Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

As long as you got the landing papers, you can fly out any place of the whole world to enter Canada. I've seen cases where people would simply get an AOR and leave the country. Interview gets waived, medicals are done overseas as well as FBI finger printing being done overseas and still were able to obtain landing papers successfully and subsequent to that being able to enter Canada.

Good luck

kingosu said:
I am currently working in US on H-1B. I have until June 15th 2005 to enter Canada. I am planning to go back to my home country next month but I don't want to loose my Canadian PR and I would like to enter Canada sometime before June 15th, 2005. Once I get my passport stamped, does it matter in which country I lived before entering Canada for the first time. My file was processed at Buffalo.

TIA
-Josh.

Nope!

There is another guy here who didn't get his yet with the same receipt date. Keep your fingers crossed and let me know if you get any update.

Runaway

kothari_rupesh said:
have you got your AOR yet....

CLX-Dude,

We applied at the same time. Mine was sent on the 18th. Keep us updated if you received your AOR as we will do the same.

Thanks...Runaway

clx-dude said:
Hi,

I am new to this thread.

Buffalo RD: 08/19/04
AOR: Pending

Guys,

No IA news from anyone since a long time. Looks like the CIC Buffalo folks have gone in the mode their US counterparts are in . Their website was last updated on 7/20. Any other way to find out whats going on at Buffalo?

You can stop by any police station and inform them that u need finger print taken for canadian immigration then they do it.
Also, before that you have to get blank finger printing cards from the FBI

Jay

Hi,
I am new to this thread. I am from India currently working in USA on H1B.
I am planning to file Canadian PR.
Where should I file the PR application?
Is it Buffalo? Or Can I file in Canada itself if I chose a lawyer
having Canadian office to represent me?
Is there any difference in processing between Buffalo center and a
Canadian center?.

I would really appreciate your respone in this matter.
Thank you very much.

Regards.

Humm-- I thought the best for H1B person is to apply from Buffalo. Beside that Buffalo is now stuck at Oct 2003 from past 2 months.

Let us know what you lawyer states?

SSMDelhi said:
Humm-- I thought the best for H1B person is to apply from Buffalo. Beside that Buffalo is now stuck at Oct 2003 from past 2 months.

Let us know what you lawyer states?

Check out www.immigration.ca. CIC Buffalo is indeed working. As of 9/15 they have issued IA for an application with an AOR of Feb 7, 2004.

Here is a better one source of information about processing times. Click on the Minus sign to sort the tables. From what I see, it appears that CIC has a lot of December cases that have not been processed yet. I doubt they are processing January of February.

http://www.yogi799.com/

Runaway

vasu_c said:
Check out www.immigration.ca. CIC Buffalo is indeed working. As of 9/15 they have issued IA for an application with an AOR of Feb 7, 2004.

question

hello,
I am new to the forum, I just sent all my documents to buffalo, can someone tell me what the next step is. I saw AOR etc acronyms -what do they mean?

thanks

Question about Passport request

Does anyone know if there is deadline given to submit your passport when the CIC sends you a PP request? Do they mention you have to send the PP in 60 days or anything like that?

Thanks,
SSJ

Re: Question about Passport request

Hi SSJ,

I have recently received a letter from buffalo asking for my passport. They gave me 30 days to send it. They also indicated that after they receive the passport, it generally takes 15 days for them to process it (stamp it) and send it back.

HTH,

Stingray

Hey stingray & dolkemaaki,

Did you guys recently receive passport request. Could you post your timelines too. I have been waiting for mine for sometime.

To neels1,

The next step is that you wait till CIC buffalo sends you a letter indicating your file number( normally called AOR). I think within a year from you receiving your filenumber, your initial assessment is done( determine whether interview required or not).

Good luck.

AOR - acknowledgement of receipt (usually takes a month after u submit ur app)
IA - Initial Assessment (about 8 months to a year from AOR)

Above estimates are if u filed in Buffalo.

neels1 said:
hello,
I am new to the forum, I just sent all my documents to buffalo, can someone tell me what the next step is. I saw AOR etc acronyms -what do they mean?

thanks

When does the consulate status get updated?

Hi,
Does anybody have any info on when the status gets updated online? I have already sent done my medicals and sent all the required documents. It is over a month now. My status has not yet changed.

BTW, here is my info

AOR: 17th November 2003
I/A: July 1st, 2004
MED: 12th JULY, 2004
Documents sent end of august...

Can somebody tell me how long does it take to get PP request after the submission of the documents?

Thanks
----------------
Coolserene :)

New

I am new to this forum. My application for PR in federal skilled worker catagory was received in buffalo on 09-01-2004.

I have a small doubt in interview waiver. What is the RPC's general rule in waiving the interview?

I have not hired a lawyer. I have submitted all the documents, including PCC & bank statement initially. No IELTS. But I have submitted a written statement with supporing douments for English proficency. . My self assesment score is 73 points. Will I be excempted from interview?

Thanks

Background Checks - Need Advise

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with the following
questions:

I filed my application in Dec'02 for Canadian immigration, submitted
my medicals and police clearance certificates from US/India in
Apr'04. Since them I am waiting from the Consulate to request for
passports. On querying the consulate by fax, I was told that they are
waiting for the "results of the background checks which will likely
take several months"

1. What comprises background checks ??
2. Can I help them by providing any more information to
complete the background checks ?? like furnish revised
telephones nos for the companies that I worked, etc, etc
Will it help ??)
3. I have not submitted my RPRF fee. Can I submit that now ??
4. Will it help my case (speed it up ?) if I submit the fee ??

Will appreciate any advise. Thanks !!!!!

can_card said:
I am new to this forum. My application for PR in federal skilled worker catagory was received in buffalo on 09-01-2004.

I have a small doubt in interview waiver. What is the RPC's general rule in waiving the interview?

I have not hired a lawyer. I have submitted all the documents, including PCC & bank statement initially. No IELTS. But I have submitted a written statement with supporing douments for English proficency. . My self assesment score is 73 points. Will I be excempted from interview?

Thanks

According to their operation manual, the officers cannot request interviews because of doubt in english proficiency. If the officer is in doubt, he/she can deny your application or request additional proof such as the IELTS exam. As a matter of fact, CIC these days virtually is asking everyone to submit IELTS exam results if the applicant has not submitted one already. Even if the applicant submitted evidence of english proficiency, CIC is still requesting IELTS results. If I were you, I'd take the exam and submit the results as soon as you get your Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR).

Normally interviews are requested when the officer is in doubt of your education or work experience. There are many who submit fake letters of experience.

This is just based on what I know through friends and what I read on those newsgroups. This is not a legal opinion.