Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hello,

Can you guys please tell me how much money(in which format like cheque or what?) i have to carry for single person?

Thanks,
Esskaybos1

Friends,

Here is the updated tracker.

- Couple of dates were fixed
- New members added, timeline changed,
- Members promoted to next level who completed medical, or recd assessment.

Comment - Whenever you update the tracker make sure you eneter correct dates, move members from one group to another group if required.

Good luck to all!

Jalma, Pkapur and other friends,

I have just recd a request for passport. Here is my time line,

t_p99->09/29/2001->11/15/2001->12/06/2002->N->06/26/2003->10/07/2003->pending

It looks like now they have started sending any pending passport request for cases of 2001.

FYI-
Request came in a regular USPS mail. They also send an envelope to send passport back to them for stamping alongwith the letter. Letter says - send us the passport within 30 days of letter or otherwise inform us the reason for not sending.

Recently, I sent a long letter to my consular officer and also to Canadian Consulate General at Buffalo office. I asked them about the status of my application, and acknowledgements of all the coomunication that I have made. I recommend those folks who file almost back in 2001 and still haven't heard anything from Buffalo, to send a letter to ur officer asking acknowledgements etc. It worked for me, within two days i recd request for passport.

Post any questions you guys may have.

tp

Updated Tracker

Friends,

I have updated the tracker with my information

jalabalajings->06/03/2002->11/10/2002->09/29/2003->Y
->Pending->Pending->Pending

Thanks

Originally posted by t_p99
Friends,

Here is the updated tracker.

- Couple of dates were fixed
- New members added, timeline changed,
- Members promoted to next level who completed medical, or recd assessment.

Comment - Whenever you update the tracker make sure you eneter correct dates, move members from one group to another group if required.

Good luck to all!

Hello,

Can you guys please tell me how much money(in which format like cheque or what?) i have to carry for single person?

Thanks,
Esskaybos1

Congratulations t_p99 that after a long wait your process is finally completed.

Good luck with your landing. Please do let us know when you complete your passport stamping and other formalities.

I am glad things are working fine for all the 2001 applicants.

Best wishes

t_p99,

I can only guess your feelings as how good you will be feeling after a long long wait. Congratulations !!!

I think Immig. guys finally thought if these guys are NOT ready to give up then it is time us to give up and give them "PR".

Ok, you mentioned about sending about letters etc. to them, would you like to share some contents of them.

Also you mentioned about " acknowledgements of all the coomunication that I have made." , did you get any response back from them. If you got any responses, what kind of respopnses & referring to time interval too.

You file is at Buffalo office or any other office ?
Any other effort , which could expedite our case, you may wish to share would be appreciable.

I am still waiting for interview call to be happened at NYC , which as per last letter from buffalo office received by me in Nov-02, to wait for 7-10 months(Already this is 12th month). No news, recently I did send a fax to NYC consulate, last month, to find about the transfer of my file to NYC from Buffalo, They replied on the same fax by hand written that that my file has not been shifted to NYC office. Donot know what else I could do ? Any thoughts.

Once again, I feel good for you :) that someone got something.

pkapur

Originally posted by t_p99
Jalma, Pkapur and other friends,

I have just recd a request for passport. Here is my time line,

t_p99->09/29/2001->11/15/2001->12/06/2002->N->06/26/2003->10/07/2003->pending

It looks like now they have started sending any pending passport request for cases of 2001.

FYI-
Request came in a regular USPS mail. They also send an envelope to send passport back to them for stamping alongwith the letter. Letter says - send us the passport within 30 days of letter or otherwise inform us the reason for not sending.

Recently, I sent a long letter to my consular officer and also to Canadian Consulate General at Buffalo office. I asked them about the status of my application, and acknowledgements of all the coomunication that I have made. I recommend those folks who file almost back in 2001 and still haven't heard anything from Buffalo, to send a letter to ur officer asking acknowledgements etc. It worked for me, within two days i recd request for passport.

