Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Raj_Immigration said:
Hi All

PLease help. I am landing in Canada towards the end of Nov 25 (Vancouver) and i don't know anyone from there. I am supposed to give my address at the port of entry where they will send me PR card. Can I give PO box as my address?? Is there any other way to resolve this?? I'll be coming back to US after spending 4 days in Canada.

Please advise

Thanks,
-Raj :confused:
I will be having similar problem soon except I will be staying there in a hotel and will eventually find a permanat place to stay. What can I do at the POE?

Raj_immigration:

I think you were pretty selfish.. You went through your whole process of immigration, never bothered to share your experineces/timelines with any one of us and now you need help and jumped in. Even then you did not bother to share your timelines. This is justmy personal feelings regarding your attitude toward other people. You think every one here should just hel you out .. Anyway, good luck and get out of your selfish shell...

Passport

Loton,

Did you send your I-94 card also along with your passport. Could you please let me know.

Thanks.

kingosu:
You do not need to send your I-94 card with your passport. The letter should explain what they require of you. If you are that worried, simply staple to the passport and mail it in. If you are welling to mail in your passport you can mail in your I-94 card.
I hope this answer your question. Goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Johar Ali,

Calm down. Take a chill pill :) I did not know that someone will take it so personally...!! I did not know about this forum at all...And when I tried to sign up ..it took almost a week to get my account activated and get oriviledges to post a reply...i have been given priviledges yesterday...!!

I don't need to justify myself anyway ...but i think ur remarks are harsh and rude...don't be so judgemental !! I am willing to share everything ..the questions u have for me....but think twice before u lash out on someone...thats not sensitive !!

I am new to entire immigartion process...!!

Questions?????

Smiles
-Raj

And just FYI, i did post my timelines on yogi799 and canada-city.ca !! Look for raj there !! I had no priviledges to post a reply on this forum !!

:D

I am glad that you are after all such a nice person. We are all new to the world of immigration and need to help each other out. Anyway, lets get back to Buffalo traker instead. you can send me personal messages if you like.

Regarding your mailing address, you can try to share a place with someone or dig out a friend's friend. Other than that, I am not sure what else can be done. Let us hear from some experienced people on this forum :)

No worries.
Hi All,

Finnally I got my passport request on Nov 1, 2004.

Application: Nov 13, 2003
Initial Assessment: June 25, 2004
Medical Sent: July 25, 2004
Docs Sent: Sep 3, 2004
Passport Request: Nov1. 2004 (Letter dated Oct 21, 2004 )

Category: Skilled
Where: Buffalo, NY

Let me know guys if you have question for me. Though I live in California, they have aksed me to send either my passoport or show up in person at Buffalo Consulate in New York not in Los Angeles.

E-Client Status says: In Process and when u click on it, it reads "We start processing ur application on Nov 13, 2003. Medical results have been recvd."

Hope this helps.

Willing to share my expereience.

Take care and God bless all.

Smiles
-Raj

I joined this Forum in October 2004, since then I have been reading this forum everyday. I have shared some of my experience, although I don't have much. I have just finished IA and waiting for FBI report and medicals.

I can understand Johar Ali's feelings when someone come in after accomplishing everything and then demands help without even introducing themselves. Anyway glad that Raj has now shared his timelines. Hopefully everything is cool.

Congratulations Raj! That was pretty fast I thought.

:)

PCC from Saudi Arabia. (Police Clearance).

Hi All,
I am from India and living in US currently. Before US for about a year I worked in Saudi and I am in the process of collecting PCC to support my Canada Immigration.

Some body discussed in this Forum about Contacting Indian Consulate in Saudi to get a PCC from Saudi. (Thanks for the Post Guys!!! :) :) ).

I immediately contacted the Indian Embassy in Saudi regarding my Saudi PCC Request, in turn they have advised me to contact near by Indian Embassy in US (who will in turn contact the Indian Embassy in Saudi in getting such PCC).
If this Saudi PCC from Indian Consulate in Saudi is acceptable by CIC, it is definitely Great.. Resolves the PCC issue for many People as Saudi doesn't issue PCC for Non Saudi Citizens living in abroad.

