Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi, I was asked to submit transcripts from my last place of study. I applied for it to be sent to my hometown address in India. The institute sent 10 copies of transcripts in seperate sealed envelopes, put them all in a single big envelope and sent it to my India address where my sister ignorantly opened the big envelope but did not touch any of the other 10 sealed transcripts.
My question is are these transcripts good enough to be sent to the canadian consulate. Please help me out with your expertise. Do you think I can send them or do you think I should apply for another fresh set. I'm running out of time PLEASE HELP!!!

wilsondavid said:
Hi, I was asked to submit transcripts from my last place of study. I applied for it to be sent to my hometown address in India. The institute sent 10 copies of transcripts in seperate sealed envelopes, put them all in a single big envelope and sent it to my India address where my sister ignorantly opened the big envelope but did not touch any of the other 10 sealed transcripts.
My question is are these transcripts good enough to be sent to the canadian consulate. Please help me out with your expertise. Do you think I can send them or do you think I should apply for another fresh set. I'm running out of time PLEASE HELP!!!
As long as transcripts are in the sealed (by college) envelop they should be acceptable.

medicals and beyond

guys,

please let me know if there is a thread which gives all this info. ?

I got a letter stating that they have waived interiview. i have been asked to produce medical test resuls, employement letters and police verification certificate from india.

can you please advise how can i secure the police verification cert. from india ?

Also i have the following questions
1) after the medical results are received by buffalo , i would get the passport request correct ?
2) Once the passport is sent, will it get stamped with the visa?
3) can some explain the process beyond this. I want to understand how soon should i travel to canada. bcos i dont have a h1b- stamped yet.

I know these are very basic questions. Can someone give a good pointer if u guys dont want to answer this.

Check with nearest Indian Embassy they provide Police Clearance Certificate which is acceptable by cic.

Once you send your PP to cic, they stamp a single entry immigrant visa and send COPR that you will need at time of landing.

Once you have the VISA Stamped, complete landing.

I got my PP Request from Bufalo. Here are my timelines

Mailed application: Dec'21st 2003
IA: Aug'16th 2004
Medicals reached Ottawa: Oct'20 2004
Add'l docs sent: Nov'2nd 2004
PP Request: January'28th 2005.
Need to decide when to land

US LC Chicago PD: Sep'19th 2003.
Received by DOL: May'25th 2004
Sent to Dallas BEC

Guys I tell you Canada PR is lot easy to get!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
landing and beyond

thanks 4z4z for answering my question.

Is there a stipulated time after getting the stamping that i need to travel to canada. i ask this bcos, i dont have a valid visa stamp as of now. i have to get it stamped when i go to india and i am planning to do that in dec 2005. so i would like to know if i need to get it stamped before to be able to go to canada. and how much time do i have before i have to go for landing.

And what happens after landing formalities are completed. How soon should i immigrate into canada.

please help

Popoye,

I'm have the same problem as you do. and I recently received my passport request. Both I and my wife have expired the H1B stamp on our passports. However since we have a valid 797approval notice, We plan to make use of the 30 day contiguous territory rule. To complte our landing process and get back.

Need some expert advise on this from Gurus on this forum.

thanks

popoye said:
thanks 4z4z for answering my question.

Is there a stipulated time after getting the stamping that i need to travel to canada. i ask this bcos, i dont have a valid visa stamp as of now. i have to get it stamped when i go to india and i am planning to do that in dec 2005. so i would like to know if i need to get it stamped before to be able to go to canada. and how much time do i have before i have to go for landing.

And what happens after landing formalities are completed. How soon should i immigrate into canada.

please help

Transcripts

wilsondavid said:
Hi,
WilsonDavid,
What transcripts they are asked you.I assume your mark lists from your graduation,you did not sudmit when you aplly first time?or this this is something new?

clarify please.....

Guys, need clarification here please...

Are we supposed to send in original transcripts in sealed envelops from University OR we can submit notarized photocopies of diplomas and transcripts in original language + certified translations + academic evaluations....etc etc..?

