Buffalo Tracker (please add)

raj_gl said:
can you tell me what is "CAIPSNotes." and did you apply for it or CIC sent to you directly

This is not sent by CIC directly. I believe it's a third party, which would get the status on our file from the CIC. When you don't hear anything about your case, people generally go for this service to know what is going on with their case.

I applied around the same time as you in April 2004. May be you should use their service to know about your status. This is their website

http://www.caipsnotes.com/

Dertoit Interview.

Hi All,
I received a letter from Buffelo saying that i need to attend interview .I ordered caips notes ,is there any input for me
Applied 5/5/04
AOR june 9 04,
IA -April 11 ,05 --Interview required in detroit.

chicagopains said:
Hi All,
I received a letter from Buffelo saying that i need to attend interview .I ordered caips notes ,is there any input for me
Applied 5/5/04
AOR june 9 04,
IA -April 11 ,05 --Interview required in detroit.

You did the right thing by ordering the CAIPS notes. It will take approx 4 to 6 months to transfer your file from Buffalo to Detroit and then a couple of months more to get an interview. So on an average you are looking at a total of 8 to 12 months of waiting period before the process is complete.

Key word for you is "PATIENCE".

thanks Kenny

Kenny04 said:
You did the right thing by ordering the CAIPS notes. It will take approx 4 to 6 months to transfer your file from Buffalo to Detroit and then a couple of months more to get an interview. So on an average you are looking at a total of 8 to 12 months of waiting period before the process is complete.

Key word for you is "PATIENCE".

Any one has experience with Detroit embassy??So it is 4 to 6 months to transfer the file?? I was been Patience for last 3 years with US and Canada immigrations
thanks Kenny

Just found this information on another forum.

"Aor MAY 2004
Nov end 2004 recived IA with medical papers and was informed that i have to go for an interview in detroit.
Feb 2005 applied for CAIPS notes
April 2005 recived caips notes shows the reason for interview ( provided documentation for work exp not sufficient so recommended for interview).
April 2005 recived confirmation of file transfer complete.

Now heres what i have to do is.
Get a hold of caips notes and letter of file transfer from my lawyer next week. check upi on BFD dates and total points awarded. check if i have to give IELTS or no. check for name check on caips if its complete theres no need to go for RCMP check. Check about the back ground and security checks have been completed or not. Have to get a pcc from local Indian counselate in toronto. Call up my employers to get updated letters for work exp and job responsilites stating the salary etc. Send those to detroit with recent student authorisation. In order to get a possible interview waiver Get my medicals done by first week of May 2005. "

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6865&SearchTerms=Detroit,Interview

Hello All,

I got my CAIPSNotes. Can you please help me intrepret it.

Case Status: Assessed M01
IMMCAT: SW1
Interview: ----- blank
WC Status: **
WC Type: **
Decision Reason: **
COST RECOVERY CODE: FPA
RPRF: LFD
PS DECISION: 1 29-11-2004 SM
Interview Scheduled: -------blank
Selection Decision: 4 29-11-2004 SM
Security Decision: 0
Other required decision: 0
Medical decision: 0
Final Decision: 0

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: PFW on 1-5-2005 MICROLOCATOR

The above line, does it mean I will have an interview or my file is being transferred. Could anyone please help me intrepret.

As far as I know, The file B'fd meaning file brought forward meaning, a particular officer is supposed to look at your file at that date. There are some discussions about this particular line. You can try searching the forums.

Hi Wilsondavid

I think your interview is waived. According to SELDEC.

SELDEC : 4 (Waived)

My SELDEC is also 4 and my interview is waived.

gc212 said:
I think your interview is waived. According to SELDEC.

SELDEC : 4 (Waived)

My SELDEC is also 4 and my interview is waived.

Thank you gc212.
But from my caips notes, I don't think they have yet looked at my docs. I sent them on 10th March. At one place in my caips notes, it says, interview waiver - subject to review of requested docs. And CIC sent a letter asking me to pay the RPRF fee, which i did and posted to them 2 days back. Do you think my docs requested by them after IA would have been reviewed.

Visitor visa

Hi,
My IA is completed and I have noew requested for FBI/Indian PCC. Will there be any issue if I visit canada on visitor visa while my PR app is still in process?

Thanks

When you reach Canada please be truthful to the immigration official about your immigraton application. I read the experience of someone who was in a similar situation and went to Canada.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298525

"We arrived in Toronto yesterday for our fact finding trip no 2. However our arrival did not go entirely to plan. So thought I would post this to warn other in case they get the same treatment!

We arrived at Toronto airport and went to customs with our visa waiver form and the guy on the desk started asking all sorts of questions which we have never been asked before such as what our jobs were, who we knew in Canada, how much money we had etc. We answered all his questions and he drew a pink line across our form and told us to carry on.

We then go to another check point just before baggage claim, but the woman took one look at the form and sent us through to immigration instead of baggage claim.

