Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Docs request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I applied for canada PR under skilled class worker. I finally received letters from CIC buffalo as follows:
- medical check
- A letter with checklists:

"We have now completed the initial assessment of your app, and expect to finalize your app without a personal interview.....
This letter contains important info regarding the continued processing of your app.
(Checked) Additional info required: There are incomplete sections of your app. Further processing of your app has been suspended until we receive the info indicated below.........
_ complete the enclosed Background Information Form (unchecked)
_ complete the enclosed app forms ___ (blank)

Additional docs required: __ (checked) You must submit docs indicated on the enclosed "Doc list for family class applicants" within 90 days.

Rights of permanent residence fee: ........
"

My questions are:
1. Is this a normal request and is my interview waived?
2. They asked for Original letter of "no records" or certificates of "good conduct" from my home country. I have been in USA since 1994 and have submitted FBI fingerprint /criminal record to CIC. Why are they still asking for certificate of good conduct from my home country? I've lived in USA for 10 years, it seems unnecessary to get another certificate. Where can I get this if I'm from indonesia?
3. How do I submit the payment of $975 and the required docs? Is it to
Immigration Regional Program Centre
3000 HSBC center, buffalo, ny?
Can I pay in USD?

gc-despo said:
Hi experts,

I urgently need advice on my Candian PR case.

My wife and I applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2004. Last week, our attorney informed us that interview waiver has been granted and we need to go for medicals. They are asking us for $700 (as per our agreement) and then they will forward medicals instructions to us.

Now, we were also simultaneous applicants for US GC. Yesterday, after 2 years of waiting, my wife's I-485 (primary EB applicant) was approved. My (derivative) I-485 is still pending, I am hoping it will be approved soon. Both of us hold jobs in California.

DO YOU FOLKS THINK IN LIGHT OF GETTING US GC APPROVED, IS IT STILL WORTH SPENDING MONEY AND PURSUING CANADIAN PR?

Thank you very much for your responses!
I think you should make up your mind. This is totally personal matter and personal preference. Good luck and congratulations.

ssg10
your questions WITH MY ANSWERS:
1. Is this a normal request and is my interview waived?
YES

2. They asked for Original letter of "no records" or certificates of "good conduct" from my home country. I have been in USA since 1994 and have submitted FBI fingerprint /criminal record to CIC. Why are they still asking for certificate of good conduct from my home country? I've lived in USA for 10 years, it seems unnecessary to get another certificate. Where can I get this if I'm from indonesia?

THINGS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED. AN UNSOLVED MURDER COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOLVED WITH THE DNA TEST SHOWING YOU THE SUSPECT AND WANTED

3. How do I submit the payment of $975 and the required docs? Is it to
Immigration Regional Program Centre
3000 HSBC center, buffalo, ny?
Can I pay in USD?

YES

RonaDhona said:
It took me 6 months to get pp request from the date of medical.

Medical : June 04
All papers including pcc - aug04
PP request - 1st Nov 04
Actually if do the math again, you will find that it took you 5 months from the date of your medicals

gc-despo said:
Hi experts,

I urgently need advice on my Candian PR case.

My wife and I applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2004. Last week, our attorney informed us that interview waiver has been granted and we need to go for medicals. They are asking us for $700 (as per our agreement) and then they will forward medicals instructions to us.

Now, we were also simultaneous applicants for US GC. Yesterday, after 2 years of waiting, my wife's I-485 (primary EB applicant) was approved. My (derivative) I-485 is still pending, I am hoping it will be approved soon. Both of us hold jobs in California.

DO YOU FOLKS THINK IN LIGHT OF GETTING US GC APPROVED, IS IT STILL WORTH SPENDING MONEY AND PURSUING CANADIAN PR?

Thank you very much for your responses!

Although this is purely your personal choice, but from where I see it, you should not go ahead with the Canadian PR, or atleast delay it as much as you can, until you get US GC. Since both of you have a job, wife (primary) is already GC holder, and you should be getting it soon. You have too much going for you in US, to drop it and go to Canada. You have much to lose if you leave US and try to resettle in Canada.

Thank you for your reply Sertra2002.

I am also thinking of delaying Canadian PR process rather than paying $700 now to the attorney. How long can the case hang at the stage of medicals without it being considered as being abandoned.

In our thoughts, Canadian PR seems worthwhile to pursue, even if one has US GC, for 2 reasons:

1) Canadian health care coverage is much better than US, esp for parents if they want to stay with us long term.

2) If Bush, having won, decides to start draft in US, having Canadian PR may be a good backup option.

