Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Re: Update to Tracker

Originally posted by crazy_apple
I am a canadian immigration novice..so please pardon my ignorance..but can someone tell me what is AOR?

AOR is Application of Record (Receipt), the date at which the application was looked at and a receipt was mailed among other things.

Btw, I am curious ... If you don't mind, how much did you spend for the lawyer? Not to put a dagger in your heart, but the process is not that complicated and was wondering why you chose that avenue?

does anyone has a sample template of the police clearance certificate from India?

I spoke to my parents in India and they mentioned it takes only 10 days to get the police certificate from the local police station.
will that be enough to send to the Canadian consulate?

for that I need a sample copy of the police clearance letter.Does anyone have got Police clearnce from India before could post a sample letter that will be useful for everyone in this forrum.

appreciate the reply
thank you so much

love2002 ,
Why don't you take from Indain Consulate. If you take from Indain local police station , you have to mention Passport number etc. generally in police station they have their own format.
If you take from India, it will take 10 days (some time 30 days) and they have to post it then it will take again 15 -20days.

This is not good for you. Better to apply from New York Office , you will get it with in 30-35 days.

does anyone has a sample template of the police clearance certificate from India?

I spoke to my parents in India and they mentioned it takes only 10 days to get the police certificate from the local police station.
will that be enough to send to the Canadian consulate?

for that I need a sample copy of the police clearance letter.Does anyone have got Police clearnce from India before could post a sample letter that will be useful for everyone in this forrum.

appreciate the reply
thank you so much
[/QUOTE]

the only issue is we have to submit the original passport with newyork consulate for 30 days or more.
if we submit the notarized copies of the passport, then we have to take a day off to walk-in to the newyork consulate on a week day to show them the original passport.

so for the above reason, I like to get it from india.
10 days to get the police certificate and 7 days to get it by mail which simplifies the process.

india-usa...
I think you do have the sample copy of the police certficate.
could you please post it, so that it will be useful for me and the others as well?

thank you

Re: Why pick a lawyer instead of self filing..

The canadian PR process is not complex..I agree. But hiring a lawyer has 1 big advantage - you get presence in the US when you are filing it from here.

For example, if you file a case via a lawyer and then - get laid off from a company and have to return back to your home country, the Canadian process does not get transferred to your home country queue. Instead it stays here in the US. I have heard that the queue in India for example takes about 5 years total to process a case compared to the under 2 years here.

Apart from that, its convinient to have an attorney double-check the application and provide some insight. My lawyer charged me about 1K so I thought it wasnt too bad..

Hope that helps...

Landing in Canada

Hi,

I had received the landing papers in September itself.

Currently I am contemplating a trip to Canada either towards Dec end or in the month of Jan since my PR Visa is valid until Feb 2004.

My PR Visa has the wrong Passport Number - the 1st digit is wrong and so also on the COPR. However, when I received a phone call from the Buffalo Consulate that it should be ok and the Immigration Officer can correct this. Has anyone faced this issue before? Hopefully there should be no issues.

The current question in mind is

I will be taking the COPR, Passport, Proof of Funds documents. Are there any other documents needed? Do I need a local address in Canada?

Also in my application I had mentioned Ottawa as the preferred
choice of destination. Can I land in Toronto or Vancouver instead?

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi annies

I have no clue as to when my interview shall be as I only got my IA last week and my file has not as yet been transfered to New York..I gather that I shall be waiting quite some time however.

jahmal

I got it from Indian Consulate, Houston, TX.

Originally posted by love2002
the only issue is we have to submit the original passport with newyork consulate for 30 days or more.
if we submit the notarized copies of the passport, then we have to take a day off to walk-in to the newyork consulate on a week day to show them the original passport.

so for the above reason, I like to get it from india.
10 days to get the police certificate and 7 days to get it by mail which simplifies the process.

india-usa...
I think you do have the sample copy of the police certficate.
could you please post it, so that it will be useful for me and the others as well?

thank you

Please Advice

Please Advice
I am applying for Canda IMMI.
1.Do I have to Send the finger prints with the application or I can send later on.
2.In the points,if I check for Efficient for English ( Read, Write,Speak --) .Do theyt ask for any test.
Please respond.
Thanks

I submitted my medicals in the last week of Aug and have not heard back since then. Is anyone else in the same boat? I have heard that the delays are due to background checks. Also the estatus also has not been updated , it keeps showing "Decision Made" so I am not sure even if they received my ROLF fees.

Any idea on how long this is taking nowadays to get the passport request for stamping?

Thanks

We received passports back

We received passports back.

