Buffalo Tracker (please add)

singh244,

Your situation is a little different than mine. I am still on my H1-B status and that's what i used to enter US.

They asked me why i was in canada. I said to land as permanent resident.

They might ask you about your intentions of taking residency in two countries. You can alway say that I will surrender one after the GC approval. Check with others too. I guess most guys got back to US on advance parole.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
ImFreak said:
File Recieved on Oct 8th and checks cashed on Oct 12th, expecting the recipt number around Jan some time, Best of luck for you guys.

how do u figure the check encashed date, cos i do not know how to find out by way of cashiers check, maybe i am wrong here. can you please advise.

regds,
-Jai

Good to follow list

I will landing on Dec.24th 2004. I am not taking any laugage this time with me.
I need an example how to write a good to follow list.
Thanks.

Johar Ali said:
Yes, I am sure a number of us over on this forum encounter similar situation one way or hte other.
In the letter they suggest to provide employment letters and if you can not give them a reason on a separate paper. It should not be a problem to get an actual employment letter anyway. All the employer needs to do is to mention the time frame, title, responsibilities and salary. It is not something illegal and is actually your legal right to ask for a letter. Just send a relative to a friend who still works there and here you go... :)

Hi Johar,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Jalma said:
Johar Ali,

I have seen cases where they have not asked to redo medical if you passed the medical exam in category M01. I donot know about other categories. I guess thats what they did for me and my family.

Hi Jalma,

What was the expiry date on visa stamped on your passport? Generally, they give expiry date one yr from medical. Since your medical was more than one yr, just curious about that.

I also did medical in April 2004. Recently I was asked to pay landing fee. Does it mean that I am approved or will be approved soon?

Does anybody have idea how long it takes for them to request passport once you pay landing fees?

Jalma said:
singh244,

Your situation is a little different than mine. I am still on my H1-B status and that's what i used to enter US.

They asked me why i was in canada. I said to land as permanent resident.

They might ask you about your intentions of taking residency in two countries. You can alway say that I will surrender one after the GC approval. Check with others too. I guess most guys got back to US on advance parole.

Good luck
Thanks Jalma.

On H1 did you get a new I94?

Call the number on the cashier check and tell them the check number, they will tell you when it was encashed..

hope this helps..

jbathija said:
how do u figure the check encashed date, cos i do not know how to find out by way of cashiers check, maybe i am wrong here. can you please advise.

regds,
-Jai

Jalma said:
Here is my timeline:
Applied: October 19, 2001
AOR: October 28, 2001
IA: November 6, 2002
Medical: May 13, 2003
New born medical: Jan 21, 2004
Passport request: October 29, 2004
Passport Stamped: November 9, 2004
Landed: November 9, 2004 at Peace Bridge
Back to US : November 14, 2004

It took 3 years to complete the whole process. I am glad its finally over.

Jalma,

Great to see you take things in your own hands to cross the last threshold in record time after your prolonged wait !!! Congrats !!! That's the spirit !

Wish ma72 and others who are waiting since 2002 get their stuff soon.

I sent my passports to CIC, which they received on Nov 3 -- I'm waiting to get the passports back.

Regards

Thanks jhumkasrc,

I decided to made this trip sooner to avoid driving during snow time. Moreover, i was not sure how long my visa will be valid for (since my medical expired in May 2004). Good luck for landing to you.

singh244:

None of the immigration guys asked for my I-94. So i came back on the same old I-94 which is still valid for more than a year.

gckadiwana:
Don't worry if they decided to give you visa even after expiry of your medical. You will get atleast 5-6 months to land. My visa was valid until end of April 2005.

Loton:
Please do let us know as what they have to say about the PR card. Three of us who landed recently at peace bridge were told that you will get a letter to pick up PR card instead of getting it in mail. So guys please confirm this as soon as someone find out if this is something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jalma.

Guys,

When I applied for Canadian PR, I didn't pay landing fees. Now I got letter from them to pay landing fees.

What is the time length between "they ask to pay landing fee" and "they ask for passport to stamp visa"? Does anybody have any idea or pass through the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Loton:
Please do let us know as what they have to say about the PR card. Three of us who landed recently at peace bridge were told that you will get a letter to pick up PR card instead of getting it in mail. So guys please confirm this as soon as someone find out if this is something new.[/QUOTE]

I am planning to move to canada very soon.

Would you please some guys confirm that staying in canada needed till getting the PR card?

If returned before getting the PR card but for some reason if they are asking to pick up (or) asking to come to their office for photo, how we can go to canada again to pick or go their office for photo taken ?

Because of job situation in US, canada is my only hope and that I don't want to lose the opportunity to land and get the PR CARD.

Please advice me in this.

Thanks
arun

Arun

I would recommend you land by air to airport in Canada. Most of the problems I have seen with PR cards is for ppl who cross via land border. I dont see a universal policy of not mailing PR cards. I dont know why ppl act in a penny wise pound foolish way by saving $ 100 in airfare instead of landing in Toronto directly.
Secondly even if you have to go back 2nd time to pick up the PR card you can enter in your own private vehicle or by walking on ur 2 feet through Niagra fall bridge, you cant use public transport.

texancanadian,

I like your idea of using our own vehicle. Are you sure we can do that? Don't they ask us to import when you go again to pick up PR card? Please shed some light on it..

Jalma

By private vehicle I actually meant a rental car. Best thing would be to walk to Canada on Niagara bridge and rent a car in Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON.
CIC site says you can do it as long as you still have the original stamped landing paper when you first entered.

Jalma and Texancanadian,

when I crossed the border 2 time, I travelled in my own car, no body bothered about the car at the POE. just the immigration officer told me that I am not supposed to leave the country without PR card and after a second, she told me that I am all set to go. Then Happy travelling into canada.

rh2002.

Rolf

Hi gckadiwana,

What's your time line? I got a similar letter a week ago and sent it the other day. I did my medicals in Sept 2004. Don't know how long it takes for a PP request.

My timeline:

Applied : July 2002 (Buffalo)
IA: May 2003
Additional docs & new FP sent: July 2003
Medical : Sept 23, 2004
ROLF(or PRPF) : Nov 15th, 2004.

Regs,
S Mathew.

gckadiwana said:
Thanks Jalma.

Guys,

When I applied for Canadian PR, I didn't pay landing fees. Now I got letter from them to pay landing fees.

What is the time length between "they ask to pay landing fee" and "they ask for passport to stamp visa"? Does anybody have any idea or pass through the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks rh2002 for confirming this. As i know one of my friend also used his own car to pick up his PR card by using his landing papers.

Jalma,

What was your on-line case status before you got PP request? I am asking this because I added a new born baby and the baby's medical was done in June 2004. I am still waiting since then. I am a Oct. 2002 filer. My status only says "We started processing your case in Nov. 2002". It doesn't say "medical received". So I am worried that they messed up our medicals becuase we filed them separately.

immi_2003,

Even though they clear the medical in no time, they does not update the status online. My friend recently got his caips notes in which they cleared their medical but the online message is not showing "medical have been received". In my case the online messge changed to "medical have been received" only after 6 months of sending medical. SO don't go via online message. If you are still worried, get caips notes to get a better idea if there is any problem with your medical.