Post any questions you guys may have.

tp

Congrats Tp99

Congratulations TP99,
Can you please give the fax no.? I have sent a couple of faxes without any response from Buffalo
Satish

Initial Assessment

Greetings,

Applied in March 2002. Received initial assessment today.
No interview required. I scored 71 points.

Medical to be completed in 60 days.
Other docs like FBI cert, funds and exp to be sunbmitted in 90 days.

Thanks
Sudhir

congratulation sudhirsama, do you know how long does it take to get the FBI clearness? are three months enough?

It took less than one month for me.

Daobing

Originally posted by ahalem
congratulation sudhirsama, do you know how long does it take to get the FBI clearness? are three months enough?

Pkapur, Jalma, Satish & other friends,

Thanks for your best wishes!

I have attached the template of the letter that I sent to CIC-Buffalo.

I had my file pending at Buffalo, and as I posted no Interview required.

PKapur- I know one of my friend who filed in September-2001 (about 15 days before me) had got the file no. alongwith me. CIC-Buffalo asked him for interview and to wait for 6-10 months. Later on after 6-months CIC sent him new forms and medical, and a letter about interview waived. He completed medical 4 months back but heven't heard since then.

Acknowledgements- every 4-5 months I updated CIC with latest emploment changes, salary revisions, bank statements, ROLF etc. But I never recd any acknowledgement from them. So, this time when they send me passport request they also send me the receipt of the ROLFees.

Also, I haven't made my landing plans yet. Here is my situation.
1). My six year H1 time period will expire in January-2005. And, right now I sent my passport for Visa Revalidation. So, I will send my passport once i will have my new extended H1 stamp.
2). My Virginia Labor is pending and my filing date was 06/2002. And, I expect that to be complete in next 3-6 months.

Most probably I will land their in Jan-Feb and come back here, as I have job here. And then will keep PR untill I will get the PR of US.

I will keep you posted if anything that can be helpful to you guys.

Good Luck,

tp

Plz update - June 2002 Applications

Hi candie, faithfully, Amit_a, charleydol and h1bfate,

Did any of you guys hear from CIC. You all have applied in June; I was just wondering how long I will have to wait as my application is from July 02. The website says they are processing applications received in June for 20 days now.
I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Baig

Received request for Passport

Hi All,

Sent medicals in July end and received request on 10/14 from Canadian Consulate's New York, NY office for stamping passports with PR Visa for me and my family.
Questions I have are:
(1)
MY PASSPORT IS VALID UPTO JUNE 26, 2004. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN SEND THE PASSPORT FOR STAMPING AS IT IS NOT ONE FULL YEAR FROM THE MEDICALS.
(2)
WHAT WILL BE THE VALIDITY OF THE PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA? IN OTHER WORDS WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME AVAILABLE TO US BY WHICH WE HAVE TO ENTER CANADA?

I will appreciate your response.
Thanks
TRISAM

Your PR will be valid for 12 months from the date of your medical. As long as your paspoert is valid until then you should be all set.
Congrats.

Trisam - Congrats.

Hi Trisam:

First off, congrats. From what I understand, Visa will be issued for one year from the medicals and in some cases, if the medicals is about to expire and not enough time to land, then the consulate gives you six months grace period.

For your other question, I assume that they will issue the visa even though your passport is set to expire but check with others before you make the decision.

When did you take the medicals, I know that you said during July end but when exactly? How long after the medicals, did the doctor send the completed medical report to Ottwa? Thank you.

Received inital assessment

Update from me:

Applied on April 30th, 2002. Received initial assessment today.
No interview required. I scored 72 points.

Medical to be completed in 60 days.
Other docs: updated FBI cert and funds to be sunbmitted in 90 days.

Thanks to all for helping with questions and updating the thread faithfully.

Could someone please put my details in the tracking spreadsheet?

4/30/02->9/04/02->10/20/03->N

I will keep you posted.

got my landing paper

update my timeline:

cicily2003>01/16/02-->04/25/02-->03/31/03-->N->04/19/2003
-->09/20/2003-->10/16/2003