contact your nearest Police Station for fingerprinting.
If not, please search Internet for the local agencies like below: (I am not sure, how far the validity of these site information are)
For California Residents: http://www.ameritekid.com/hard_cards.htm?
For NJ/PA/DE Residents: http://www.24-7investigations.com/finger.htm

ii. THINGS NEEDED FOR FINGERPRINTING
Any two forms of identification such as
Passport (Aliens please carry)
State Driver's License
State DMV ID Card
Out-of-state Driver's License
Alien Registration / Immigration Green Card
Military ID Card
Mexican Consulate ID Card

iii. GET FINGERPRINTED
You can request for the fingerprinting by mentioning the purpose of the fingerprint is "Canadian Immigration"

iv. THINGS TO SEND TO FBI
Fingerprint(ed) Card
Certified cheque or money order for US $18 made payable to the U.S. Treasury.
A letter that specifies that you require fingerprints for Canadian Immigration purposes.

v. ADDRESS TO SEND
FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attention: SCU Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virgina 26306 USA

vi. WAITING PERIOD:

Though it is said that it will take 4-6 weeks, now a days it takes almost 10 weeks for the result. Wait until 10 weeks for sure.

-----------------------------
Contact Information of Foreigners Registration officers in India
Mumbai
Phone: 022-2621169/2620721/8350098
Chief Immigration Officer
Shastry Bhavan Annexe
26, Haddows Road,
----------------------------------
Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Mumbai
Contact Person :
Shri Deven Bharti
Telephone No. :
022-22621169 (O)
022-22620721 (Fax)
E-Mail Address :
dcpsb2.frro@indiatimes.com
Office Address :
3rd Floor, Special Branch Bldg.,
Badruddin Tayabji Lane,
Behind St. Xaviers College,
Mumbai-400001.
Contact Person
(Airport):
AFRRO (Departure/Arrival)
Tel.: 022-26829335

jkvaisnavi said:
Guru's

I filed my C-PR on Aug20th, 2004, Received AOR Nov 17th.

Yesterday I received mail saying that IA completed, Interview not required, asking for the following additional documents;

1. Medical for myself, spouse and my 21 months old son - within 60 days
2. PCC from India and USA - within 90 days
3. Current employment proof in the form of W2 or T4 statements and paystubs - within 90 days

Any one got the PCC for India from Chicago indian consulate?
Any one got the PCC for usa from Minneapolis/St. Paul area? please let me know the process and your experience.

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Also I applied my USA-GC on Nov'2004, please look at my signature. I am in dilemma of continuing the C-PR. any comments? Really appreciate your feedback;

Thanks in advance

Hi,

What was the Date Stamped on your AOR? Was it Nov...,2004? I am still waiting for my IA. Applied on Aug 26th, Date stamped 10/08/04. I would appreciate your response.

Clx-Dude

AOR received Feb 11th, 2004; Status still "In process"

My AOR was received on Feb 11th, 2004. Ths site still shows "In process".

I recently received a communication, dated Feb 9th 2005, from the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo. This communication states that the application is currently waiting to be examined by an immigration officer, and that I can expect further communication in the coming months(?). No word so far!

After the above communication, how long should it normally take for a decision on the file? Is there anyone else out there who is going through this exceptionally long waiting time?

To avoid further delays, would it be appropriate to go ahead and send fingerprints to FBI for clearance even before I get an official request from consulate.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I am also in same boat, my AOR was received in FEB,2004.

ramblingman said:
My AOR was received on Feb 11th, 2004. Ths site still shows "In process".

I recently received a communication, dated Feb 9th 2005, from the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo. This communication states that the application is currently waiting to be examined by an immigration officer, and that I can expect further communication in the coming months(?). No word so far!

After the above communication, how long should it normally take for a decision on the file? Is there anyone else out there who is going through this exceptionally long waiting time?

To avoid further delays, would it be appropriate to go ahead and send fingerprints to FBI for clearance even before I get an official request from consulate.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

tomas_babu:

I have applied through an immigration firm...my attorney says, based on his experience with similar cases, I am very likely to receive my IA by the end of May.

It's strange that many of the cases filed in April and May have already been processed. I guess, there is not much correlation between date filed/AOR date & citizenship with the date when you are likely to get a decision on your file.

Patience is killin'

Indian PCC

Hi,
I have applied for Indian PCC at NY consulate. Today I called them and they asked me to post my passport to them and they will issue the PCC. Is it safe to post passport? If you have done then can you pl tell me what mail service you used and what you did for return mail?

Thanks

gc212 said:
I think your interview is waived. According to SELDEC.

SELDEC : 4 (Waived)

My SELDEC is also 4 and my interview is waived.

Hi gc212,
Did you get your PP req yet?. Or any correspondence from CIC so far?.