Buffalo Tracker (please add)

My Time Line

Hey All,

This forum really rocks !! I have found very useful information from fellow members here.

We recently got our passports stamped from Buffalo.
My time line. Applied in Oct '03.. interview waived (March '04). After some confusion about my wife's FBI report we received Passport request on March 26th 05. We sent our passports on 29th March 05. We received our passport stamped on April 09, 05.

Hope this is helpful
-zbitz

***Large Volume of Applications****

Hi,

AOR : 13 Aug 2004
IA: Waiting

Following is a letter which I've got on 8th April 2005 from buffalo. I am wondering if anyone has got the same letter like I got..

"Your Application is now waiting to be examined by an officer. Unfortunately, due the large volume of files processed at our office, we have not been able to assess your file as quickly as we had previously anticipated.

You can expect to hear from us again in the coming months. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I have submitted IELTS, FBI finger prints, PCC and all other required documents. I don't know what to expect after getting this letter and how long I have to wait to get my IA. As I know that people with AOR AUG-04 are getting their IA in these days....

Thanks

landing in canada

Can someone please tell me do I need to open a bank account in canada in order to complete my landing process ?

Thanks

Caips Notes Results

Received Caips Notes stating an interview letter sent and file transferred to Los Angeles in Feb. first Week 2005. Called employer and Employment not verified.
Proof of Pay Stubs and W2 along with a letter from the employer was sent immediately. Anybody faced similar situation please comment. Are they going to send the letter of an interview again?
Thanks
Bill

Going Buffalo CIC personally

Hi Guys,

Can you please advise? I got the RPR Fee (Landing fee) request to pay the fee. Fee check reached CIC on March 11th. Since then I am waiting for my Passport P request, but nothing came since then. I have to go to India on April 30th for a very urgent reason. I am thinking of going to Buffalo personally on April 14th Thursday to find out the status and if they have already mail the PP request, then get the Visa. Is it a good idea to go to Buffalo CIC? Has anybody done this before?

I have already sent faxes to Buffalo CIC for status, but without any reply.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Landing Fee

My IA is done recently and I am required to send landing fee and US/Indian police certificate. this process will take at least 2-3 months. I have also been asked to do medicals which I will do this week.
Shall I submit landing fee now or wait and send all docs together?

sanchi

I think the letter you recived should say that the documents and the fees should be provided in 60 days.

If you cannot provide the PCC/FBI certificate in 60 days , sned them the fees and also write a letter saying that FBI/PCC is taking more than 60 days and it will be sent as soon as you recieve it.

This is what i did as FBI took more than 90 days to prvide the certificate

-Pearl

Hello All,

My IA, Medicals are completed in Jan 2005. Today I got a letter asking me to pay the ROLF. I'm going to do that right away. I have also ordered for CAIPS notes, which I think should be coming in the next 10 days. Till date I'm still not sure if I will be intervied or if my interview is waived. Is there anyway to know if I will have an interview?.

wilsondavid said:
Hello All,

My IA, Medicals are completed in Jan 2005. Today I got a letter asking me to pay the ROLF. I'm going to do that right away. I have also ordered for CAIPS notes, which I think should be coming in the next 10 days. Till date I'm still not sure if I will be intervied or if my interview is waived. Is there anyway to know if I will have an interview?.

Congratulations! Your process is almost complete and you will NOT be interviewed now. After you send in the ROLF you will get the passport request. You will have to wait aprox. 2 months to get passport request.

PR Application

Hi

I had prepared and sent my application on March 26th. Today
it was returned to me as I had inadvertently left two sections
in the form IMM008 blank (Goverment and Millitary Service sections)

The letter states that I can resend the application once I have
completed all the sections (leaving no blanks)

My question to all of you who have been through this process before is

Is it worth using a lawyer or a external firm to apply for PR

or should I just try sending the application again ?

If any of you have done the application process on your own

please share your thoughts

Thanks

inqsit

Thanks Kenny,
The letter I got also says that a decision is not yet made. And adviced me NOT to make any major decisions like 'leave my current job' etc....Do you think I will not have an interview. Is there a thumbrule that once u get the request for ROLF, that means u will not have an interview and the next stage is PP request?. I also have a couple of other questions.