Can anyone comment whether these are valid concerns, or am I being paranoid?

gc-despo said:
Thank you for your reply Sertra2002.

I am also thinking of delaying Canadian PR process rather than paying $700 now to the attorney. How long can the case hang at the stage of medicals without it being considered as being abandoned.

In our thoughts, Canadian PR seems worthwhile to pursue, even if one has US GC, for 2 reasons:

1) Canadian health care coverage is much better than US, esp for parents if they want to stay with us long term.

2) If Bush, having won, decides to start draft in US, having Canadian PR may be a good backup option.

Can anyone comment whether these are valid concerns, or am I being paranoid?
Well you seems to be a smart person. Regarding your case, I am not sure if they requested medicals alone or there additional docs requested as well.
In case of only medicals: You would have approx. 60 days
in case of additional docs: You would normally get 90 days.

You should have filed the case on your own to begin with instead of getting the so called lawyers who speak a sentence for 10 dollars and never return calls once the case get complicated. As inmy case fo US gc, the lawyers screwed up my case and gave up on me. I handled it myself and fixed it. Good luck...dealing with your lawyer....

Johar Ali,

Thank you for your reply. You are right, I wish I had filed Canadian PR myself, would have saved a lot in lawyer's fees. However, at the time I was not sure if I could do it right!

So, I have less than 50 days to make up my mind whether to pursue Canadian PR and send $700 to lawyer or abandon the case. I guess since it will take time to schedule medicals, and have results sent back, in practical terms I have about 30 days.

gc-despo,

Your statement 1 is always true, and the statement 2 may or may not happen in future....Even some top people knows, they're not going to tell every one ...so it's very hard to make any decision based on statement 2. Even if it happens, it's going to affect Canada too but with a minimum level.

Apologize for repeating my question. Can someone please answer...or atleast tell me where to look at.
---------------------
I am relatively new to this CA forum and am planning to apply for CA GC down the line (my US gc is going nowhere).
- Where can I get the PCC in India? I thought I will as well get it as I am visiting India soon. Does it have to be in a particular format (stamp paper etc)?

- Are the medicals for US GC and CA GC different?

- I have read many people saying that they are applying as a back to their US gc. In what ways would do you expect it to help you? If there has been a discussion on this topic before, kindly point me to that. I am trying to make myself more aware on the possibilities.

thanks in advance.

avi101 said:
Apologize for repeating my question. Can someone please answer...or atleast tell me where to look at.
---------------------
I am relatively new to this CA forum and am planning to apply for CA GC down the line (my US gc is going nowhere).
- Where can I get the PCC in India? I thought I will as well get it as I am visiting India soon. Does it have to be in a particular format (stamp paper etc)?

- Are the medicals for US GC and CA GC different?

- I have read many people saying that they are applying as a back to their US gc. In what ways would do you expect it to help you? If there has been a discussion on this topic before, kindly point me to that. I am trying to make myself more aware on the possibilities.

thanks in advance.

1) You do not need Inidan PCC at the time you apply for Canadian immigration. If they need it later on they will ask for it. You can get Indian PCC from the Indian embassy in US OR you can get it from the SSP of the city where you used to live OR the passport office in India that issued your passport.

2) Yes the medical for Canadian immigration is different (more comprehensive ) than US GC. You will be sent immigration forms by the Canadian immigration official after the initial assessment of your application i.e. 9-12 months after you send your application. So you should not worry about medicals now.

3) A lot of people do apply for Canadian immigration as back up so that if for some reason they cant get US GC they can go to Canada just like you mentioned that " your US GC is going nowhere".

How long does it take to get the Passport back?

Buffolo received my passport on Aug 20th 2004. How long does it take to get the passport back? Any Idea?
Thanks.
-Loton

PP Request

Do we have to send our I-94 along with the passport for stamping of immigrant visa. Can somebody let me know.

TIA.

Passport

Loton,

From what you are saying, its almost 2 1/2 months now. It shouldn't take that long. I think you should try to contact them about your passport if you haven't already done so.

Correction:
They received my passport on October 20th. I am sorry for the confussion.
Thanks.
-Loton

Landing in Vancouver...No address on me !!

Hi All

PLease help. I am landing in Canada towards the end of Nov 25 (Vancouver) and i don't know anyone from there. I am supposed to give my address at the port of entry where they will send me PR card. Can I give PO box as my address?? Is there any other way to resolve this?? I'll be coming back to US after spending 4 days in Canada.

Please advise

Thanks,
-Raj :confused: