Buffalo Tracker (please add)

jhumkasrc,

No never bothered to ask for caips notes. I thought it may be of no use to me as ordering caipes notes is not going to push them to expedite my case. I faxed them two letter to cic instead. They said my file is with other government agency.

Let see what is the height of longevity here. Which one comes first: US GC or CA PR or none,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jalma,

can feel your pain. But still would say go for caips notes as it seems to be the only way you get to have (at least in theory) a full picture of your application -- that way you can confirm that everything you sent has reached them and stuff like that.

BTW did you try phoning anybody ?

Yes, I guess i should go for caipes notes now. Is it possible to phone anybody. I don't think its possible.

Processing date

Folks,

Can anyone tell the processing date in Buffalo? Have applications received in Feb/March 2004 been IAed?

Thank you.

Interview

Hi, Recently i got a letter that they need to conduct interview. I am a computer professional working in US. Can any one please tell me about their interview experience in New York Consulate.
Thanks!
Joe

jowood said:
Hi, Recently i got a letter that they need to conduct interview. I am a computer professional working in US. Can any one please tell me about their interview experience in New York Consulate.
Thanks!
Joe

Joe,

Please can you give more details about your case. When did the Candian folks start processing your application.

Thanks!

Interview

Its way back, in 2002, then my wife got pregnant & then they lost my medical & now they are asking for Interview. First they told me that they waived my interview. I have no idea that what they gonna ask in interview.
Joe

Guys,
I have a question:

I plan to land in canada in December this year and come back to US. Since I land in the calander year 2004, will I have to file Income taxes in the US and CANADA both in April or only in the US.

Thanks

Waiting Time for NEW YORK CONSULTAE

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU

Here is My Situation

APPLIED 07/01/03

FILLING REPEIPT RECEIVED 09/07/2003

INITIAL ASSESSMENT (INTERVIEW REQUIRED) 04/27/04

FILE TRASFERED TO BUFFOLLOW OFFICE JUNE , 17 2004

WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW DATE

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME HOW LONG IS THE INTERVIEW QUE IN NEW YORK CONSULATE AND WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO HEAR FROM NEWYORK CONSULATE FOR THE INERVIEW

TANVEER

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sing 244

Hello Mr Singh

I Am A Cpa . You Will Have To File Taxes In U S A Only In Canada You Will File Next Year

If Any Body Has Any Question About Any Type Of Taxes Or Any Body Has Any Question About Tax Problem He/she Can Contact Me At
718-974-2813

Thanks
Tanveer

tanveer said:
Hello Mr Singh

I Am A Cpa . You Will Have To File Taxes In U S A Only In Canada You Will File Next Year

If Any Body Has Any Question About Any Type Of Taxes Or Any Body Has Any Question About Tax Problem He/she Can Contact Me At
718-974-2813

Thanks
Tanveer

Tanveer,
Thankyou very much for clearing that up.

:)

Initial Assessment

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.

I did not got IA yet.
One of my friend applied on Dec23rd-2003 And he got the IA this Friday (09/10/04).

katnev said:
Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.

I did not got IA yet.
One of my friend applied on Dec23rd-2003 And he got the IA this Friday (09/10/04).
Katnev,

I applied on 9th Jan, '04, AOR on 7th Feb, '04 and am waiting for my IA currently.

FAA

Guys,

If I enter Casnada to get my PR and then come back to the US to continue on my H1B, then how long can I remain in the US before loosing my canadian PR status?

Thanks

before landing, you have about 1 year to stay in USA
After landing, you must stay 2 years out of 5 consecutive years.
In total, you can stay in USA 1+3 = 4 year without affecting your canada PR

have you got your AOR yet....

runaway73 said:
I sent mine on Aug 18 overnight mail. It arrived their early morning of the 19th. We are in the same boat. Lets compare our applications with each other. I'll let you know when I receive my AOR

I am currently working in US on H-1B. I have until June 15th 2005 to enter Canada. I am planning to go back to my home country next month but I don't want to loose my Canadian PR and I would like to enter Canada sometime before June 15th, 2005. Once I get my passport stamped, does it matter in which country I lived before entering Canada for the first time. My file was processed at Buffalo.

TIA
-Josh.