Please post your comment and share your experience.

no AOR yet ??????

Before I applied in august every body was getting the AOR in one month from application approximately, I applied around august 17th and havent still got it, in a week it will be nearly three months ? is that reasonable or is it just me ? can i do something about it other then realising my frustration by this posting ?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally applied (posted) for the PR on Nove 2.
Thanks to all in this forum who helped me with my questions on filling out the application forms.
Could anyone tell me how long it takes approximately to get the AOR?

Thanks
Sh-Ad.

kothari_rupesh said:
Before I applied in august every body was getting the AOR in one month from application approximately, I applied around august 17th and havent still got it, in a week it will be nearly three months ? is that reasonable or is it just me ? can i do something about it other then realising my frustration by this posting ?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not really think that AOR will make a big difference except for the fact that you will be able to check on your case online and rea d a message saying "we started processing your application on ....". I will suggest hang in there and wait. The whole process should not take more than 14-15 months. Good luck

Sh_Ad said:
I finally applied (posted) for the PR on Nove 2.
Thanks to all in this forum who helped me with my questions on filling out the application forms.
Could anyone tell me how long it takes approximately to get the AOR?

Thanks
Sh-Ad.
I think you can get your answer form kothari_rupesh posting just above your posting. However, it does varies from case to case. In the end, the ball in there court and just wait for some time and see how it goes. By looking at most people timelines, it seems like the overall process is faster and takes 14 months. All it matter is the overall process but I do understand the comfort of everything coming on time. I hope the my posting provied some relief in the world of waiting.

Hi Johar Ali and other experts,

I am still trying to decide if I should continue my Canadian PR process. As quick recap, I applied thru a lawfirm in Jan 2004, and 2 weeks ago (Oct '04), lawyer informed me that we have recieved interview waiver and asked to proceed to medicals. Now lawyer will only forward these doc from CIC to us after we cough up $700.

My questions:

1) How much does it cost to do the medicals (we are based in Calif)

2) Do we have to pay any other fees right now, and do we need to arrange for police certificate at this stage.

3) Can someone tell me how to check online status of Canadian PR.

Thanks!

Johar Ali said:
I think you can get your answer form kothari_rupesh posting just above your posting. However, it does varies from case to case. In the end, the ball in there court and just wait for some time and see how it goes. By looking at most people timelines, it seems like the overall process is faster and takes 14 months. All it matter is the overall process but I do understand the comfort of everything coming on time. I hope the my posting provied some relief in the world of waiting.

Thanks Johar Ali. Yes as you said, seeing the paper work move fast & in a timely way gives a lot of relief. Such forums help us maintain our sanity. :)

gc-despo said:
Hi Johar Ali and other experts,

I am still trying to decide if I should continue my Canadian PR process. As quick recap, I applied thru a lawfirm in Jan 2004, and 2 weeks ago (Oct '04), lawyer informed me that we have recieved interview waiver and asked to proceed to medicals. Now lawyer will only forward these doc from CIC to us after we cough up $700.

My questions:

1) How much does it cost to do the medicals (we are based in Calif)

2) Do we have to pay any other fees right now, and do we need to arrange for police certificate at this stage.

3) Can someone tell me how to check online status of Canadian PR.

Thanks!
1. medicals can cost you from $280-350 per person adults (normally less for childrens) depending on the doctor and city etc. Check with as many as doctors you can in your area.

2) There is only one other fee most people call it landing fee (refundable if you do not land) and is $715 USD for each adult over 18 yrs.

3) Website to check your status but may not be updated.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Au...ate.jsp&sharedSecret=fileNo&Continue=Continue

radosavd1:
you can mail in your application without the police/FBI clearance since they will ask you again anyway. You wife need not to take IELTS but if you would like to claim her education for the points then you may want to evaluate her degree. By the which country did you get your BA/BS which is equivalent to US master? just curious

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I want to know if somebody got PR who had cancer in the past. My wife had in July 2002 and now she free by grace of god. I have applied for PR and waiting for passport request. We did medicals in July 2004 and was asked for more reports in Sept 2004.

Thanks in advance