Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hi annies,

I applied in 01, November 2001 at buff. In the initial assessment leter they advised me that it would take 7 to 10 months to transfer my file from buff to detriot. since that letter it's been 7 months have passed i think 3 to 4 more months to go to receive anything from detriot. Probably they will ask for new forms like Raj was asked for new forms.

Best of luck to All...

regards - Mohsin

Hi Y.R,

Even I applied in Feb 2002, I did not here anything from them till now and file number given on may 22nd, 2002.A friend of mine who applied in march , he got rejection letter.

Thanks

Dsnvas

Hi dsnvas,

Probably different officers are processing different batches. You should hear from them soon.

The friend of yours that got rejected, how many points did he have. Strange that he did not get a chance to interview.

How long does it take to stamp the passport.

Hello all.

I have sent my passport to the Buffalo office for stamping on June 05, 2003. I was wondering how long they take to stamp the passport and return it. I have to land before July 06, 2003.. after that my visa expires.. atleast thats what the letter said.

Can I go there personally with the letter and check the status.. Is there any phone # that I can call and find out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Louie

Grrrr, why new forms!

Hi Pkapur,

I get 74 points under the new law, even though I need a minimum of 70. Thats what is really cheesing me off. And whats worse is that they already have all information to determine this. Maybe a new point table, but thats it.

If you are falling short get a basic language course in place. It will really help to boast those points.

Keep in touch.

Raj

applied in Feb-end 2002-no answer yet

Grammaben,
How did you get an answer in just 3 months? You applied in March-got initial assessment in June?-that seems awfully quick for the CIC we all know. Any advise for us?
I appied in Fen-end of 2002, got my file nos on July 11th 2002. Since then nothing? I have 92 points under the new system. Anyone else who applied around Feb/March 2002?
Satish

CanI-regarding 92

CanI,
Yup 92.
- have a close relative in Canada
- have studied here for 2 years
- Wife has 5 points for gradaution
- wife and I have both worked full-time in Canada for over a year
- have HRDC validation for the job I am currently in
And full points for the others in age, language, work ex, education etc. Only points missing are for French.

Still no luck so far.

For Satish

I guess you have misunderstanding here.

I have applied in March 2002. So It took me 1.3 years to get initial assment.

Thanks,
Rama.

confuse

Hi: Guys

When I sent my immigartion application I have job, Do the Canada
Care about I still have job right now.Why my friend told me, she
got medical paper, just take medical exam,then don't need anything else.But at this site some guys said,after they got
medical paper, Canada ask them supply employer letter of
salary statement.
Because bussiness is slow, who knows tomorrow.

Thanks lot!

Hi guys, I got a letter last week that my application does not need interview and hence i guess approved. I applied I think on 3/25/02. It also gives some info on medicals.

Can somebody tell me what are the next steps after this ?
Do I pay for the medicals or do they have some special places where I can go ?

Also, from today, when is the earliest that I can land and when is the latest ? I heard some problems with cars etc. Should I rent a car and if so, will that not create problem at the post since I have to come back to US to return the car.

Too many questions I guess. What about residence do they provide information about where I can move ? I dont know anybody in Canada at this moment.

Thanks a lot

For Krishna02 -

Originally posted by Krishna02
Hi guys, I got a letter last week that my application does not need interview and hence i guess approved. I applied I think on 3/25/02. It also gives some info on medicals.

Congrats!

Can somebody tell me what are the next steps after this ?
Do I pay for the medicals or do they have some special places where I can go ?

Read the instructions with the Medical forms and you should have all answers to your questions. The medical charges vary from Doctor to Doctor

Also, from today, when is the earliest that I can land and when is the latest ? I heard some problems with cars etc. Should I rent a car and if so, will that not create problem at the post since I have to come back to US to return the car.

You can land the day u get the visa... but within one year after doing the medicals. Landing in a rental car is fine.. as long as you have a visa to come back into the US.

Too many questions I guess. What about residence do they provide information about where I can move ? I dont know anybody in Canada at this moment.

You have to decide where u wanna live. You can land anywhere except for Quebec. Do a little research on some of the provinces.

Thanks a lot

For Krishna

Hi Krishna,

Do they ask you to submit updated employer info ?? or have u already done with submiting new forms ??

Thanks,
Rama.

I just repost this one.

Hi dsnvas,

Probably different officers are processing different batches. You should hear from them soon.

The friend of yours that got rejected, how many points did he have. Strange that he did not get a chance to interview.

I read one news that canadian immigration court has issued one notice to CIC. CIC must stop rejecting appliers who sent their application before Jan. 1st, 2002 and can't get pass under new regulations.

approving or rejecting

hi guys,

i don't know what to say but people are still waiting for any response, either approval or rejection...

When should I expect the passport request??

I applied from California. Here is my info:

Applied on ------------------------------> 12/10/2001
Buffalo received on ----------------------> 12/13/2001
Money Receipt dated --------------------> 17/12/2001
File number issued on --------------------> 21/02/2002
Received the letter with files number------> 25/02/2002
Received Initial Assessment --------------> 03/06/2003 (Requested for Medical, RPRF, New Bank letter and New state police certificates. Interview: Waved)
Medical was done on --------------------> 04/23/2003
Request for Passport---------------------> 07/29/2003

Landing Papers---------------------------> Waiting

Do you know... How long it takes to get the passport back after mailing it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Passport

Hello all.

I received my passport stamped with the Visa.. today. I will be landing next week. I will post my landing experience in the appropriale thread.

Thanks

Good Luck to all of you!!

LD