Here is my timetable

1. Application sent to Buffalo on Nov 7, 2001.
2. Started processing my File on Jan 2, 2002.
3. Got file number on Jan 10, 2002.
4. Informed Buffalo for new member in my family on July 2002.
5. Got additional forms for my son and request for $100 fee on July 2002.
6. Sent forms, fee and passport copy for my son on Aug 2002 - no confirmation from Buffalo.
7. Got initial assessment, interview waver and medical forms on Dec 04, 2002 and letter asking to wait 6 months before undergo medicals test.
8. Attended medical tests on Apr 18, 2003.
9. Paid RPRF on Aug 2003 - no confirmation from Buffalo.
10. Got request for bank statement and new FBI fingerprints for my wife and me on Sep 26, 2003.
11. Sent requested documents on Oct 27, 2003.
12. Sent fax, asking for status of my application on Nov 4, 2003 (I think this speed up the process slightly).
13. Got passport request plus additional form with name, high … on Nov 10, 2003.
14. Sent passports, 3 pictures on Nov 12, 2003.
15. Receive passports back on Nov 20, 2003.

Applied as Skilled worker. Marred, one kid. Total processing time: 2 years.

e-client changed on Nov 18, 2003 from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'
This forum was very helpful for me in my long wait. Thank you very much to all that contributed information here.
Good luck to all of you. I will post my lending experience.

Updated Tracker

Guys,

I have updated the tracker to the best as i can. I guess it will be great if people start updating their own information by downloading the excel sheet and then updating it on this site.

Don't just wait others to update your infomation as this will save everyone's time. So those who are missing can include their infomation in this sheet.

Good luck everybody.

Initial assesment.

Got initial assesment and told interview required.

1. What they check in intial assesment.

2. What they will ask in interview at detroit.

3. Is interview problem.

They are saying interview will take between 7 to 11 months.

pLease reply.

Re: We received passports back

What did you send the Fax and give me that info and the fax number. I have submitted my Medicals on Aug 5 the then my wife got REF (they need more X-rays) then we sent them on Oct12th. after that there is no updation. Checking online also no use.

Originally posted by ivaylo
We received passports back.

Here is my timetable

1. Application sent to Buffalo on Nov 7, 2001.
2. Started processing my File on Jan 2, 2002.
3. Got file number on Jan 10, 2002.
4. Informed Buffalo for new member in my family on July 2002.
5. Got additional forms for my son and request for $100 fee on July 2002.
6. Sent forms, fee and passport copy for my son on Aug 2002 - no confirmation from Buffalo.
7. Got initial assessment, interview waver and medical forms on Dec 04, 2002 and letter asking to wait 6 months before undergo medicals test.
8. Attended medical tests on Apr 18, 2003.
9. Paid RPRF on Aug 2003 - no confirmation from Buffalo.
10. Got request for bank statement and new FBI fingerprints for my wife and me on Sep 26, 2003.
11. Sent requested documents on Oct 27, 2003.
12. Sent fax, asking for status of my application on Nov 4, 2003 (I think this speed up the process slightly).
13. Got passport request plus additional form with name, high … on Nov 10, 2003.
14. Sent passports, 3 pictures on Nov 12, 2003.
15. Receive passports back on Nov 20, 2003.

Applied as Skilled worker. Marred, one kid. Total processing time: 2 years.

e-client changed on Nov 18, 2003 from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'
This forum was very helpful for me in my long wait. Thank you very much to all that contributed information here.
Good luck to all of you. I will post my lending experience.

Any GURU ,pleaseeee Reply

1.Do I have to Send the finger prints with the application or I can send later on.
2.In the points,if I check for Efficient for English ( Read, Write,Speak --) .Do theyt ask for any test.
Please respond.
Thanks

Re: Any GURU ,pleaseeee Reply

Originally posted by Immilaw

I guess you are referring to the FBI clearance
I think this can be forwarded later (at least thats what I have done :D ). From what I understand, CIC will advise when to submit the FBI clearance after the initial assessment

Please respond.
Thanks

Ideally one should submit the IELTS results. But the CIC website indicates that some other form of evidence can also be submitted to support one's claim of proficiency in English. Although this is a little risky

please reply.

Initial assesment.
Got initial assesment and told interview required.

1. What they check in intial assesment.

2. What they will ask in interview at detroit.

3. Is interview problem.

They are saying interview will take between 7 to 11 months.

pLease reply.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Log

FBI Clearence

Hi Guys,

I sent my FBI finger printing card to FBI, West Virginia 3 weeks back and havent heard back from them yet. Can anyone let me know how many days does FBI usually take to send back the finger print card?

Thanks,
Baig