We stood in the queue behind a couple of people. There was already a few people being questioned. One couple was being grilled about how much money they had and were being told that they did not have enough for their trip. Another person was being threatened with improsonment. We were a little concerned at this point!

When it got to our turn we were asked what the purpose of our visit was and how long we were staying. We said it was a holiday, (which it was combined with fact finding) and that we were here for 10 days. He then asked where we were staying and asked for proof and asked if we knew anyone in Canada, we said no - true.

He then asked us what our jobs were in the UK. At this point he said that he was aware that we had applied for residency and asked if this trip had anything to do with this. We said we would use the trip to fact find etc and hopefully confirm to ourselves that this is the location we want to settle in. He then asked us what category we had applied under - skilled worker, when etc. These just seemed to be for confirmation of facts. He also wanted to know how much money & credit cards we had on us.

After all this he finally stamped our passports and allowed us entry to Canada. Incidentally, he wrote in our passports under the stamp that our visa was only valid until Oct 05 (6 mths). No problem to us as we are only here for 10 days!

Although the process only took 20 mins or so, it was one of the most nerve-wracking of our lives. We were treated pleasantly at all times, but having never heard of this happening from others before, we were totally unprepared.

At least it proves we are in the system!

Hope this will alert others to this possibility.

Going to enjoy the rest of our trip now. By the way it is snowing very heavily here in London, Ontario - great welcome all round!

Jane
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Time lines

Thanks all for the wonderful advice on this forum. Here are the time lines for my application

I sent my application in last week of March 2004 (FYI-- I did include FBI clearance at that time, which was done in Nov or Dec. 2003.)

I got application number in last week of April

I sent police report from my home country in May 2004

I got medical and landing fees request in late Nov. 2004. My interview was waived.

I did medical exams in Ist week of Dec.

I have sent fees (landing fees) in the ist week of Jan. 2005

My doctor sent medical exams in 2nd week of Jan. 2005

I got passport request in March 2005 and I WAS NOT ASKED AGAIN TO SEND FBI CLEARANCE.

I sent passport 1 st week of April 2005

I got back passport 2 weeks after I have sent it to canada conslate. I did inclue I-94 with my passport (make sure to staple it)

hope it helps,

IELTS result

Hi Guys,

I appeared for IELTS on the 9th of April in Chicago and have just received my result.

Overall - 8
Listening - 8
Reading - 7
Writing - 8
Speaking - 9

Although I was not asked to provide the IELTS score but as I have been asked to appear for an interview in NYC I thought that it will be better if I take the test.

Any questions regarding IELTS please feel free to ask me.

Kenny04 said:
Hi Guys,

I appeared for IELTS on the 9th of April in Chicago and have just received my result.

Overall - 8
Listening - 8
Reading - 7
Writing - 8
Speaking - 9

Although I was not asked to provide the IELTS score but as I have been asked to appear for an interview in NYC I thought that it will be better if I take the test.

Any questions regarding IELTS please feel free to ask me.

How does this score translates into points?

Hi Guys
Need some input.
I am planning to do my landing soon and will stay in Canada for 3 days before I come back to US
I will be making 2-3 trips to Canada before I settle down there.

First of All - I will not be able to get my PR cards in 3 days so they will get mailed to some Canada Address (how long it takes to get PR cards)

Secondly without PR card , before I go to Canada the next time I need to have some Travel Document. What is this Travel document all about and how to get it?

Hi Wilsondavid

wilsondavid said:
Thank you gc212.
But from my caips notes, I don't think they have yet looked at my docs. I sent them on 10th March. At one place in my caips notes, it says, interview waiver - subject to review of requested docs. And CIC sent a letter asking me to pay the RPRF fee, which i did and posted to them 2 days back. Do you think my docs requested by them after IA would have been reviewed.

What is your time line and when did you send your RPRF fee? Did you receive a letter from CIC to send the fee?

Thanks.

:(

I applied for Canada Permanent Residence on 2/2/04, and my online status has been "processing" since then. On 4/18 of this year, it changed to "Decision Made," but not telling me any more information. I called my attorney, and he said he did not receive any letter yet... It's been 11 days, and I don't know what is going on with my case...

Is there anyone with the same situation? Please help!!!

Help: Medical Docu mailed for more than 3 months, still no response

The doctor mailed out our medical examination results around 01/04/05. It's been over 3 months, and the online status still shows "In Process".

Anyone has the similar situation? Any one has contact information (like phone#) to check our medical doc. being received by the office? What should we do to speed it up instead of waiting...

Thanks for the info.

US2Canada said:
Hi Guys
Need some input.
I am planning to do my landing soon and will stay in Canada for 3 days before I come back to US
I will be making 2-3 trips to Canada before I settle down there.

First of All - I will not be able to get my PR cards in 3 days so they will get mailed to some Canada Address (how long it takes to get PR cards)

Secondly without PR card , before I go to Canada the next time I need to have some Travel Document. What is this Travel document all about and how to get it?

I figured it out.
Go to following websites if you need more info

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/travel.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr-card/prc-process.html