THANX

Is there a way to find the status of our application? If we send a fax to find the status does anyone reply?

gc212 said:
Is there a way to find the status of our application? If we send a fax to find the status does anyone reply?
application status. Not an accurate picture though.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Au...ate.jsp&sharedSecret=fileNo&Continue=Continue
No the CIC does not reply to faxes and will delay your process if you are faxing multiple times. CAIPS notes is the way to go and that is all. After, your application ispendig for longer than normal, you may send a fax but then sit back and relax.. Goodluck

ROLF receipt ?

Hi Folks,

A quick question. Is CIC Buffalo supposed to send us a receipt after sending the landing fee. I sent them the additional docs and ROLF fees in the firset week of December but have not received any receipt from them. Wanted to know if I should be receiving a receipt.

Thanks!

My time lines:
============
AOR: March 10th, 2004
IA : Novemer 19th, 2004
Medicals recd at Ottawa: Dec 3rd, 2004 (Have UPS receipt for this)
Additional docs with ROLF recd at Buffalo: Dec 10th 2004 (have USPS receipts for this.)

cal97 said:
Hi Folks,

A quick question. Is CIC Buffalo supposed to send us a receipt after sending the landing fee. I sent them the additional docs and ROLF fees in the firset week of December but have not received any receipt from them. Wanted to know if I should be receiving a receipt.

Thanks!

My time lines:
============
AOR: March 10th, 2004
IA : Novemer 19th, 2004
Medicals recd at Ottawa: Dec 3rd, 2004 (Have UPS receipt for this)
Additional docs with ROLF recd at Buffalo: Dec 10th 2004 (have USPS receipts for this.)

CIC Buffalo does not send receipt of your landing fee. But if you have used certified check or money order then you can check whether it has been cleared and then ask them to get copy of check/money order. That is what I did.

Recently I got PP stamping request and they sent me landing fee receipt with the PP request.

Hope this helps.

Question on visa expiry date

Guys,

Recently I got PP request. My medical is expiring in March 2005.

Will I get visa expiry date of March 2005? Or will CIC buffalo give at least 3 or 4 months to land?

If any of you pass through this situation or have any idea, I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

help

I got passport request 2 days back.

The problem is i dont have valid US visa stamped in my passport.
1) Can i still do the landing or i cant?
2) I am planning to visit India in April end 2005 this year. I can either go to canada while going to India or i can do it while i return. Not sure which one is better?

Please advice what should i do?

Also let me know what things i should consider if i am overlooking anything.

thanks,
shail

shail

If you have an expired Visa and a valid Approval of Notice along with a valid I94 you can go to canada and come back using the 30 day automatic revalidation rule.

It is upto you how you plan to go with it, but it is always better to get h1b stamping in home country.

4z4z

GOT PP Request

Got PP Request Yesterday. The whole process took less than a year for me.

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.
IA: 2nd October - 2004 - Interview Waived.
Medicals sent (reached at Ottawa) 5th November 2004.
Additonal documents sent 12th November 2004.
PP Request - 31st Jan 2005.

4z4z said:
shail

If you have an expired Visa and a valid Approval of Notice along with a valid I94 you can go to canada and come back using the 30 day automatic revalidation rule.

It is upto you how you plan to go with it, but it is always better to get h1b stamping in home country.

4z4z

One thing to note here is that after you land, Canada becomes your 'home country'. So technically you can get a H1b stamp at a US consulate in Canada.

Caips says passport req sent-- But haven't received.

Hi All,

My caips notes tells me that passport request letter sent

============= xxxxxxxxx LH 01-JUN-2004 ==================

I have not received any letter from Buffalo till date. I have sent a couple of faxes to buffalo about asking them to provide me status on my application. I had heard nothing from them.

Now my medicals are expiring february 25, 2005. what can I do get across to the immigration office and let them know that I have not received the passport request letter.

Waiting for your opinions on what I can do at this time and proceed furthur so that I don't loose this chance to get atleast canadian immigration.

Thanks in advance folks....

Application date:- feb 28 2003
IA : feb 04 2004
Med : feb 25 2004
Add documents sent: 7th May 2004

Last edited by a moderator: