Buffalo Tracker (please add)

congratulation jhumkasrc.

Has anybody completed the passport stamping by personally going to Buffalo office? If they could not complete the stamping procedure on the same day is it possible to get the passport back on Wednesday or one have to wait until Thursday?

The reason i am asking is that Thursdays, the 11th and 25th are holidays. So i don't want to stuck there for collecting my passports.

congrats Jalma

congrats after the long long wait
I hope mine will be soon I have been waiting since july 2002
regardingyour question for stamping pp: I have heard that they only stamp on thursdays, even if you send it by mail. If you are going to stamp your passport make sure it is on thursday and you have to be there before 11 am.
I know your medical expired in May, did they mention anything about it, when is your visa valid for?
good luck and keep us posted

gc212:

Are you gc212e or just gc212. Anyway, mailing passport overseas is illegal and have great legal consequences. So do what is right. I do strongly believe you have still have time to stamp your passport before May. You can also try to stick around even after your visa expire. You can stay for less than 180 days.. Check their website for confirmation but mailing passport is not allowed overseas except I gues form Canada to USA or the other way around..

Hi Johar Ali

Thanks Johan Ali for you advise. I will stick arround in US for sometime if I did not get Passport request. I don't know if personal visit to Buffalo office will do any help.

Thanks a lot.

Johar Ali said:
gc212:

Are you gc212e or just gc212. Anyway, mailing passport overseas is illegal and have great legal consequences. So do what is right. I do strongly believe you have still have time to stamp your passport before May. You can also try to stick around even after your visa expire. You can stay for less than 180 days.. Check their website for confirmation but mailing passport is not allowed overseas except I gues form Canada to USA or the other way around..

Thanks ma72.

I still have to get visa on my passport so i don't know how long my visa will be valid for.

As far passport stamping, they do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, thats what they have written on their letter and i also confirmed by calling them. I am thinking of taking my passport personally and get it stamped and then land from there.

They also said either you or your representative with an authorized letter can bring passports to their office.

gc212 said:
Thanks Johan Ali for you advise. I will stick arround in US for sometime if I did not get Passport request. I don't know if personal visit to Buffalo office will do any help.

Thanks a lot.
gc212: You should be able to get your passport request this month. Or maybe next month if everything is fine. Otherwise you should request CAIPS notes. So just hang in there for a few more weeks.. Good luck

PP Request Received

Hi All,

I received PP request today. This forum has been very informative and helpful in guiding me through the whole application process. Thank You all and I look forward to be of assistance to current/prospective applicants. The following are my timelines.

Application Sent: Oct 21st, 2003
Application Received date: Oct 28th, 2003
Initial Assessment: June 09, 2004 - Interview waived, addtional docs requested included PCC from home country, background info from the date of application to present, latest bank statements, and my US employement verification letter, medicals requested.
Medicals done: June 16th, 2004. Doctor mailed it a month later and it was delivered in Canada on July 19th, 2004.
Additional Docs sent: June 24th, 2004 (PCC not sent)
PCC sent: August 25th, 2004.
PP request dated: Oct 28th, 2004, received Nov 1st, 2004.

It took exacly 1 year for the whole process. Planning on landing in June, 2005.

Ia

Hey Folks,

Here is my update.
=============
Applied: Dec 2003
AOR: Jan 2004
IA: Aug 2004

Interview waived. They have asked for documents, police report and medical.

The Doctor is asking for $460/- for medical including tests. Is this expensive or okay?

Also how do I get the police report of India from here.

Thanks

Hi ashrock11,

Medical cost ranges between $400 to $500.

You can ask your parents or relatives to get the PCC from your district police station. I got mine from India. Do not get Police clearance from Indian Embassy. It will not help.

ashrock11 said:
Hey Folks,

Here is my update.
=============
Applied: Dec 2003
AOR: Jan 2004
IA: Aug 2004

Interview waived. They have asked for documents, police report and medical.

The Doctor is asking for $460/- for medical including tests. Is this expensive or okay?

Also how do I get the police report of India from here.

Thanks

Kenny04 said:
Let me get this straight you got initial assessment (IA) in May 2003 but you did not get medical done because your wife was pregnant. Right!

1) Did you inform Buffalo of your situation in May 2003? I believe you did but if you didn't you will be in trouble.

2) Did you send in all the information about your baby like copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, photographs, fees, relevant forms etc. ????

If you have already done all that then you are Ok. I suggest you order CAIPS notes just to see what is happening with your file. Go to www.caipsnotes.com

I dont know how you will be able to start working in Quebec after you land. Maybe someone else can help you with that question.

Thanks again Kenny04!
Yes, we did inform Buffalo after we found out the pregnancy. and after baby was born, we sent all her information: passport, BirthCertificate... to Buffalo.
since my H1-B will be expired at March 2005, my company want transfer me into our Canada facility, which located at Montreal. while my application is to Toronto.

So, that is why I wanna find out how soon I can get my LP. I also want to make sure I can have all the paper work ready to work there. would you please explain more detail or where I can find related info to work in Montreal?

kingosu said:
Hi All,

I received PP request today. This forum has been very informative and helpful in guiding me through the whole application process. Thank You all and I look forward to be of assistance to current/prospective applicants. The following are my timelines.

Application Sent: Oct 21st, 2003
Application Received date: Oct 28th, 2003
Initial Assessment: June 09, 2004 - Interview waived, addtional docs requested included PCC from home country, background info from the date of application to present, latest bank statements, and my US employement verification letter, medicals requested.
Medicals done: June 16th, 2004. Doctor mailed it a month later and it was delivered in Canada on July 19th, 2004.
Additional Docs sent: June 24th, 2004 (PCC not sent)
PCC sent: August 25th, 2004.
PP request dated: Oct 28th, 2004, received Nov 1st, 2004.

It took exacly 1 year for the whole process. Planning on landing in June, 2005.

Hi, Congratulations

may I ask how did you find out When was your Medical been sent and delievered? from docotor or from Buffalo? I sent fax to Buffalo ask them did they received my medical a month ago? have not heard anything yet

lz

Iz: I got a tracking number from the doctor and tracked it on usps website. It showed that the package was delivered at the destination and signed for on July, 19th.

Ashrock11: PCC through Indian Embassy is as good as getting it from India. I got it through CGI-Houston and it was accepted. If you can get it through someone from India, I would go for it since getting it through CGI in US is time consuming and you will have to mail ur passport to them so they can annotate before releasing the PCC. Medicals only cost me $250 including mailing charges. Not sure why they are charging $460, is this for the whole family or per person. I live in Texas and they charge $250 per person here...

Hope this helps.

gc212 said:
Hi ashrock11,

Medical cost ranges between $400 to $500.

You can ask your parents or relatives to get the PCC from your district police station. I got mine from India. Do not get Police clearance from Indian Embassy. It will not help.

Are you sure about the PCC .. I got the PCC from Indian Consulate in San Francisco in April - I got it in couple of weeks - and it worked just fine.

Getting PCC from CGI-Houston is a big headache.

:mad:

I send for PCC to CGI houston with original passport. They took 9 weeks to issue (61 days). I call them several times to their office. Every days they will change their rules, I am getting different answers from them. The following officer is responsible for this in CGI.

P.K.Muraleedhar Babu
Vice Consul (Cons)
Consulate General of India
Houston (USA)

If you can get from India, that is good. Indian Houston Consulate is a SLEEPING Consulate Office. They will give you big Headache and tesnsion.

Getting PCC from Indian Embassy

I got my PCC for India from the Indian Embassy, Chicago, it was just fine. I received my IA in October 2004, so I believe they accepted the PCC. Since I had also lived in Saudi Arabia, one of the additional documents they have requested is a PCC from Saudi Arabia. The surprising thing is that I was able to get one of the Vice consular in the Indian Embassy in Chicago to give me a PCC for Saudi Arabia. I got this in just 2 days, by paying a fees of $20. Offcourse I had to show him my correspondence with the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington DC, US Consulate in Saudi Arabia, Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia and the Ministry of Interior in Saudi Arabia. After looking at these documents and hearing my story a good hearted Vice Consular issued me a PCC in just 2 days. This is probably a rare instance.

Ktym, Can you please suggest me, How to get PCC from Saudi Arabia?

Now I am living in Texas, Can you please suggest me, How can I get PCC for/from Saudi Arabia? :confused:

Skriyaz,

You must be trying to make fun of me. Why do you need a PCC from Saudi Arabia, Did you live there in the last 10 years, if so give me more details and I will give you the directions to obtain PCC.

As I had noted earlier the various Embassies and Consulates I had to contact, to finally get somebody to respond positively. It was not a joke.