Buffalo Tracker (please add)

still waiting

Crazy apple and immi 2003:
I am in similar situation as both of you.

applied July 2002
AOR November 2002
Initial Assessment December 2003, no interview
Medicals done January 2004
documents sent Feb 2004
My CAIPS notes : B check and file bring forward date is june 2005 !!!
no news since then
faxed inquiry more than once , no answer from them!!

Passport Received today

I Received my Passport Today via regular mail from Buffalo.
Time Line:
Appiled Sept 20th 2003.
File Number Received: End of Sept. 2003.
IA June 2004
Medical done: July 2004
FBI, Edditional documents Pluse Lending Fees Sent: August 20th 2004.
Passport Request: October 14th 2004.
Passport Sent: October 19th 2004 (I did not send pre-paid FedEX)
Passport Received: November 12th 2004.
Going to Toronto December 24th via Air Canada($200 return from NY), comming back December 26th to US, NY using my AP. Never use AP before, little scare.
I will be buying a real winter jacket tomorrow :).

My Time Line

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.
IA: 2nd October - 2004 - Interview Waived.
Medicals sent (reached at Ottawa) 5th November 2004.
Additonal documents sent 12th November 2004.

Waiting for PP request.

Katney,

Did the additional documents that you sent included the FBI fingerprinting reports. If so could you please let us know how long did it take for you to get your fingerprinting reports back from the FBI.

Thanks

Ktym said:
Katney,

Did the additional documents that you sent included the FBI fingerprinting reports. If so could you please let us know how long did it take for you to get your fingerprinting reports back from the FBI.

Thanks
It took me a little over 8 weeks to get my FBI results back.

My Time Line

No They did not asked it again. My guess is they may ask before the PP request? or May not be asking at all as I applied just 8 months back..Let's wait.

Ktym said:
Katney,

Thanks

Process completed

Here is my timeline:
Applied: October 19, 2001
AOR: October 28, 2001
IA: November 6, 2002
Medical: May 13, 2003
New born medical: Jan 21, 2004
Passport request: October 29, 2004
Passport Stamped: November 9, 2004
Landed: November 9, 2004 at Peace Bridge
Back to US : November 14, 2004

It took 3 years to complete the whole process. I am glad its finally over.

Jalma: How come they did not ask you to redo your medicals. I heard medicals are only valid for a year or so and you have done yours in May 13, 2003.

katnev: No if they did not ask for FBI clearance then they will not ask with passport request either. It means you are good to go and will receive a request for passport at your turn. :)

Johar Ali,

I have seen cases where they have not asked to redo medical if you passed the medical exam in category M01. I donot know about other categories. I guess thats what they did for me and my family.

I hope so..

Quick question for you.

If i get the stamping how much time i will have ? To enter in to Canada?. The reason i am asking is my 6 H1 will be completed by Jun -2005 and i may not have approval for my 7th Year extension by that time..

Johar Ali said:
katnev: No if they did not ask for FBI clearance then they will not ask with passport request either. It means you are good to go and will receive a request for passport at your turn. :)

katnev said:
I hope so..

Quick question for you.

If i get the stamping how much time i will have ? To enter in to Canada?. The reason i am asking is my 6 H1 will be completed by Jun -2005 and i may not have approval for my 7th Year extension by that time..
I beleive you have a year to land but some people suggest that medical expires in a year so you should land within a year from the date you had your medicals done.

Employment Letter

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can answer my question about employment letter.

My lawyer informed us that our IA letter from Buffalo has reached his desk. Medical check and employment letters are required. The problem is that my wife, who is the PRINCIPAL applicant, has resigned her job from home country and came to USA - means that she has no job at moment. In this case, how can we provide employment letter?

Did someone encounter same situation. Thank you so much for your kind reply.

My timeline is:
application: Mar 2004
AOR: April 8, 2004
IA: Nov 15, 2004

Jalma said:
Here is my timeline:
Applied: October 19, 2001
AOR: October 28, 2001
IA: November 6, 2002
Medical: May 13, 2003
New born medical: Jan 21, 2004
Passport request: October 29, 2004
Passport Stamped: November 9, 2004
Landed: November 9, 2004 at Peace Bridge
Back to US : November 14, 2004

It took 3 years to complete the whole process. I am glad its finally over.

Jalma,

I intend to land in canada this December and return to the US on advanced parole. Could you pleasae guide me on any specifics I should consider.
Will there be any issues while returning to US. Will I get a new I94.

While entering canada what did you say to the canadian officials about your intentions/visit.

Thanks,
Gurpreet

lhy said:
Hi,

Appreciate if someone can answer my question about employment letter.

My lawyer informed us that our IA letter from Buffalo has reached his desk. Medical check and employment letters are required. The problem is that my wife, who is the PRINCIPAL applicant, has resigned her job from home country and came to USA - means that she has no job at moment. In this case, how can we provide employment letter?

Did someone encounter same situation. Thank you so much for your kind reply.

My timeline is:
application: Mar 2004
AOR: April 8, 2004
IA: Nov 15, 2004
Yes, I am sure a number of us over on this forum encounter similar situation one way or hte other.
In the letter they suggest to provide employment letters and if you can not give them a reason on a separate paper. It should not be a problem to get an actual employment letter anyway. All the employer needs to do is to mention the time frame, title, responsibilities and salary. It is not something illegal and is actually your legal right to ask for a letter. Just send a relative to a friend who still works there and here you go... :)