1. I took a money order from wells fargo bank. the money order reads 'Personal Money Order', is it same as 'money order' from post office as other members in this forum have mentioned. Can I send this money order I took from the bank.

2. I plan to go back to my home country after 3 months. If I get my Canadian visa stamped on my pp while I'm still in the US, can I travel with that visa from my home country?. or should I first come to US and travel only from here. Please let me know ur thoughts.

inqsit said:
Hi

I had prepared and sent my application on March 26th. Today
it was returned to me as I had inadvertently left two sections
in the form IMM008 blank (Goverment and Millitary Service sections)

The letter states that I can resend the application once I have
completed all the sections (leaving no blanks)

My question to all of you who have been through this process before is

Is it worth using a lawyer or a external firm to apply for PR

or should I just try sending the application again ?

If any of you have done the application process on your own

please share your thoughts

Thanks

inqsit
I did my application on my own and see no need of any lawyer in the process. Just complete the applications as per the directions and if you have a clean history all will go smooth.

Indian PCC / FBI Report

What is the validity period of an Indian PCC / FBI Report, I am visiting India currently and got my PCC taken care of, but it has a date of 13th april, and I am not expecting request for PCC/FBI report for another three months.

should I get the FBI report also, and mail it in, or wait for the request, or will this be expired before I recieve the request ? is it good to be proactive at all or is it just worthless ??

any help / suggestions welcome ?

kothari_rupesh said:
What is the validity period of an Indian PCC / FBI Report, I am visiting India currently and got my PCC taken care of, but it has a date of 13th april, and I am not expecting request for PCC/FBI report for another three months.

should I get the FBI report also, and mail it in, or wait for the request, or will this be expired before I recieve the request ? is it good to be proactive at all or is it just worthless ??

any help / suggestions welcome ?

how to obtain PCC from India? intend to submit it alongwith my app packet. and also what is the validity of it?

I got it from 'G' Branch (special branch) of CID, FRRO office, which is located near VT station, in Mumbai. The g branch handles just PCC and NOC, thats all it does.

I dont know the exact validity, but I would be surprised if it is more than six months, so I would not submit it with the app packet, since you will have to do it again later.

tusharvk said:
how to obtain PCC from India? intend to submit it alongwith my app packet. and also what is the validity of it?

US2Canada said:
I did my application on my own and see no need of any lawyer in the process. Just complete the applications as per the directions and if you have a clean history all will go smooth.

Thanks for your reponse....

Can I just send the returned application with blank sections filled ( the date of receipt stamp at post is already been stamped)

or should I fill up brand new application form ?

Has anybody done this before ?

Thanks
inqsit

please help what to do ..

Guys,
I applied my canadian GC , last year apr 28 2004(AOR) ,,i haven't got anything so far.. even without asking anything i forwarded Police certificate along with other docs(bank stmt, emp letter, pay stubs etc..)

Please help me .. what should i do ?

thanks

Hello All,

I got my CAIPSNotes. Can you please help me intrepret it.

Case Status: Assessed M01
IMMCAT: SW1
Interview: ----- blank
WC Status: **
WC Type: **
Decision Reason: **
COST RECOVERY CODE: FPA
RPRF: LFD
PS DECISION: 1 29-11-2004 SM
Interview Scheduled: -------blank
Selection Decision: 4 29-11-2004 SM
Security Decision: 0
Other required decision: 0
Medical decision: 0
Final Decision: 0

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: PFW on 1-5-2005 MICROLOCATOR

wilsondavid said:
Hello All,

I got my CAIPSNotes. Can you please help me intrepret it.

Case Status: Assessed M01
IMMCAT: SW1
Interview: ----- blank
WC Status: **
WC Type: **
Decision Reason: **
COST RECOVERY CODE: FPA
RPRF: LFD
PS DECISION: 1 29-11-2004 SM
Interview Scheduled: -------blank
Selection Decision: 4 29-11-2004 SM
Security Decision: 0
Other required decision: 0
Medical decision: 0
Final Decision: 0

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: PFW on 1-5-2005 MICROLOCATOR
can you tell me what is "CAIPSNotes." and did you apply for it or CIC sent to you directly